Store
Subscribe
Should being genderfluid be a thing?

Unsighted wrote

Erouax wrote...

There isn't a god
There isn't such a thing as being 'Gender fluid'
If someone is born a boy they are a boy for the rest of their life, they can try to make themselves a girl by getting their breasts pumped with silicon and chopping off their manhood but they usually end up a mental and physical mess

im just gonna leave this here (kinda irrelevant but I saw it anyways):

you can argue that there isn't a God, and you're completely free to do so. what confuses me is why atheists don't seem to understand the definition of "faith".

Faith (n.)
(second definition of 7 on dictionary.com)- belief that is not based on proof

I would much rather die a Christian and figure out God doesn't exist than die being nonreligious and discovering He exists.

Just saying.
PM Link
http://wifflegif.com/gifs/195128-spongebob-squarepants-third-wheel-gif
PM Link

Unsighted wrote

Erouax wrote...

There isn't a god
There isn't such a thing as being 'Gender fluid'
If someone is born a boy they are a boy for the rest of their life, they can try to make themselves a girl by getting their breasts pumped with silicon and chopping off their manhood but they usually end up a mental and physical mess

So, how so you know that God doesn't exist?
PM Link

Unshift wrote

All of this mess is the product of mental illnesses.
I don't know why people always shun and scrutinize people who say that, but I think they're all forgetting the definition of "mental illness". It's "any psychiatric disorder that causes untypical behavior." Being transgender/gay/lesbian certainly falls under "untypical behavior," because that's not what normal people do.
Possibly when people these days hear "mental" and "illness" in the same sentence, they perceive "autism," which is not what I'm referring to. I'm talking about why people choose to be gay/lesbian/trans.

LOL "what normal people do" is drastically different between one time and another, and one culture and another. Back in ancient Greece, gay relationships between soldiers were quite common. If I lived in Syria right now and didn't wear a burka, would I have a mental illness because it's not "what normal people do?"

People don't choose to be gay/trans. Some people hate it so much that they kill themselves over it, or suffer a lot because of how others treat them.

Autism isn't even a mental illness, it's a disorder. That's not me trying to be politically correct, it's literally not listed as a mental illness. Things like being bipolar and having depression are mental illnesses. A mental illness is defined as "A condition that affects a person's thinking, feeling or mood." People who have a sexual interest in the same gender or identify more with another gender still think perfectly clearly/normally. It's pretty much just a natural matter of preference.

If you're calling it a mental illness because it interferes with reproduction like that one guy said, so does using birth control and not wanting to be in a relationship. Not wanting do date or have a baby at the time or ever isn't a mental illness.
PM Link

Rocktah wrote

Unsighted wrote...

So, how so you know that God doesn't exist?

It's common sense, imo. I dont bash people for their beliefs, but come on, it goes against the laws of physics for an all powerful being to exist like that.

Then there's the bible and the messed up stuff inside of it. Recently on the forums, there has been a lot of discussion about homosexuality and transgenders. According to this 'God', being gay is something that he condemns. So, if someone is gay, but they believe that God exists and he created the text in the bible, they can't call themselves a Christian? In 2016 we've just got a bunch of idiotic things happening, it's like a year of accepting everything wrong, e.g. a man got himself fucked in the ass by a horse and died from it. If a God was around that man should be rotting in hell right now. He also stated that men should always be put before women. So the sex you are born as determines your authority in life? One more thing on this. Remember how in the bible God says he created all animals as they are? He wasn't able to prove that, but scientists WERE able to prove evolution. So what does the pope do? He literally decides to MAKE UP part of the Christian religion, he claims that evolution is given a helping hand from God when it is proven that evolution occurs naturally over millions of years, there is a natural process.

You need PROOF for something to be acknwoledged, the bible is a text that is two THOUSAND years old. You don't think it would have been altered over that long? We can't even prove who the creator of it was. I used to be a Catholic Christian, but after the age of about 14 I realised that I was spending time praying in church to a figure that most likely does not exist, I didn't feel even a little bit 'holy' in church and nothing was coming from going to pray.
PM Link

FunkyFactions wrote

NaomiBliss wrote...

