Store
Abonnieren
Rewarding streaks
Hey all,

I've been thinking a bit about the new season and in particular the new ELO system. For those of you who don't know ELO has been halfed this season so instead of winning 15/16 against someone your own rating you now win 7/8. So what does this mean? It means grinding will become a lot slower and harder however if you lose the odd match you won't be harshly punished unlike the old system. It's less risky but also more time consuming.

Note - All numbers given aren't based off any real math work.

My idea is that you integrate a reward system for having a winning streak. The reward being an ELO multiplier. When you win 10 matches in a row you gain an extra ELO per fight and it goes up per 10, 20 matches - 2 ELO 30 matches - 3 ELO etc. This would make grinding for the higher rated players a lot easier and would accelerate players to their proper ranks quicker.

Note
    This would be per kit not global.
    The opponent wouldn't lose the extra ELO you gain

Make sure to give feedback on this and I'm open to new ways to tweak/change this suggestion.
PM Link
makes sense
PM Link
+1 :D
PM Link
Yeah, I play a lot of Rocket League and as you go on a win streak the more MMR you gain from each game, +1
PM Link
+1 great idea
PM Link
+1
PM Link
Neutral.
The idea is good, the implemention is bad.
Winning streaks doesn't depend necessarily on yourself but rather on your enemies.
If you are fighting a low elo's, you're easily going to get the streak.
However, if you're fighting high elo's, I doubt it you're going to get a 30 streak for instance.

Implementing such system that depends on the elo of the streaks would be ideal but may be complicated.
PM Link
Automatically Deleted
PM Link

MaccariTA wrote

Neutral.
The idea is good, the implemention is bad.
Winning streaks doesn't depend necessarily on yourself but rather on your enemies.
If you are fighting a low elo's, you're easily going to get the streak.
However, if you're fighting high elo's, I doubt it you're going to get a 30 streak for instance.

Implementing such system that depends on the elo of the streaks would be ideal but may be complicated.

No offence but I don't really think this is a valid point. Out of 10 matches I highly doubt not one of the players will be strong.
PM Link

Msging wrote

MaccariTA wrote...

No offence but I don't really think this is a valid point. Out of 10 matches I highly doubt not one of the players will be strong.

Even if there will be one strong enemy, for one person it may be just one strong player and for the other it would be five strong players which makes it kind of unfair for the player who got more strong players, especially on high elos.

A good idea is to count streaks only if the enemy is let's say within 400 elo range.
PM Link

MaccariTA wrote

Msging wrote...

Even if there will be one strong enemy, for one person it may be just one strong player and for the other it would be five strong players which makes it kind of unfair for the player who got more strong players, especially on high elos.

A good idea is to count streaks only if the enemy is let's say within 400 elo range.

I guess you could say it's biased towards better players but that's sort of the aim. It makes grinding easier for better players
PM Link
This would just lead to way more elo inflation
PM Link

UVpickles wrote

This would just lead to way more elo inflation

There would be a gap between the really good players, and the gods because really good people must win 20 matches in a row just to stay positive. They would be gaining triple ELO by the 20th match. Good idea, but -1

Just make ELO normal again
PM Link
-1 for a few reasons

First off, when you start at 1400 and if you're a God, just generally a really strong and consistent player, you'll get on a huge win streak. This will make for crazy and somewhat unfair elo inflation.

Secondly, the reason win streaks are a bad idea is hackers. If you win 50 games and get a giant streak and then you die to a hacker, well that just sucks and really isn't fun.

Thirdly, we all know the trend of the tryhard getting on at 3 am to grind so he only fights low elo players. This idea just makes that way more overpowered.

Lastly, elo pools are always supposed to contain the same amount of elo/mean. This one doesn't matter much, but I still prefer it being very close to perfect if not perfect.

I don't seem to understand everyone's complaints with the new elo system. It'll have a lot less inflation; so what? It's quite simply really.
PM Link

Metarus wrote

-1 for a few reasons

First off, when you start at 1400 and if you're a God, just generally a really strong and consistent player, you'll get on a huge win streak. This will make for crazy and somewhat unfair elo inflation.

Secondly, the reason win streaks are a bad idea is hackers. If you win 50 games and get a giant streak and then you die to a hacker, well that just sucks and really isn't fun.

Thirdly, we all know the trend of the tryhard getting on at 3 am to grind so he only fights low elo players. This idea just makes that way more overpowered.

Lastly, elo pools are always supposed to contain the same amount of elo/mean. This one doesn't matter much, but I still prefer it being very close to perfect if not perfect.

I don't seem to understand everyone's complaints with the new elo system. It'll have a lot less inflation; so what? It's quite simply really.

Good points. I can't really argue against the fact it would cause ELO inflation.
PM Link
Oh yeah, one other thing I forgot to mention: it would make draining yourself and then grinding up to get a bigger win streak a viable strategy which is pretty much aids.
PM Link

Msging wrote

MaccariTA wrote...

It's actually a good point, though he's stated it's a negative whereas it's positive. If you're good enough to beat all the high ranks, yeah you deserve to be ranked up quicker.

Though regarding grinding off of lower Elo players, I totally agree, the streak should be based on how high the opponents Elo is, not just the fact you've won 10 games in a row
PM Link
I will give my opinion once more arguments are heard. +0 This is a good discussion :D
PM Link
+1 . honstly as a compulsive grinder , its hard for us the high rated players (at least in build) to rank up at a certain level , because of how lucky you can be / how much hackers plays this kit , so we just have to grind to avoide those and i think that if lets say someone is 2200 elo , and his real elo should be 2400 its just fair to reward on win streaks , so he wont need to play 200 matchs to get there.
PM Link

Magiclz wrote

Yeah, I play a lot of Rocket League and as you go on a win streak the more MMR you gain from each game, +1

Wait really. I have 200 hours in RL and didn't know this lol
PM Link