Store
My opinion on Badlion
Hello,

Now that I've actually resigned/been fired, I'd like to give my opinion on the current state of Badlion. As it stands now, they have two "dedicated" developers. Both are very talented, however lack the time and/or motivation to do anything to help Badlion progress. Its more of an "if it ain't broke don't fix it" sort of situation. Now, we all know Kohi and Badlion have been in a battle for quite some time (population wise, the owners are friends). The difference between the two servers is that Kohi takes the initiative to come out with new features as they are though of or requested, rather than a very simple thing taking weeks or even months to be added (despite it taking an hour or two to make). Because of that, Kohi has been growing into a much larger server than Badlion.

Next up: Gamemodes. The Badlion devs have poured tons of time into new gamemodes that, unfortunately don't get played much if at all. My personal opinion on the reasoning for why is because they make the gamemodes based off of how they want to play them, not how the community wants to play them. If they had listened to what the community wanted for factions the first time around it could be very popular right now; however, they didn't. And the factions server is in its current state.

Now for the staff. I personally have a LOT of experience with the staff team. I would consider the way the admins run it as very open. Not saying this is good or bad, as it really depends on the individual mod. The only thing I do have to say is that one specific admin (in my opinion) doesn't do very much at all. I've been told he does a lot behind the scenes, but I still find it very difficult to believe, especially considering he doesn't sign onto the server he is supposed head of much, if at all. Not saying names (although there are 5 options, not too difficult to figure out), but that is just my opinion.

To current mods/trial mods. If you are 16 or under, and looking to become an admin, don't bother. They are very biased when it comes to age, regardless of whether or not you are more adequate for the spot than an older moderator.

That is all I have to say.

Thanks @MasterGberry and @Archybot for letting me be a part of your server for so long, but it is our time to part.

Bye.
PM Link

_iFalcon_ wrote

Hello,

Now that I've actually resigned/been fired, I'd like to give my opinion on the current state of Badlion. As it stands now, they have two "dedicated" developers. Both are very talented, however lack the time and/or motivation to do anything to help Badlion progress. Its more of an "if it ain't broke don't fix it" sort of situation. Now, we all know Kohi and Badlion have been in a battle for quite some time (population wise, the owners are friends). The difference between the two servers is that Kohi takes the initiative to come out with new features as they are though of or requested, rather than a very simple thing taking weeks or even months to be added (despite it taking an hour or two to make). Because of that, Kohi has been growing into a much larger server than Badlion.

Next up: Gamemodes. The Badlion devs have poured tons of time into new gamemodes that, unfortunately don't get played much if at all. My personal opinion on the reasoning for why is because they make the gamemodes based off of how they want to play them, not how the community wants to play them. If they had listened to what the community wanted for factions the first time around it could be very popular right now; however, they didn't. And the factions server is in its current state.

Now for the staff. I personally have a LOT of experience with the staff team. I would consider the way the admins run it as very open. Not saying this is good or bad, as it really depends on the individual mod. The only thing I do have to say is that one specific admin (in my opinion) doesn't do very much at all. I've been told he does a lot behind the scenes, but I still find it very difficult to believe, especially considering he doesn't sign onto the server he is supposed head of much, if at all. Not saying names (although there are 5 options, not too difficult to figure out), but that is just my opinion.

To current mods/trial mods. If you are 16 or under, and looking to become an admin, don't bother. They are very biased when it comes to age, regardless of whether or not you are more adequate for the spot than an older moderator.

Thanks @MasterGberry and @Archybot for letting me be a part of your server for so long, but it is our time to part.

Bye.

I agree with most of this but a few things I disagree with. Regardless I wish you well in the future _iFalcon_. You have been a very dedicated member to our staff team over the years and I hope you find everything you want in life :)

-Adam
PM Link
You're a good mod. o/ Falcon
PM Link

_iFalcon_ wrote

Hello,

Bye.

First off, I would like to say you are a really cool guy and I am going to miss you on the Staff team, you and Nick have been here a long time.

