Store
Badlion Going Forward
Introduction

Badlion has been a huge part of the Minecraft community for the past 5 years and has always had a few key objectives. To help shape Minecraft into an esport, and to do our best to provide a cheater free environment. For many years we worked towards these goals through our Minecraft servers called Badlion Network. As time has progressed we have seen a decrease in interest in Minecraft and further more a decrease in competitive/esports behavior in Minecraft. This is why today we have made the difficult decision to close Badlion Network [Minecraft servers located on na.badlion.net & eu.badlion.net & sa.badlion.net] (on June 10th).

We have had a lot of fun here at Badlion Network over the past five years. We have done a lot of awesome things with the community such as creating the whole dueling/ArenaPvP concept, making gigantic UHC matches that peaked at around 750 players, hosting cash prize tournaments in hopes of pushing Minecraft towards an esport, and many more awesome things. We have met a bunch of awesome people during our time here as well. The needs that Badlion Network once filled in the Minecraft community do not exist in a large enough volume for Badlion Network to stay alive by itself anymore. We are going to do our best to work with other servers out there to make sure the needs of our players are still met. Check the end of this thread for some servers we recommend.

We have some incredible final goodbye events for Badlion Network setup below that we highly encourage everyone to participate in. I also encourage people to spend the few minutes to read this whole thread to really grasp how much Badlion has done and affected us (Archybot and myself) on personal levels.

Final Events Timeline

As part of our goodbye wishes, we want to put together some last events on Badlion Network for all of the players to enjoy. We also hope that some older players will return to play in these final events before we close our doors to the public. The signups and more information for each of these events will be put out in the next few days. This is just a high level of what we are going to be offering in June. The total cash prize pool up for grabs is $2500.

May 26/27 - Clan 5v5 SG Tournament. We saw a lot of success from the last 5v5 SG tournament we ran, and want to repeat this success for the community again. The prize breakdown for this tournament is:

1st place: $500
2nd place: $250
3rd place: $100

June 2/3 - Final 5v5 CTF Tournament. We saw some awesome teams come together from the CTF community and some really good gameplay from our past tournaments such as the Diamond League. The prize breakdown for this tournament is:

1st place: $500
2nd place: $250
3rd place: $100

June 9 - Final 1v1 BuildUHC ArenaPvP tournament. This one day tournament will have a prize breakdown of:

1st place: $125
2nd place: $50
3rd place: $25

June 10 - UHC Championship game. The last UHC Championship game will be hosted on Badlion to say thanks to all of our UHC friends in the community. We will also be allowing some old school players to join into the match besides just the regulars on Badlion these days. We will also be having prizes of:

Until June 10th - ArenaPvP League is being brought onto ArenaPvP. We will be offering a prize for the top 3 players on the two special League ladders which are BuildUHC and NoDebuff. There is a special place to join the queue in ArenaPvP. The prize breakdown is:

For each ladder. This means there is a total of $400 up for grabs in the ArenaPvP League. This league ladder will be unlimited matches for all players as well.

Badlion Network Final Patch

The final patch notes for Badlion Network are pretty simple and are some of the features that players have been asking us for a while now.

• ArenaPvP League - Cash Prize League that is played on specially designated ArenaPvP 1v1 ladders.
  • UHCs - Hosting our normal UHCs with some small tweaks to make the experience more enjoyable.

• The rest of the changes for this final patch are related to the tournaments/events described above.

Closing Thoughts

MasterGberry wrote

I seriously want to thank everyone from this community for your years of dedication and game time on Badlion Network. We really have done some awesome things together and a lot has come out of the Badlion community that has affected Minecraft overall. I have had a lot of fun programming the server over the past five years. I have learned so much in terms of development and running a business here that I could only have dreamed of doing before. Never in my life did I think I would be quitting my job at a Fortune 100 company to go work on my own side business full time. Less did I believe that I would be selling that side business to a larger company shortly afterwards.

