Store
Players Online: 33.9k Support Forums Client
Subscribe
Build UHC vs. SG
I have recently started playing SG, and I found myself to be able to climb even higher in it that I am in Build UHC for some reason. Now, Build has the most inflated ELO, yet I still can't get over 1800 elo in it. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
PM Link
They are extremely similar ladders, but they're not exactly the same. Build UHC has much more healing, which means there's much more room for you to make mistakes. You can actually recover from getting lava'd and getting stuck in a block, etc. It's hard, and you'll have to use a lot of healing, but it's possible. However, SG is about getting a good combo or bow lock or FnS (that's another difference; you can only FnS twice while you can lava infinite times in Build if you can pick it up) and then pressuring the enemy. You can't recover from something like that in SG. If you want to get better at Build, you need to be good at playing consistently even when you're under pressure. And since it's so drawn out compared to SG, you'll also need to learn to recover from bad situations.

There's obviously other things involved in Build, but since you're 1800 in SG, you should know how to fight properly. The things I said above are my guess as to why you're so relatively low in Build UHC Elo.
PM Link

Playstyle wrote

They are extremely similar ladders, but they're not exactly the same. Build UHC has much more healing, which means there's much more room for you to make mistakes. You can actually recover from getting lava'd and getting stuck in a block, etc. It's hard, and you'll have to use a lot of healing, but it's possible. However, SG is about getting a good combo or bow lock or FnS (that's another difference; you can only FnS twice while you can lava infinite times in Build if you can pick it up) and then pressuring the enemy. You can't recover from something like that in SG. If you want to get better at Build, you need to be good at playing consistently even when you're under pressure. And since it's so drawn out compared to SG, you'll also need to learn to recover from bad situations.

There's obviously other things involved in Build, but since you're 1800 in SG, you should know how to fight properly. The things I said above are my guess as to why you're so relatively low in Build UHC Elo.
nope lol there's more mistakes to make in build uhc because you can only get hit a certain amount of times before death, in SG if they get a combo then you just rod spam until you're full health lmao
PM Link
snip
PM Link

rkt wrote

Playstyle wrote...

nope lol there's more mistakes to make in build uhc because you can only get hit a certain amount of times before death, in SG if they get a combo then you just rod spam until you're full health lmao
no… just no…there's more mistakes to make but you can recover from them easily because of the longer fights. Fights that are as short as SG, you don't have enough time to trade back those hits and whatnot.
PM Link
its easier for bad people to kill better players in SG because theres less armor and healing
PM Link

Unshift wrote

rkt wrote...

no… just no…there's more mistakes to make but you can recover from them easily because of the longer fights. Fights that are as short as SG, you don't have enough time to trade back those hits and whatnot.
#rod_spam
PM Link
What I meant is that you can make lots of mistakes, but it's possible to recover from those mistakes. And about the rod spamming thing, I honestly deal with that fairly easily by just bowing them into a place where I can corner them. Or I usually FnS before they start rod spamming. Maybe I haven't been facing experienced players?
PM Link
I know a guy with your same problem. He has a healing problem. @*deleted-81096
PM Link
Automatically Deleted
PM Link