Badlion Premium - The Best Minecraft PvP Experience!
Last edited on 28 November 2016 - 10:42 AM by DerRevilosVersion en Español | Deutsche Version | Version française | Versione Italiana | | Nederlandse versie
Hey everyone. Today I get to announce about what I believe to be the biggest thing to happen to Badlion and I believe will impact the entire Minecraft community. Our team has been in talks with ESL since last December about the possibility of growing the competitive Minecraft scene into something larger than it currently is. Through many hours of brainstorming and discussions, we have created a future product plan for Badlion that we believe is going to take competitive Minecraft to the next level.
Badlion has always been a community-focused platform with a commitment to providing the best competitive Minecraft experience, even since the early days when the server had a very small population. Archy and myself both come from competitive gaming backgrounds and as Badlion has grown, so have our ambitions for this game and its community. The past few months have been extremely hectic for us from a management and development perspective. We have been working very closely with ESL's office in the US and internationally for the past few months as we originally talked about here: https://www.badlion.net/forum/thread/129479. We have now finalized our combined future roadmap together and are super excited to share that future today with the Minecraft community. Since the start of this initial partnership, our team has been hard at work creating the next level of competitive Minecraft gaming. It is my pleasure to reveal all the hardwork and dedication the Badlion team has been focused on, we are sorry it has felt slow recently but we have been focused on some BIG things.
We have spent the past 8 months planning and building something new for Badlion and Minecraft. So, what is this new Badlion/Minecraft product? For those of you who are not familiar with the company, ESL is the largest independent esports company in the world and hosts massive events like Intel Extreme Masters and ESL One, operates Pro Leagues across some of the biggest titles including Counter-Strike, Halo, and others, and hosts online tournaments across dozens of games a year on ESL Play and using their automated game and recently Xbox and PlayStation integrations. Turtle Entertainment Online is the subsidiary company of ESL that we are working with and operate another product similar to Badlion called ESEA. ESEA is a premium service for Counter Strike: Global Offensive that strives to provide a cheat free environment, premium matchmaking services, as well as competitive leagues for all skill levels in CS:GO. The league is similar to the soccer leagues that exist in the UK with many divisions and teams who participate. We are looking to bring a similar service to Minecraft.
For those of you who are not familiar with who ESL is, I have a short video provided by them to help paint an image of what they do and how they can help Badlion
We will soon be introducing a new product to Badlion called “Badlion Premium,” a subscription service similar to what is offered by ESEA. The details regarding this new subscription service will be released in the coming weeks and months.
Here is an example of some of the features this new premium product will include with more to come:
- A client side anti-cheat which features the best of ESEA and ESL technologies to make Minecraft the most cheat free EVER
- Raising the tick rate on the Minecraft Servers from 20 to 128 to create the smoothest gameplay experience
- 128 tick Minecraft Client (Badlion PvP Client) to couple with the 128 tick MC Servers to ensure rapid responsive gameplay experience as well as new GUI features
- Adding new server locations (up to a dozen upon release) to give players the lowest latency possible with the support of our ESEA family and will continue to roll out new locations throughout 2017
- Badlion PvP Client (a modded version of Minecraft) that improves the performance of the game and fixes competitive bugs and exploits within the game which can be used on any public server
- Badlion PvP Client also contains other performance improving factors that will only work with the new Badlion Premium service
- Game Replays to relive highlights and learn from past games
- New Game modes that will become part of the new competitive system
- PUG Matchmaking (Pick Up Games) where you will be able to solo queue or pair up with a friend (duo queue) into a brand new premium 5v5 matchmaking service
- Access to join a new league where teams will compete for cash prizes each season (planned for 2017)
- Scrim Servers to be able to practice with your competitive team against other teams at anytime of the day
- A Friends System to improve access and interaction with your favorite Badlion community members
- A new Chat system built into the custom Badlion PvP Client and our anti-cheat client to communicate with your friends at any time of the day
- A new store/shopping platform with additional products to enhance your overall Badlion experience.
This is a high level overview of the new features being offered with the "Badlion Premium" service starting in December. We will be launching a closed beta for this service in the upcoming weeks with invites that the community will be able to sign up for. Lastly we will be allowing pre-purchases for this subscription service later in the month or at the beginning of next month as well. More information will come later on these matters. For clarity's sake if in any future posts you see a reference to "Badlion Open," that is the existing platform/setup of Badlion by connecting to any of our DNS entries (na.badlion.net, eu.badlion.net, sa.badlion.net, au.badlion.net). "Badlion Premium" is the product described above. The existing rank structure will be re-organized soon to align better with the new "Badlion Premium" service. More information on this will be shared in a follow up post.
Where to Signup and Learn More?
More information will be available at https://premium.badlion.net as time goes on. You can also sign up for an email list here and a chance to gain beta access.
We at Badlion are super excited for these changes and expect to work with everyone in the community to grow Minecraft competitive community. We would like to also thank all of the community members who have helped us reach this point. Whether you are a staff member, have purchased products on Badlion, or just play on the server, you have all helped us to get to this point. I hope you all continue with us to the next level of Minecraft competitive gaming on Badlion. See you on the Badlion Premium servers.
Last edited on 01 January 2017 - 01:05 PM by Starlights_Exciting news!Everything is about to change for the better!Keep up the hard work, it's all worth it!
Posted on 16 November 2016 - 12:01 PMJust imagine how cringe that will seem when someone will start trashtalking and raging on an ESL match (during livestream indeed) while someone beat him in BuildUHC kit lmao
Posted on 16 November 2016 - 12:02 PMNice! Can't wait for this to happen!
Posted on 16 November 2016 - 12:03 PMI can imagine all the Danteh dick riders screaming and dabbing after he wins a minecraft duel.