Jesus christ gender is not a mental thing, it is a physical thing you are born with and you can not change it.
It is for hermaphrodites, which is the example I was using. If you don't know what that means, it's people who are born with both male and female genitals. They could potentially be classified as some sort of third gender *gasp*, but usually the doctors and their parents will wait to see what gender they feel/act more like, and perform the necessary operations to make them physically look like that gender. As someone else mentioned, it's definitely really rare that this happens, but it still goes to show that gender isn't always just about physical features, and that people have a sense of gender outside of what body type they have.
PM Link

Unshift wrote

Cheekyff wrote...

yes, that is weird, again people forgetting the dictionary definitions of words , although i wouldn't recommend going around calling intersex people weird, not going to get you much support
ohh I thought you meant Transgensers not people who were born like that.
PM Link
Oops folks don't get triggered I got confused
PM Link
Straight = Great
Gay = Great
Lesbian = Great
Bi = Great
Trans = Great
Hermaphrodites = Great
Genderfluid = Great

Its 2016 they're not hurting anyone.
PM Link

ritsukame wrote

Straight = Great
Gay = Great
Lesbian = Great
Bi = Great
Trans = Great
Hermaphrodites = Great
Genderfluid = Great

Its 2016 they're not hurting anyone.

Getting sexuality mixed up with gender there. Sexuality I don't care about, its the made up genders. Also when someone is clearly a guy and tells you you offended them because you said "he" or "him" instead of "her" or "they", it brings in confusion and annoyance to a normal person, and they can feel bad for mistakenly offending that person. In that way, I guess it does hurt people because genderfluid people are mainly a bunch of self-centred attention seekers.
Also, no normal person says their sexuality or gender (say gay for example) in such a way "genderfluid" people do, unless they're seeking for attention. Not sure if I'm explaining it clear enough, but yeah.
PM Link

Unsighted wrote

Rocktah wrote...

It's common sense, imo. I dont bash people for their beliefs, but come on, it goes against the laws of physics for an all powerful being to exist like that.

Then there's the bible and the messed up stuff inside of it. Recently on the forums, there has been a lot of discussion about homosexuality and transgenders. According to this 'God', being gay is something that he condemns. So, if someone is gay, but they believe that God exists and he created the text in the bible, they can't call themselves a Christian? In 2016 we've just got a bunch of idiotic things happening, it's like a year of accepting everything wrong, e.g. a man got himself fucked in the ass by a horse and died from it. If a God was around that man should be rotting in hell right now. He also stated that men should always be put before women. So the sex you are born as determines your authority in life? One more thing on this. Remember how in the bible God says he created all animals as they are? He wasn't able to prove that, but scientists WERE able to prove evolution. So what does the pope do? He literally decides to MAKE UP part of the Christian religion, he claims that evolution is given a helping hand from God when it is proven that evolution occurs naturally over millions of years, there is a natural process.

You need PROOF for something to be acknwoledged, the bible is a text that is two THOUSAND years old. You don't think it would have been altered over that long? We can't even prove who the creator of it was. I used to be a Catholic Christian, but after the age of about 14 I realised that I was spending time praying in church to a figure that most likely does not exist, I didn't feel even a little bit 'holy' in church and nothing was coming from going to pray.

You do have a point and im not in a mood to argue so fine.
PM Link

Rocktah wrote

Unsighted wrote...

You do have a point and im not in a mood to argue so fine.

I didn't want to come across as argumentative, i'm sorry if I came across like that I just wanted to share my opinions on why I don't think there's a God
PM Link

chocs wrote

ritsukame wrote...

Getting sexuality mixed up with gender there. Sexuality I don't care about, its the made up genders. Also when someone is clearly a guy and tells you you offended them because you said "he" or "him" instead of "her" or "they", it brings in confusion and annoyance to a normal person, and they can feel bad for mistakenly offending that person. In that way, I guess it does hurt people because genderfluid people are mainly a bunch of self-centred attention seekers.
Also, no normal person says their sexuality or gender (say gay for example) in such a way "genderfluid" people do, unless they're seeking for attention. Not sure if I'm explaining it clear enough, but yeah.

Tbh I just refer to everyone as they/them unless I know what they identify as. Pretty straight forward and painless.
PM Link

chocs wrote

ritsukame wrote...

