Store
Players Online: 57.1k Support Forums Client
Subscribe
A massive bug fix to the rank system
As the title says the rank system has been updated with some fixes. This is one of the oldest pieces of code in the repository for Badlion. I made it back in the summer of 2013 when I did not have a very good grasp on Java yet. As a result some of the code is quite messy and was difficult to work with. I also have found several bugs in the original design while I was fixing it up.

I also have taken some time to write up some scripts to help fix our database. In the process I broke it a little bit xD If you have a youtube/twitch/famous/famous+ rank and have lost it please contact either @Pokenick @Archybot or myself about fixing it.

As a result of these bugs that were in our rank manager plugin I have found around 5000 players who have "glitched ranks" on Badlion. By "glitched ranks" i mean that their rank never expired like it was supposed to.

I have gone through now and wiped all of these 5000 ranks. I had a few small mistakes along the way (this was a massive overhaul) and some people who should not have had their ranks might have been caught in the crossfire. I have done the best I can to properly set everything straight. If you are having issues and you know that you have a permanent rank and don't actually have it please make a post here: https://www.badlion.net/forum/category/37

I will be monitoring the situation for the next 24 hours or so along with @McNerdx and the other administrators.
PM Link
good to hear!
PM Link
I would hate to be at the receiving end of all these messages demanding ranks back
PM Link
you had one job
PM Link
Nice nice
PM Link

YouRodIProd wrote

I would hate to be at the receiving end of all these messages demanding ranks back

Meh, these people all got a lot of free money from us because of my mistake. They all won in the end of the day and I lost lol.
PM Link
k den
PM Link
Good
PM Link
you suck
PM Link

MasterGberry wrote

I have gone through now and wiped all of these 5000 ranks. I had a few small mistakes along the way (this was a massive overhaul) and some people who should not have had their ranks might have been caught in the crossfire.

gg
PM Link
2013… the good dayz
PM Link
I lost my lion rank I made an appeal at https://www.badlion.net/forum/thread/104580/post/556850#556850

PM Link
My Rank is gone why? Donator+
PM Link
Was it a temporary rank?
PM Link
Don't lie! Your code was so good even i couldn't fix it!
PM Link

Jazza wrote

you had one job

savage af
PM Link
Pls Help I had donator + forever and when I came home from school and am join I wanted Arena PvP play and then I wrote in the chat and see I'm a member

Pls Help! Thank You! <3
PM Link
When my friend bought me a $5 30 day donation two years ago, it never expired. I guess I stole $25 from you.
PM Link

Hivlik wrote

When my friend bought me a $5 30 day donation two years ago, it never expired. I guess I stole $25 from you.

I don't even want to calculate how much money I lost over this mistake…the number would scare me.
PM Link

Duusti wrote

Pls Help I had donator + forever and when I came home from school and am join I wanted Arena PvP play and then I wrote in the chat and see I'm a member

Pls Help! Thank You! <3

Comrade Duusti, please read what OP states.

Original Poster wrote

If you are having issues and you know that you have a permanent rank and don't actually have it please make a post here: https://www.badlion.net/forum/category/37
PM Link