I made a lot of friends here, and a lot of awesome memories. I still keep in touch with many of those friends on a frequent basis. I hope that people move together from Badlion Network towards one of the suggestions below to keep the game alive and growing. You guys are the ones that make this game fun, not us. You as a community do it.

Archybot wrote

This sure has been a journey, starting over five years ago. I could write a novel here, but I will try to keep it short. I started Badlion Network with a few Badlion faction members so we could practice HCF fights and OCN scrims as there were no such thing as scrim servers or arena styled servers at the time. The closest thing we had was spawn a bunch of items and fight servers and they were often abused and very unstable. I never thought that I would build something so well known that it would have an impact on such a large game.

Once I realized that my small pet project was turning into a network, I made the decision to make this server for the community, by the community. I went around implementing as much transparency and feedback-based changes as I could. I still to this day think that overall, Badlion is and has always been one of the most (if not the most) transparent and community centered of the networks that have existed in Minecraft. I know we've been suffering lately in these departments, and I wish that didn't happen.

I also have made a lot of friends here and met a great amount of wonderful people, with quite a few of them I keep in contact with. The network also put me through university to get my degree. I hope you guys stay with Minecraft instead of leaving the community, as servers shutting down can be good for the community, with how small it is. I hope to continue to see many of you guys pushing Minecraft on whatever networks take Badlion's place.

Unlike Gberry, my future is not set in stone, nor do I even know what I want to do. I am starting my job as a Software Engineer at Boeing, but outside of that the future could be anything. I could do anything from staying with ESL, joining another network, creating my own smaller network, moving onto a different game such as roblox or hypixel's, returning to a regular streaming schedule like back in 2015, something not even in this list, or maybe I'll just leave being a "personality" all together. The future is unknown for me, and will mostly be decided by what I'm offered and/or what I become interested in doing next after Badlion Network.

Conclusion

If you are looking for a server to play on after Badlion Network closes down, I suggest one of the following:

German Speaking Players - Hop onto GommeHD (https://www.gommehd.net/) or NeruxVace (https://neruxvace.net/) - Both of these servers have a lot of our features and many more that we don’t offer.

English Speaking Players - Hypixel is an obvious go to. They have a lot of options and do a great job sharing fun gamemodes with the community.

We are excited to have made such an impact on the community over the past few years and hope many of you will continue to enjoy the game after we are gone.

Thanks.

~Adam
    PM Link
    :(
    PM Link
    o7 ;(
    PM Link
    This has been a big part of my life for the past four years, very sad to see it go even if i dont enjoy the game anymore.
    Been a pleasure play, moderate and staff for you.
    PM Link
    ;(
    PM Link
    : (
    PM Link
    Sad to see
    PM Link
    rip it was a good big run tho :(
    PM Link
    Damn, Ive played Badlion since season 2, it was the first server that got me in the community I stayed in and met amazing people for about 3/4 years. Absolutely amazing job done by the Badlion team, nothing but good memories. Best of luck to everyone!
    PM Link
    :((((((((((((((
    PM Link
    Been the best server by far. Couldn't have asked for a better server honestly.
    PM Link
    :( o7
    PM Link
    rip :(
    PM Link
    Sad to see this server go. Been an amazing opportunity to play on here and moderate a great network, even though it has its ups and downs.
    PM Link
    Sad to see a huge chunk of my last 2 years go, honestly I really need to say thank you to you for giving all of us this opportunity. I haven't had a chance to experience everything that you guys offer on this great network. I understand where you are coming from with this decision and I hope that maybe you will come back with new ideas ( I thought it do) and bring back this beautiful network and its great community back.

It will be a lot different with out all of you, thanks for giving me a great time.

Peace
    PM Link
    Huh, still friends with the people I met on here. Thanks for the effort you've all put in thus far.
    PM Link
    Rip. One of the best server.
    Now I'm sad.
    PM Link
    fortnite im coming
    PM Link
    :(
    PM Link
    oh no :(
    PM Link