Store
Subskrybuj
Badlion Reborn!

MasterGberry wrote

Every decision here we make at Badlion is very well thought out and justified with plenty of logic and reason behind it. Everyone is of course entitled to their own opinions on things.

I never doubt that, but every time I ask about something you guys have decided to do is so that myself, and the rest of the community, know the reasoning behind it as well. This was the case with the SuchSpeed and Mentally post I made, which you effectively made me do a 180 on my original view.
Anyway I know who you're referring to. Most Retired ranks (myself included in some respects) have to understand Badlion isn't the same as it was when we left the staff team. They also need to refrain from rudeness and spongebob memes when expressing their views…
PM Link
Hype
PM Link
Hypeeee
PM Link

MasterGberry wrote

Just want to remind the Retired Staff here that your ranks are a privilege, and if you act like an idiot I will remove it. Every decision here we make at Badlion is very well thought out and justified with plenty of logic and reason behind it. Everyone is of course entitled to their own opinions on things.

Honestly, I understand that this is the right business move for Badlion. Many, many other servers sell unbans, and it's a major revenue stream that Badlion has missed out on until now. And if this is what it takes to keep Badlion functioning as a server for as long as possible, I can't argue with the decision itself. But I also can't agree with it, for my own personal and philosophical reasons that I listed in that post from over a year ago that BlueManOtti screenshotted in his post.

Two questions. One, can you publicly answer the non-meme part of BlueManOtti's post, which asked how much these reductions will cost and how much they'll reduce punishments by? And two, can you unban BlueManOtti? In my personal experience, sometimes we retired ranks say things we don't mean about the server when something significant happens that we disagree with, but that doesn't change the fact that almost all of us care deeply about the server, and hope it succeeds in our absence.
PM Link

Unwise wrote

MasterGberry wrote...

Honestly, I understand that this is the right business move for Badlion. Many, many other servers sell unbans, and it's a major revenue stream that Badlion has missed out on until now. And if this is what it takes to keep Badlion functioning as a server for as long as possible, I can't argue with the decision itself. But I also can't agree with it, for my own personal and philosophical reasons that I listed in that post from over a year ago that BlueManOtti screenshotted in his post.

Two questions. One, can you publicly answer the non-meme part of BlueManOtti's post, which asked how much these reductions will cost and how much they'll reduce punishments by? And two, can you unban BlueManOtti? In my personal experience, sometimes we retired ranks say things we don't mean about the server when something significant happens that we disagree with, but that doesn't change the fact that almost all of us care deeply about the server, and hope it succeeds in our absence.

1) It costs between $5 and $50 depending how long you are banned ($5 for 1 week for instance and $50 for 6+ months)
2) No I am not planning on unbanning BlueManOtti atm. Can ask me again in a few weeks.
PM Link
Why is Badlion going back on so many things they said they would never do? What’s going on?

PM Link

MVPExterminator wrote

Why is Badlion going back on so many things they said they would never do? What’s going on?

Heyo! Have the TopDogs returned? It's been a long time, my man. How've you been?
In response to your question, I have mixed opinions on this. Badlion needs the money, no doubt, and I don't think this is a stupid move.

However, I think that there is an element of morality which is missing. I personally think that it's not a terrible compromise and doesn't have as many drawbacks as people think. If someone wanted to cheat on BL and cheated on it, then they would get banned. They appeal, get an unban time of what, 8 months? Let's be conservative and say 8, and lets assume the cost to get unbanned is 50 dollars. Why would they spend 50 dollars if they can spend two or three on an alt from some shady alt dealer and then just cheat on that instead? I don't think that this is going to have as many negative repercussions as people think. The only reason I usually dislike servers that sell unbans is because it gives incentive for staff to ban people. The more people banned, the more likely it is that people will buy unbans. I hold great trust in Badlion not to make GCheat more sensitive or tell the staff team to be more strict with bans, and ban people if they may be cheating, so I have faith in Badlion not to make stupid decisions.

I'm really not as opposed to this move as many people are, but it certainly does show an extent of hypocrisy from Badlion which I don't like but at the same time I understand their thinking on the front.
PM Link
Is this the season 16 beta? And if it is, is there gonna be another state reset next week
PM Link
Hype
PM Link
hey yes
PM Link

Metarus wrote

Why would they spend 50 dollars if they can spend two or three on an alt from some shady alt dealer and then just cheat on that instead?

Mostly because of one's name, I think. I wouldn't have bought a shady alt because, next to it being unreliable, I want to be 'freekkiller' and not XX_N0scopeH4x0r_XX. For the rest, I agree that BL should sell reduced ban times.
PM Link
Great Work Daniel, its just that Asians(US), we still suffer.
PM Link

GetDrop wrote

Is this the season 16 beta? And if it is, is there gonna be another state reset next week

There is no beta, this is season 16 (what is live now).
PM Link

freekkiller wrote

Metarus wrote...

Mostly because of one's name, I think. I wouldn't have bought a shady alt because, next to it being unreliable, I want to be 'freekkiller' and not XX_N0scopeH4x0r_XX. For the rest, I agree that BL should sell reduced ban times.

Well yes, but honestly, if you were to hack, would you care about what name you did it under? I don't think so. People will buy the ban reducers because they want their original account back on the server, but I doubt they'd do it to hack with them.
(And yes I understand that you agree with me)
PM Link
FIX THE WEBSITE BUGS THAT HAPPENS SOMETIMES AND ALSO MAKE IT SO WE CAN SEE THE STATS OF UHC SEASON 8 FOR INDIVIDUAL PEOPLE
PM Link
Automatically Deleted
PM Link
Hype
PM Link

EhhThing wrote

HalfCreeper wrote...

Your thoughts on the new forgiveness system?

I find it hard to justify since it goes against the EULA which is something I (we) have always tried to comply with. Not just for the sake of playing by Mojang's rules, but also the fact that the things that violate the EULA are typically unethical or downright malicious (particularly things such as allowing users [children] to trade in hard currency for ingame currency/items).

I haven't spoken to any of the people who made this decision so I can only speculate as to what the exact reasoning behind it is. Though even if we assume the worst and this is purely a method to make more money, I still can't say I don't understand the decision at all. Those who consider themselves Badlion's competition have been violating the EULA for years, in ways much worse than this forgiveness system. And despite them being reported for it many times by many people, they have yet to get their asses kicked for it (as far as I know). This obviously gives them a huge advantage on a financial level. Finances happen to be the most important thing in any company, so from a business standpoint this new system seems like a logical move.

With the information I have now I can't say I would've agreed to a system like this. Then again, what's the opinion worth of someone who isn't actually in charge of a business?
PM Link
Actual 1.9+ combat mode when?
PM Link

logicalpencils wrote

Actual 1.9+ combat mode when?
Community hated it (me included) so probably not for a very long time.
PM Link