Store
Players Online: 35.0k Help Forums Client
Subscribe
Favorite Year(s) of Minecraft
Probably 2015. It's all been enjoyable - otherwise, I wouldn't be playing today.
PM Link
2014-2015
PM Link
2013-2014

and i obviously still enjoy it now but i had a blast back in the day on creative servers w/ friends and shit
PM Link
2011-2012, the 1.0-1.4.7 days were the best, because at that time, there weren't as many toxic 12-14 year olds who think they're the shit because they have a green emerald rank on their profile.
PM Link

Electrinity wrote

2011-2012, the 1.0-1.4.7 days were the best, because at that time, there weren't as many toxic 12-14 year olds who think they're the shit because they have a green emerald rank on their profile.

im the best
PM Link

ThatOneCombo wrote

Electrinity wrote...

im the best

LOL gg.
PM Link
2014, enough said. 1.7 dominated it until 1.8 came out on December 14, and even still it's pretty cool because the community hadn't realized yet that there were so many flaws.
PM Link
2014 - 2015
Found Badlion
Streamed
Half Cheaters didn't exist
No Vape, Spook, Incognito
People were nice

Played more
More Players
People getting mean cough cough Killaruh cough cough nice guy now
UHC

So many cheaters
RIP Kohi
People quitting and coming back 3 days later
Overwatch
PM Link
2015 for sure. I got so much better at Minecraft it's insane. 2016 has kinda dragged on for me personally.
PM Link
When mcsg was good, 2014
PM Link
2012 - 2014

used to play so much mineplex sg and super smash mobs (ik, ik very cringey) back in 2012, 2013 i think i found hypixel idk i was still extremely bad at pvp and played on like 15-20 fps, then 2014 was when i found mcsg and i played so much even tho i was horrible at pvp
PM Link
2014 was the best
PM Link

dolfiin wrote

2012 - 2014

used to play so much mineplex sg and super smash mobs (ik, ik very cringey) back in 2012, 2013 i think i found hypixel idk i was still extremely bad at pvp and played on like 15-20 fps, then 2014 was when i found mcsg and i played so much even tho i was horrible at pvp
why not super craft bros
PM Link
2014-2015 when Broken Brute was a thing in Champions. The community was actually very nice in those days, despite having to deal with the most op thing to exist in the game's entirety.
PM Link
2015 I played this SMP server a lot and it was a ton of fun and it was also the same year I found Badlion.

Timeline of MC:

2012:
SG
Big youtubers played mc

2013:
Competiitve seen began
Minigames servers and SG

2014:
Huahwi
SG slowly declines
Minigames servers boom (Hypixel/Mineplex)

2015:
Badlion and Pot PvP grow
Danteh + good pvpers become popular
Peak of PvP
Minigames continue to boom
SG dies
OCN begins to decline

2016:
Overwatch
Most good players quit
Pot PvP dies
OCN dies

PM Link
Probably beginning of 2016 up until May. Everyone was still here, S12 was great, I was getting better at PvP, good times for me.

Feels different now. It's not the same without Scope and Barcode and Scav and Chanse and ProHulk and Slav. People like that who all left Minecraft for better games. All these awesome guys I watched play and they quit. Which I understand. But it sucks. They made great content. And with S13 came change. And people hate change.
PM Link
When Elo was a thing
PM Link
2012-2014

Timeline that's more precise:

2012:

McPvP and Soup PvP was a thing
Community was pretty stable and kind
Building was still a thing
Towny / SMP servers were up there

2013:

PvP became more popular
Soup PvP grew
PotPvP started (for me at least)
Community was still stable

2014:

Hacking / ddosing became more frequent
Auto clicking became popular
Community started drifting downhill
Soup PvP started to die

2015:

Ghost clients started getting introduced
auto clicking wasn't as popular anymore
Community went to shit
Ddosing still a thing

2016:

Ghost clients are getting detected more and more
Community is shittier than it ever was
Barely anyone DDoSes anymore
Auto clicking is becoming more popular again

PM Link
2015 When I found bad lion and learned how to download mods
PM Link
I liked singleplayer when I started in 2012, but 2014 was perfect. Kohi still existed, Badlion didn't lag and had perfect kb, hardly anyone cheated
PM Link