Similar to my view. There are two defined genders in this world and people should be free to do whatever they wish to their body (physically) so long as they understand that. With that being said, when things start to cross into the realm of genderfluid (Especially when they start calling themselves genders that do not exist), that's when things need to be looked at. It is perfectly fine to be trans, bi, etc etc. It is not normal to start considering yourself as multiple genders.

Erouax wrote

There are 2 sexes and 2 genders (gender = sex), it is technically a mental illness, and like @BuchanonBarnes said it's not the same as autism and such, it's a different type of mental illness - but still is one.

The whole LGBTIAQWEJASKDLAIWHENSMD+21-69 thing is just silly. Being gay is one thing, being lesbian is in fact the same, being bisexual is virtually the same thing, i guess i understand LGB, but then transgender being a part of it? Not very logical. The whole point of the whole "LGB" movement was that they were sexual orientations, transgender doesn't always change your sexuality so why is it a part of this list? All in all, gay is the only word that should be in this (aka it should be G).

Anyways, these things are technically illnesses, and should be treated as such. The west has just become too nice and accepting to people believe all this nonsense (we've become soft).

My school is trying to enforce being 'gender fluid' and removing genders from our school system… Like what?? It's just insane what's happening to the world now.

At this point, there's not much we can do to stop the epidemic except stay level headed and continue to tell yourself the truth, sooner or later the world will realize what is happening and will sort them out.

People like to be specific in order to make sure that they make their point known about a topic (By using LGBT instead of just Gay, they're actually trying to avoid confusion. Sounds weird, I know.) As for transgenders and hermaphrodites, people are allowed to be whatever they want and by no means should they be treated for it if they don't wish such. They aren't causing harm, they're following their desires to a logical level and should be respected as such (With the exception of the Genderfluids that believe in unrealistic genders, THAT is a problem.) Literally all preventing them would do is delay the inevitable, people have tried to discriminate in the past and it's always failed because people realize there's nothing different except one minor thing that doesn't effect how well a person can read or hammer a nail.

Your school trying to be come gender-free is by no means a problem either, kids have way too much focus on who's a male or female nowadays and all it does is get in the way. The more neutral the educational environment is, the easier it'll be to focus on learning. (At first you won't see a difference because kids will still discriminate, but as you've seen with color for example it's gone down considerably since the 1960s.)

PM Link

Unshift wrote

All of this mess is the product of mental illnesses.
I don't know why people always shun and scrutinize people who say that, but I think they're all forgetting the definition of "mental illness". It's "any psychiatric disorder that causes untypical behavior." Being transgender/gay/lesbian certainly falls under "untypical behavior," because that's not what normal people do.
Possibly when people these days hear "mental" and "illness" in the same sentence, they perceive "autism," which is not what I'm referring to. I'm talking about why people choose to be gay/lesbian/trans.

There is a difference between a mental illness and a mental disorder. Autism is not a mental illness.
I think mental illnesses are things with a strong biological basis like schizophrenia that need to be treated (also in some cases of heavy autism), and why criticize people who are happy to be a transgender/holebi and say that they are 'ill'? They don't hurt anyone, let them live and don't try to cure them even if it's untypical behavior
PM Link

Unsighted wrote

Rocktah wrote...

I didn't want to come across as argumentative, i'm sorry if I came across like that I just wanted to share my opinions on why I don't think there's a God

Not to start a fight or anything, but when was evolution proven? The Big Bang Theory hasn't been proven. How does an explosion create something?

Not attempting to start a fight, just asking some questions.
PM Link

Minion_Does_MC wrote

Unsighted wrote...

Not to start a fight or anything, but when was evolution proven? The Big Bang Theory hasn't been proven. How does an explosion create something?

Not attempting to start a fight, just asking some questions.

I don't have any intention of flaming and I know that you don't either dw dude lol

Evolution was proven by Charles Darwin a pretty long time ago, he used fossils and bird beaks as examples of animals changing over time to become more efficient in their environment. We all have very small mutations when we are born on occasions, and if we reproduce with these mutations, they stay around in our offspring. There is a lot of fossil evidence of this too. One example is the Neanderthals that are our ancestors. They had a very small brain, but over time, more and more small natural mutations gave them a larger brain and different body structures to create humans as they are today

PM Link