Store
JacobArnold's Music Thread
I'll share music that I write/record/perform in this thread for you all to listen to or hate on or touch yourself to or whatever you people do with music nowadays.

First off, here's a recording of me playing David Maslanka's "Variations on Lost Love" for 4-mallet marimba. It's quite long (14 minutes) but well worth a serious listen to. The whole piece is quite a journey to play and listen to. I'd recommend having some good speakers, because marimba recordings tend to sound really bad through phone speakers and stuff like that. https://soundcloud.com/jacob-aaaaa/variations-on-lost-love-david-maslanka-performed-by-jacob-arnold

Next up, a recording of me playing Pius Cheung's "Nian 2" for multi-percussion. It's also fairly long, but it's loud and fast, and played on a huge number of different things. In this piece I play 4 gongs, a bass drum, a kick drum, 2 bongos, 2 toms, a china cymbal, and a splash cymbal. https://soundcloud.com/jacob-aaaaa/nian-2-pius-cheung-performed-by-jacob-arnold

I'll post more stuff later once it's uploaded. I don't really expect many people to bother listening to this stuff but I thought I'd put it on here just in case some of you Badlino players were interested.

@labmity
@asianapple
@MeMyselfAndCube
@Morsinius
@Mr_Bloxley
you are all required to listen :o)))
PM Link
I've heard some of this from your Social Media, really good stuff, Jacob! :)
PM Link
These sound really cool. Great job man
PM Link
Automatically Deleted
PM Link
do i have to????
PM Link
The second song made me fall out of my chair thanks
PM Link
Automatically Deleted
PM Link
@Archybot
@MasterGberry
Y'all should give this stuff a listen to.
PM Link
I play marimba during symphonic band but tenors during marching. Do you do band of any sort or any drum corps?
PM Link
Automatically Deleted
PM Link

Zaptelus wrote

JacobArnold wrote...

um lol
Jacob is friends with them. Not like they're gonna get mad over getting tagged in this
PM Link
Automatically Deleted
PM Link
Good shit man. Glad to see you are still around :)
PM Link
I'll have to give it a listen, not right now though, in class
PM Link
Automatically Deleted
PM Link
i listened to this a few days ago rad stuff dude keep it up i love the marimba piece especially
PM Link