Store
JacobArnold 4-year AMA
I've been here since this server started, and apparently Badlion is 4 years old now, so I guess I've been here for over 4 years now. I also haven't done an AMA in a good minute, so shoot me some questions.

Some info about me: I got into Badlion because I was friends with Archy from playing on the Shotbow HCF server with him in his faction called Badlion. I didn't play on the early teams, but later on I was also a part of the Badlion OCN team, and was leader for a while (maybe still am? I don't even know if OCN exists anymore to be honest). Shortly after this server was made for us to practice on, I became staff, and served in various staff positions for around 3 years until I resigned from all of them last year due to having no time to play any more. I have sadly lost touch with this community recently, but I'm gonna try to start finding time to play again, so for all you new people who don't know me, hopefully I'll see you on the server soon!
PM Link
What was your highest position you achieved as staff?

Who was your favorite staff member?

Who is your favorite staff member?

Favorite color?
PM Link

Silverdonuts wrote

What was your highest position you achieved as staff?

Who was your favorite staff member?

Who is your favorite staff member?

Favorite color?

1. I was admin for a few minutes once lol, and was /OPed (back when that was a thing) for around half a year. The highest "official" position I guess was either Factions Admin, which doesn't exist anymore, or when I was the only Tournament Advisor and was in charge of running tournaments. In total I've been: Moderator (when there was one server), Kit PvP Mod (was never kit trial mod though, I became staff on kit before trials were a thing), Factions Moderator, Factions Chat Mod, Factions Admin, Tournament Advisor, Tournament Helper, UHC Trial, UHC Host, and maybe some other ones I forgot.

2. Asianapple, Archy, and gberry

3. Mr_Bloxley, Archy, and gberry

4. Tough question, probably Purple? Could be red though, or maybe blue or green…. hmm….
PM Link
Last question : Have you ever thought about applying for staff again, granted your schoolwork slows down?
PM Link

Silverdonuts wrote

Last question : Have you ever thought about applying for staff again, granted your schoolwork slows down?

Yes! Once I know I'll have enough time to actively contribute to the server, I will most definetely be re-joining the staff team!
PM Link
Teach me how to play chess? I don't wanna get destroyed again ;-;
Whats your opinion on Badlion Premium and trying to get Minecraft into an esport?
PM Link

Panda_Chips wrote

Teach me how to play chess? I don't wanna get destroyed again ;-;
Whats your opinion on Badlion Premium and trying to get Minecraft into an esport?

1. Sure! Just hit me up sometime when I'm on teamspeak and I'll give ya some tips!

2. I think it's the right idea for sure. Not sure if it'll all work out at first, but after some tweaking and time for it to spread, I think it will take off!
PM Link
Do you like chinese food?
If so, what is your favorite thing to order?
Also opinion
PM Link
If you can change anything here what would you change?
Opinion :')
Congratulations on 4 years! :c
PM Link
pizza or pasta
fav tv show
opinion
PM Link
For what staff position would you apply for/which one do you like the most as of now?
What is your main concern about Badlion Premium and do you see any change in the community since you retired?
PM Link

UVpickles wrote

Do you like chinese food?
If so, what is your favorite thing to order?
Also opinion

Yup! Any kind of lo mein.
Opinion: I don't know ya too well but all of my interactions with you so far have been pleasant!
PM Link

Steally wrote

If you can change anything here what would you change?
Opinion :')
Congratulations on 4 years! :c

Oooh definetely have an answer ready for that. Back a long time ago the staff "team" was actually a team. We communicated well, worked together, got along, and were friends. We chatted in teamspeak, we helped each other enforce rules, and we knew each other fairly well. I can't speak for how it is now, but as of when I quit staff, no one co-operated well, everyone only spoke in their little private teamspeak channel cliques, and there wasn't much friendship spread throughout the staff. That's hardly a "team", IMO. If I could change anything, I'd encourage more interaction between staff members, have team building events, and other things of that nature. I'd like to make the staff a group of friends again like it used to be. I feel like it would not only make being a staff member more enjoyable, but it would also increase the effectiveness of the staff team.

Opinion: I don't know you too well, so I don't feel right forming an opinion based on nothing. Hopefully I can get to know you better now that I'm going to start playing again!
PM Link

Saimo wrote

pizza or pasta
fav tv show
opinion

1. pizza
2. trailer park boys!

opinion: you've always been friendly when I've talked to you, but I don't know you too well.
PM Link

Starlights_ wrote

For what staff position would you apply for/which one do you like the most as of now?
What is your main concern about Badlion Premium and do you see any change in the community since you retired?

1. Either tournament advisor or community manager. I feel like I could add the most to the team in those 2 positions.

2. Badlion premium concern: it becomes elitist and normal non premium members of the community start to be looked down on by competitive premium users. This is a game some play solely for fun after all, and if a rude elitist premium clique arises, that would really harm other peoples' interests in possibly getting premium.

Community change: this is saddening to me honestly, but the community has spread way too thin. Everyone belongs to small groups of a few friends that don't interact with others, people keep to themselves more, and chat is sometimes nearly unusable because of "TYPE ABC123 TO DUEL ME BUILD UHC ONLY EMERALD RANK OR ABOVE" spam. There really isn't much of a "community" left, tbh. I'd love for that to change though. Forum activity by more people, normal talking in the in game chat, and more people using the provided teamspeak server and discord would really help.
PM Link
bump. ask me some more stuff.
PM Link
What do you think it is about this server that keeps old players coming back, and on the contrary, what keeps them away?
PM Link
what would u do if you were in charge of the server?
PM Link
Coca-Cola or Pepsi?
PM Link

cringiecake wrote

What do you think it is about this server that keeps old players coming back, and on the contrary, what keeps them away?

The memories, the work they previously put it, and the people. I'm trying to come back because I feel attached to the server. I've put countless hours into helping make the server what it is, and don't want to just leave forever. I also want to keep in touch with old friends. I assume those are similar to the reasons that other old players come back.
What keeps us away a lot of the times is lack of free time (a lot of us OG players are in college now and don't have too much time to play), and the fact that the community/staff team is so disconnected compared to how it used to be.
PM Link