Second, I would like to add with your points I agree with.

1. I do agree with Badlion should not have poured time into those gamemodes. The gamemode "Warfare" was worked on very hardly for a long time, and they did an amazing job, but yet no one asked for something like Warfare, so it never got played. If they were to have put the amount of time they poured in to Warfare into the Pot server, that coding would have been to much better use.

2. I don't know much about your Staff point to really make an opinion on it, but I do agree the admin you are talking about is rarely on, but he might actually do work, but I never see him in TeamSpeak or anything.

3. Badlion used to be the main server for Potion PvPers to play on about a year from now, I remember it, if you weren't playing your factions server (mainly HCF) then you were on Badlion to practice, Badlion was the main and dominant kit server. But that all changed, once Kohi went on the rise late last summer. What happened was people began playing Kohi factions over HCF, and then they of course played the kit server on Kohi since it is on the same network. Kohi came out with Practice 2.0, which offered the same features as Badlion, and a bit more. Kohi Devs were adding features like crazy, adding everything the players wanted within a short time span, as falcon said. Soon enough, players were playing on Kohi's 16tps piece of trash 2.0 practice server, just because it was on the same network as the factions server and offered a few more small features than Badlion. The best way to describe Kohi Practice 2.0 is a laggier shittier version of Badlion with a few more "bells and whistles" and on the same network as Kohi Factions.

My point above shows why I really want Badlion to make a HCFactions server, because players will flock to the Badlion HCF server if it is better than Kohi's, and then they will switch to Badlion practice, since it will be on the same network as their main server. In addition to that, if Badlion focused on adding the little features that many pot players have asked for, Badlion practice would be a lot more popular than it is now with pot players, since now it is turning from a pot server to more of a OCN/UHC style practice server.

For those of you that are OCN, UHC or Archon type players, the 3rd and 4th point won't really apply to you.

@MasterGberry @_iFalcon_

Sry for rant love you all <3
PM Link
I've had my share of differences with you Falcon, but I can't say that they were all bad.
We've had plenty of great experiences. I know it sounds lame now, but we dominated the 2v2 ladders when we played COUNTLESS hours. (Or, I believe we did)
We tackled Moderator detective cases together. We often have different opinions on a case, and it often erupted into an argument between us.
When I was a trial, I could always go to you for help and know I was receiving accurate help, and not being messed with like I was with ______.
Although the verdict was he wasn't hacking, me and you worked on the U_Fall case, too.
Can't forget out first Bloodbowl
You sir, have class. You're one classy bird.
It was nice knowing you. Good luck with your life in the sky.

P.S
Avoid no fly zones.
PM Link
It's really sad to see so many great staff members leave so quickly. I never knew these mods but could tell they where great people. Thank you for the great work you put into badlion.

But in my opinion Badlion Pot PvP 3.0 will bring some great attention and some more player base overall.
I'm so excited for Badlion Pot PvP 3.0! But back to falcon, whatever you decide to do with your life make it great.

-Camdog
PM Link
Sad to see you go :(
PM Link

_iFalcon_ wrote

Hello,

Bye.

If I could write a paragraph like nick to you I would as-well Falcon but the paragraph I wrote to nick goes to you to. I love you falcon<3 (homo btw)
Cya m8 :'<
PM Link
Goodbye, Shrek. (https://www.badlion.net/forum/thread/146) Thank you for being the first staff member to become my friend on this server, before even viprite. I remember when you came on my server and complimented me on it. You, too, are a great person. <3
PM Link
Goodbye, Falcon. You were a great Sr. Mod and a good guy to be around. :(
PM Link
I'm sad to see you go. The few times I talked to you were actually a lot of fun. Good luck in life, falcon.
PM Link
Bye buddy, hop in teamspeak to talk to me sometimes or I'll cry.
PM Link
Holy fuck, you and viprite - The feels…
PM Link
Oh god, where to start, I remember when you weren't even a mod.
Yeah, I cba to finish this.
Good night sweet prince. Good luck with future endeavors.
PM Link