Store
Players Online: 58.3k Support Forums Client
Subscribe
Why is it rare to fight someone with 2k+ elo on AU?

HIVLIK wrote

Reddy23 wrote...

Ah, a fantastic question!
Elo inflation refers to the phenomenon that occurs with the growth in popularity of a ladder. As more players join any certain ladder, more elo joins that ladder as well. Every time a new players joins, the total elo pool in that ladder expands by 1400 elo. There is nothing to remove elo from an elo pool besides resets, but those happens so little and on such a small scale that it barely matters. So as more and more people join any given ladder, it becomes easier and easier to deviate from 1400, the average elo. This makes sense, right? If there are 2 players that have ever joined a ladder, and I've beaten him 7 or 8 times, I'd be sitting right around 1500 elo, whereas he'd be sitting right around 1300. But if a third player joins the queue and fights me, I take more elo from him (and lose less) by playing him than by playing the 1300. Once I take another 100 elo from him, he's now a 1300, which means that I now gain substantially less elo from him than I did before. The process repeats. Obviously no ladder has 2 or 3 players in it except for the first split second of any season, but the same phenomenon occurs on a larger scale. For example, look at build UHC. It has far more unique players to ever join it than something like, say, horse ladder. This is the reason that as seasons progress, elo records are easier to reach. It's because as Badlion grows, the ladders grow as well, and as that happens, elo inflation occurs. I hope that wasn't too hard to understand.
where do you get the time to think of this shit
PM Link

Unshift wrote

HIVLIK wrote...

where do you get the time to think of this shit

Showers & shits
PM Link

HIVLIK wrote

Unshift wrote...

Showers & shits
I prefer taking newspapers and monopoly games into my bathroom
PM Link
We have dedicated players… Unlike NA And EU people that come on for like 5 minutes…
PM Link

HIVLIK wrote

Reddy23 wrote...

Ah, a fantastic question!
Elo inflation refers to the phenomenon that occurs with the growth in popularity of a ladder. As more players join any certain ladder, more elo joins that ladder as well. Every time a new players joins, the total elo pool in that ladder expands by 1400 elo. There is nothing to remove elo from an elo pool besides resets, but those happens so little and on such a small scale that it barely matters. So as more and more people join any given ladder, it becomes easier and easier to deviate from 1400, the average elo. This makes sense, right? If there are 2 players that have ever joined a ladder, and I've beaten him 7 or 8 times, I'd be sitting right around 1500 elo, whereas he'd be sitting right around 1300. But if a third player joins the queue and fights me, I take more elo from him (and lose less) by playing him than by playing the 1300. Once I take another 100 elo from him, he's now a 1300, which means that I now gain substantially less elo from him than I did before. The process repeats. Obviously no ladder has 2 or 3 players in it except for the first split second of any season, but the same phenomenon occurs on a larger scale. For example, look at build UHC. It has far more unique players to ever join it than something like, say, horse ladder. This is the reason that as seasons progress, elo records are easier to reach. It's because as Badlion grows, the ladders grow as well, and as that happens, elo inflation occurs. I hope that wasn't too hard to understand.
god dam*o* you are so freaking smart :0
PM Link

VedExcellence wrote

Foxize wrote...

your dads dick

That wasn't the best comeback……
PM Link
Easiest Elo is on EU, then NA and then AU.
Probably because of how big the region's playercount is.
PM Link

DiamondCruster wrote

I'm sorry, but it's verbally comming from a Teen skin and someone who hasn't played 1 ranked match.

You have no say in this.

AU players are extremely skilled, you just need to find them.

Edit:

And then the fact you recently got unbanned - https://www.badlion.net/profile/user/Foxize/punishments

Don't respond ad hominem as staff please – instead of attacking the person, attack the argument
PM Link

HIVLIK wrote

Unshift wrote...

Showers & shits
LOLOLOLOL
PM Link
I don't know why some people still don't know this… More players -> More elo. This means EU is the easiest server to get elo on, then NA and AU is the hardest one without taking anything else into account.
PM Link

Aymbaut wrote

HIVLIK wrote...

*HIVLIK bursts through wall*
"WELL IM GLAD YOU ASKED, ELO INFLATION REFERS TO THEM TERM USED TO DESCRIBE…"

Oh boy that exactly what I thought xd
PM Link

Foxize wrote

Because all AU players suck

Like you're good lmfao
PM Link

DEQDLY wrote

Foxize wrote...

Like you're good lmfao

As I read this, I felt a violent shudder, and my heart burst open, bleeding out a cacophony of orphaned leprechauns singing beautiful symphonies composed by Mozart and Bach, the sweet melodies carrying my deeply offended body towards the sky, and in amongst the clouds appeared a rather plump, cheery chap, with snow-white angel wings he glided gracefully with outstretched arms beside me. Words with the tone as heavenly as could be, he spoke. "My name is Archybot, and with my deepest condolences, you have suffered a terrible misgiving by the ill-spoken words of a horrible and disgusting being, the Badlion Tryhard. So, you are to be admitted through the gates of Badlion heaven.. I'm sorry." As he spoke, the true realisation of what was happening came to me. No… No! My head was screaming, wanting to escape from this wretched prison, and I edged closer and closer, unable to prevent my body from drifting towards these looming, overwhelming gates with the logo of the Badlion server on them..

PM Link

Aymbaut wrote

everyone>au
even au>au
a = au
u = you
a>u
au>aymbaut
a>ustralia
i>s
s>killed
r>egion
d>eal
w>ith
i>t
m>8
git>gud
PM Link

Foxize wrote

As I read this, I felt a violent shudder, and my heart burst open, bleeding out a cacophony of orphaned leprechauns singing beautiful symphonies composed by Mozart and Bach, the sweet melodies carrying my deeply offended body towards the sky, and in amongst the clouds appeared a rather plump, cheery chap, with snow-white angel wings he glided gracefully with outstretched arms beside me. Words with the tone as heavenly as could be, he spoke. "My name is Archybot, and with my deepest condolences, you have suffered a terrible misgiving by the ill-spoken words of a horrible and disgusting being, the Badlion Tryhard. So, you are to be admitted through the gates of Badlion heaven.. I'm sorry." As he spoke, the true realisation of what was happening came to me. No… No! My head was screaming, wanting to escape from this wretched prison, and I edged closer and closer, unable to prevent my body from drifting towards these looming, overwhelming gates with the logo of the Badlion server on them..

Stop it. You're not @Morsinius.
PM Link

rkt wrote

Aymbaut wrote...

a = au
u = you
a>u
au>aymbaut
a>ustralia
i>s
s>killed
r>egion
d>eal
w>ith
i>t
m>8
git>gud
HAHAHAHA
PM Link

Foxize wrote

I turned helplessly to the mullocked ensemble, their lamented polyphony buzzing through my ears with sounds of mullock, helplessness, and claustrum. I let out a whimper as the fate-bolted gate emerged from the cloudwoven ground, sentencing my disenthralled permanence to an area behind closed doors — oh, manumit me!
PM Link

Foxize wrote

DEQDLY wrote...

I didnt read that sorry
PM Link

nookaxe wrote

Foxize wrote...

Stop it. You're not @Morsinius.

Ah, certainly not. Morsinius is more experienced, and even though I understand the thought process, I cannot write such down as well as he. He has a talent for being able to write it down and it sounds good, after a few lines mine gets weary and boring.
I wasn't even aiming to type like him, I sometimes get moments which I just want to do nothing except type anything. It's quite calming just writing what is basically gibberish but to yourself made a sentence in your head. I must note also that Morsinius IS able to write gibberish, my story was meant to be decipherable unlike his in this thread :)
PM Link