Store
What do you guys want to do with your lives?
Not to be forgotten with time.
PM Link

Ryano_ wrote

Metarus wrote...

For real dont let your parents do that
It's a joke from the stereotype. They don't actually want me to become a doctor.
PM Link

Bobbles wrote

Not to be forgotten with time.

Wouldn't you rather be forgotten than be remembered as an asshole?
PM Link

Ryano_ wrote

Bobbles wrote...

Wouldn't you rather be forgotten than ve remembered as an asshole?
You make a good point.
PM Link

Conorz wrote

Ideal: Try and become a sports teacher.

Realistic: I'm just finishing off my last few months at school. Then just going into work as whatever for a while, and around September this year, I'm planning on applying for the British Navy (submarine Weapons engineer). And after a good number of years I'm just wanting to settle down as a Police Officer.

Hope you like living in a hot metal can submerged for months on end with no sunlight and sharing beds with people with only 2-3 hours sleep at a time before swapping out with someone else.

And I'd like to become an Army Officer, preferably YORKS or RE or any regiment in the Household Division.
PM Link
I plan to invest my time in computer science/engineering, and then move into management as quickly as possible at some company.

Traveling, talking, and telling people what to do really appeals to me, so as of now running my own scrum team of engineers or computer scientists is a really appealing career trajectory for me.

Later on I would really love to do some research though, especially in the neuroscience or aeronautical science field. The way humans perceive and process the five senses, and how our brain manages to actually convert the signals has always been of some interest to me.

or maybe ill just be a pro gamer

Good luck with your college years @labmity !!!
Always cheering for you
PM Link

asianapple wrote

I plan to invest my time in computer science/engineering, and then move into management as quickly as possible at some company.

Traveling, talking, and telling people what to do really appeals to me, so as of now running my own scrum team of engineers or computer scientists is a really appealing career trajectory for me.

Later on I would really love to do some research though, especially in the neuroscience or aeronautical science field. The way humans perceive and process the five senses, and how our brain manages to actually convert the signals has always been of some interest to me.

or maybe ill just be a pro gamer

Good luck with your college years @labmity !!!
Always cheering for you

You can always duo league with me you know >.>
PM Link
Three possibilities for me (In order top-down of most to least reasonable)

1. Get an IT job and work close to home. Rather straightforward, I go into Programming/Computer Science with a minor in something like Writing/History and find my place in the business world. If I really worked hard too I could probably get a job at a gaming company (Riot Games, Valve) and enjoy it quite a bit more. This would be rather boring though.

2. Get a writing/IT job, move to Japan/South Korea and make a life there. This the option I currently enjoy the most, I've been getting into creative writing recently (been trying fanficton) and I'd love to go to Japan and write manga, though with the demand in the market I would probably start off with a few fictional book series. Language shouldn't be a problem, I intend to start learning Japanese in May (or sooner) once Duolingo puts their version of it into Beta and I can learn it in college as well. Call me a weeb, but this does seem like a really nice life if I can pull it off.

3. Pro gaming career in League. Currently Plat 2 (Plat 1 last season) and intending to get at least Diamond 3 if not higher this season. I love League, I've been playing it since the end of Season 4 and I think I have what it takes to climb and at least set up a nice streaming career if anything. It'd be incredibly hard to pull off especially if I try to do Option #2 alongside it (So learning Writing/Japanese + Part time job + League as my day) but hey, if I enjoy the game I wanna enjoy it for as long as I can and maybe make some money.

In all likelyhood I'll probably do Option #2 with a bit of exploration into Option #3 over the next two years. That doesn't mean I'm leaving Badlion though, I intend to serve out my duration as a CM for as long as possible. Even if things take a turn for the worse I have a job to do and I won't stop until it's fulfilled. Or Morsinius finds and kills me in my sleep. Whichever comes first!
PM Link

cringiecake wrote

Conorz wrote...

Hope you like living in a hot metal can submerged for months on end with no sunlight and sharing beds with people with only 2-3 hours sleep at a time before swapping out with someone else.

And I'd like to become an Army Officer, preferably YORKS or RE or any regiment in the Household Division.

I mean I've this planned for years now, And also had some training at a naval base. So I'm very aware of what I'm getting into.
PM Link

Utsuho wrote

Three possibilities for me (In order top-down of most to least reasonable)

1. Get an IT job and work close to home. Rather straightforward, I go into Programming/Computer Science with a minor in something like Writing/History and find my place in the business world. If I really worked hard too I could probably get a job at a gaming company (Riot Games, Valve) and enjoy it quite a bit more. This would be rather boring though.

2. Get a writing/IT job, move to Japan/South Korea and make a life there. This the option I currently enjoy the most, I've been getting into creative writing recently (been trying fanficton) and I'd love to go to Japan and write manga, though with the demand in the market I would probably start off with a few fictional book series. Language shouldn't be a problem, I intend to start learning Japanese in May (or sooner) once Duolingo puts their version of it into Beta and I can learn it in college as well. Call me a weeb, but this does seem like a really nice life if I can pull it off.

3. Pro gaming career in League. Currently Plat 2 (Plat 1 last season) and intending to get at least Diamond 3 if not higher this season. I love League, I've been playing it since the end of Season 4 and I think I have what it takes to climb and at least set up a nice streaming career if anything. It'd be incredibly hard to pull off especially if I try to do Option #2 alongside it (So learning Writing/Japanese + Part time job + League as my day) but hey, if I enjoy the game I wanna enjoy it for as long as I can and maybe make some money.

In all likelyhood I'll probably do Option #2 with a bit of exploration into Option #3 over the next two years. That doesn't mean I'm leaving Badlion though, I intend to serve out my duration as a CM for as long as possible. Even if things take a turn for the worse I have a job to do and I won't stop until it's fulfilled. Or Morsinius finds and kills me in my sleep. Whichever comes first!
I wish my life was as planned out as yours, seems like you have a nice future aheah of you and I wish you the best of luck!
PM Link

Conorz wrote

cringiecake wrote...

I mean I've this planned for years now, And also had some training at a naval base. So I'm very aware of what I'm getting into.

It was just a bit of bants, i fucking love our Senior Service.
PM Link

cringiecake wrote

Conorz wrote...

It was just a bit of bants, i fucking love our Senior Service.
#

xd
PM Link
Ideal: Leave France when I'll be 18 to go to Canada and study there

Realistic: Leave France when I'll be 18 to go to an English speaking country and study there
PM Link
Ideal: Become a mental psychologist.

Realistic: Teen psychologist.
PM Link

Panda_Chips wrote

MaccaTacca wrote...

Holy shit Macca lives

you say that like its a good thing :)
PM Link