Store
Subscribe
Tournament Tips
Hello, I have noticed a lot of people making tournaments, and I would just like to share some tips on how to make your tournament successful.

Tip #1: Prizes. Honestly, if you aren't going to give out prizes, not many people will enter, period. People want a motivation to play tournaments, and that motivation is receiving something in the end for winning the tournament. People won't want to go out of their way to play a tournament to just have their names announced in an unofficial thread. Try to give out something like an optifine cape, an account, a Badlion donator rank, or even some PayPal money, that is few of the many prizes you could hand out.

Tip #2: Challonge. Be sure to use Challonge for your brackets, and make the people reply to your thread with their IGNs, then manually enter them in yourself. Once you close entries, be sure to shuffle the seeds in the bracket, this is very important. I highly recommend having co-hosts help you advance the brackets.

Tip #3: Announce a stream. Stream the tournament, more people will come watch, and the hype will increase, it will also help spread the word to the inactive participants to get on.

Tip #4: Don't be bias, and don't be too nice. Do not rematch players for things like "pot lag", or "FPS freezes" or anything of that nature. The only time you should void a match is if one of the players lag out blatantly. Also, do not be bias and try to help your friends in the tournament as a host, that will make people not want to play your tournament.

Tip #5: For team tournaments, try to not raise the team size too high, that will make it harder and more confusing for people to find teams and enter. 1v1 and 2v2 tournaments are most suitable in my opinion, but I would not go over 3v3 teams.

Tip #6 Use the format. https://www.badlion.net/forum/thread/31503

Can't really think of anything else to add tbh, I'll edit this if I come up with more ideas
PM Link
This thread should be pinned @Archybot
PM Link
Hmm thank you for the tipps! :)

LG~Berkant
PM Link
Revieving an old thread :P
PM Link
+1
PM Link
….
PM Link

Hello!
I wanted to know if I could hostear a private UHC to organize a UHC between Youtubers please
PM Link

marcoo206_HD wrote

Hello!
I wanted to know if I could hostear a private UHC to organize a UHC between Youtubers please

Not unless you're famous
PM Link
Hi
PM Link