Store
Players Online: 46.1k Support Forums Client
Subscribe
[Staff Report][Admin]Snapbeans
IGN: Loqtopus

Accused Staff Member(s): snapbeans

Server: Not all occurrences happened on the server. The occurrence I have definite proof of was on a discord server not directly affiliated with Badlion. The occurrence I cannot prove, but have very strong suspicions of, happened on the website, on the mod panel. Then the third occurrence was a mix between in a UHC server, the appeals section of the website, and a discord server not directly affiliated with Badlion.

Abuse Committed: 1. Disrespect, 2. Illegitimate use of the IP lookups on the mod panel, 3. Making up rules

Evidence:
1.:
Confirmation of legitimacy:

2:

I'll get into why this is "evidence" in the explanation at the end. "I posted an abuse report" relates to an abuse report I posted on my twitter.

3:
https://www.badlion.net/appeal/thread/264472
https://www.badlion.net/forum/thread/163979

In this screenshot, "Rhino" pretty much exactly states my point.

Date of Evidence: All pieces came from 09 April 2017.

1:
This is just an extremely disrespectful comment towards me. What is said in the screenshot should not be said by any staff member, let alone a manager. I don't even really know what to say about this, besides debunking some possible counterarguments one could give. One could say, "Hey, this happened on a server not affiliated with Badlion and it's more or less a private server, so what should we be doing about it? Their life, their choices. Also, she didn't say it to you, so it obviously wasn't meant for you!" Well, allow me to refer to earlier issues I have had with snapbeans.

The issue pointed out here was randomly brought up in an issue I had with snapbeans at the time, and refers to something I said back in September or October 2016. I did not say this to her, I said this to people I viewed as trustworthy, and it got leaked to her. Same situation pretty much here, except it's just a lot, lot more disrespectful. If I recall correctly, I used the term "fucking cunt", which, yes, is disrespectful, and I do regret saying it, but correct me if I'm wrong: this seems a lot harsher. The second image in the evidence relating to this issue is a screenshot from people in that discord reacting to the picture (As I posted it on twitter when it got sent to me), so that should be enough to settle this.

2:
This evidence may seem slightly confusing. How would a Twitter conversation get me to believe snapbeans illegitimately used the mod panel to look up my IP information? Allow me to explain. A little over two weeks ago, I posted a staff abuse report against snapbeans on my alt. I didn't do this because of personal issues with her, I saw something I just didn't see as appropriate and decided to report it without my name on it, purely because I did not want it to lead to an issue. The old IGN of that account was known to most people that were seniors when I was, and thus I changed the IGN to just have it be as non-personal as possible. Now, Unwise, who isn't even staff, apparently knows I made that report. How? I believe someone checked my IP. This is a thing that I know happened from time to time when I was staff, so it really wouldn't surprise me if snapbeans in fact checked my IP information and saw it was me. As for whether or not she could've used namemc to figure it out, that just doesn't seem likely to me. Who sees a random new account post a staff abuse report and immediately step to namemc? Seems awfully unlikely to me.

3:
If you'd be as kind as to check out the links, you'll see what my point is. "Rhino" explains it quite well. There's no rule against logging out during 100x100 (And to be fair, it's an easy kill for whoever wants to kill the zombies) and in the screenshot snapbeans is pretty much telling her staff to do the same (She's saying that if a blue tag did the same and got reported for it, it would most likely not be accepted, thus she's saying it's completely just to ban for logging out during 100x100, even though there's no rule stating it isn't). She's just setting the wrong example it seems. Yes, seniors and managers can step above the rules from time to time, I am aware of that, but this is not about that, this is about the example she's setting for her staff. She's done something that's within her power of stepping above the rules, and then justifies that (which is completely fine) and then proceeds to say it would be alright for a blue tag to step above those rules as well. I think this is just not appropriate for a manager to do. If anything, she should tell her staff only to step above the rules with permission from a higher-up.

If you could address all three of these issues in separate paragraphs, that'd be much appreciated.
PM Link
@LENAvision – Administrator in charge of UHC
PM Link
@LENAvision
PM Link
@LENAvision
PM Link
@LENAvision
PM Link
1. I agree that this comment is disrespectful, but it was said in a small, private Discord among a small group of friends and not in any kind of public venue. I spoke to two admins that either were or are also managers and they confirmed we do police what's said in private Discords.

2. I can understand your concern. Who wouldn't be curious if someone made a staff report with no prior forum posts though. Like you said, one quick look at namemc.com would tell someone that the previous IGN for the account was LordNumlock which all the seniors and managers know is your account.

3. Nobody logged out during 100x100. There is a new set of rules starting 100x100 that do not apply up until this point, including no camping. The entire to4 logged out just before the 25x25 shrink (which as you know is 15 minutes after the 100x100 shrink) so that their zombies stayed outside the last border and couldn't be killed. This was clearly intentional to avoid fighting, as they all logged out at the same time. In doing so, the other teams would either have to fight and get drained or avoid fighting because they didn't
want to get drained or possibly cleaned when the team came back. The team that logged out would have an advantage upon returning and they were already warned several times by snapbeans to stop camping a hill and also to start fighting. This ban was for camping, as their intent was to avoid fighting and she just chose a more descriptive ban reason. I would have supported these bans no matter what color tag, if they had been warned.
PM Link

LENAvision wrote

1. I agree that this comment is disrespectful, but it was said in a small, private Discord among a small group of friends and not in any kind of public venue. I spoke to two admins that either were or are also managers and they confirmed we do police what's said in private Discords.

So what happens with this? You're saying it's bad, but at the same time it isn't? Could you give a clear answer on this?

LENAvision wrote

2. I can understand your concern. Who wouldn't be curious if someone made a staff report with no prior forum posts though. Like you said, one quick look at namemc.com would tell someone that the previous IGN for the account was LordNumlock which all the seniors and managers know is your account.

This isn't awfully likely though, I know for a fact that a lot of random illegitimate IP checking goes on behind the scenes and I feel like someone should do something about that. Who in their right mind would just go to name.mc. I think we both know that she just went ahead and checked my IP, I think that is a fair assumption.

LENAvision wrote

3. Nobody logged out during 100x100. There is a new set of rules starting 100x100 that do not apply up until this point, including no camping. The entire to4 logged out just before the 25x25 shrink (which as you know is 15 minutes after the 100x100 shrink) so that their zombies stayed outside the last border and couldn't be killed. This was clearly intentional to avoid fighting, as they all logged out at the same time. In doing so, the other teams would either have to fight and get drained or avoid fighting because they didn't
want to get drained or possibly cleaned when the team came back. The team that logged out would have an advantage upon returning and they were already warned several times by snapbeans to stop camping a hill and also to start fighting. This ban was for camping, as their intent was to avoid fighting and she just chose a more descriptive ban reason. I would have supported these bans no matter what color tag, if they had been warned.

The report wasn't for the ban reason whatsoever. There already was a report on that which you closed when you asked a question which in itself is very odd. However, onto your little answer hidden in a paragraph of something this report wasn't even about, is this in the rules? Were they warned? Regardless, should a manager telling blue tags to be above the rules regardless of whether you support it or not? Did snapbeans say to warn? No.

Clear answers or no answers, thank you.

Could someone tag LENAvision again please?
PM Link
1. Sorry I meant "do not" police. My browser crashed and I had to retype it and made a mistake.

2. Ok.

3. You're entitled to your opinions.
PM Link
So, one of your top staff members harshly insults me and all I get is a 'sorry, none of our business'? Ridiculous. Use your brain…
PM Link