Server IP:
Store
Players Online 1260 Help Vote Forums Streams Client
Hiring Part/Full Time Plugin Developers
We have another slot or two available on the Badlion team at the moment. We would prefer a full time applicants that will help us with some plugin level work going forward. We also are highly looking for someone that feels comfortable/creative enough to create new cosmetics for Badlion going forward. You can read more information below. We might also accept part time people in place for full time if they are qualified enough. So apply either way.

This time around we are requesting that applicants be at least 18 years old (sorry young folk).

Job Description

The developer will be responsible for working on game modes and other features found in game on the Badlion servers. The work can very from creating new games on Badlion, creating cosmetic features for Badlion, creating new integrations of systems such as ban management, chat, permissions, or other internals, and more. Someone who is flexible and can complete any task will succeed in this position. The applicant must be flexible as well, as they will most likely not be working on one system the entire time during their career at Badlion and will work on a bunch of projects.

(Full Time Position Only): This is a full time position (with benefits if located in the United States) with a yearly salary. This means that the employee is required to work 40 hours a week at minimum. There is no overtime pay. The applicant does not need to be located within the United States to apply for the position, but to take advantage of the benefits the employee will need to be located in the United States. The pay will be determined based on the applicant's qualifications, how much knowledge they have in the specific realms we care about, and how much time they can commit (once again this is a full time position).

(Part Time Position Only): You need to be able to work a minimum of 20 hours a week. If you can't do this minimum then don't even apply for the position. No benefits for part time contractors are included.

Qualifications

Applicants when applying for this position should have the following qualifications as a minimum:

* 1+ Years of Java development (1.5-2 years preferred)
* 1+ Years of Bukkit/Spigot plugin Development (1.5-2 years preferred)
* 6+ Months of SQL experience
* Knowledge of Git
* 18 Years or Older

The following qualifications are an added bonus and will raise the chances of succeeding in the position:

* Cosmetics Design/Implementation Knowledge (Pets/Particles/Armor Stands/etc)
* Any NMS knowledge
* Python 2.7 Knowledge
* Knowledge of Maven
* Knowledge of DynamoDB
* Knowledge of Redis
* Knowledge of UNIX/Linux
* Knowledge of HTTP
* Knowledge of building multi-threaded systems
* Knowledge of building API systems
* Knowledge of RPC protocols like gRPC or Thrift
* Being a team member
* Good communication skills
* Ready to get the job done no matter how hard or long it takes.
* A passion for Minecraft and to make the best competitive PvP Server ever.

How to submit application

To submit your application please send all of the above information along with any resume or cv that you have to adam [at] badlion [dot] net with the email topic being "Full Time Plugin Developer Application" or "Part Time Plugin Developer Application". If you apply as a part time plugin developer please state how many hours you can work a week (minimum 20 or don't even bother applying). Feel free to send me an email if you need further clarification on some part of this application as well.

Good luck to any and all applicants. If you know someone who you think would be interested in the job please send them this thread.
Link PM
Good luck to anyone who applies
Link PM
Good luck to applicants!
Link PM
20 hours per week is a lot if you're a high school student (not that I have the experience/skill anyway but I might in a year)
Link PM
Good luck applicants!
Link PM
Good luck to all!
Link PM

Unwise wrote

20 hours per week is a lot if you're a high school student (not that I have the experience/skill anyway but I might in a year)

Most high school students are < 18 y/o.
Link PM
Good Luck, applicants!
Link PM
:o
Link PM
gl i guess
Link PM
Working for Badlion sounds like a cool thing to do.
Link PM
Good luck all!
Link PM

EhhThing wrote

Unwise wrote...

Most high school students are < 18 y/o.

If you're 18+ and still in high school there is a 99.9% chance you cant code anyway ahhaa.
Link PM

Unwise wrote

20 hours a week for a high school student is nothing lol. I did 30-35 hour weeks when I was in high school.
Link PM
Good luck to everyone! :D

Unwise wrote

They seem a lot of hours, but I think that if you know how to organise homework, hobbies, etc. you will be able to find at least 3 hours per day.
Link PM

MasterGberry wrote

Unwise wrote...

20 hours a week for a high school student is nothing lol. I did 30-35 hour weeks when I was in high school.

I mean, 20 hours is 2 hours every weekday and 5 every weekend. Considering I get home from 6 - 6:30 every night and try to go to bed from 10-12, that's pretty sizable.
Link PM
Sign me up, hoss.
Link PM

Pikaoku wrote

Sign me up, hoss.

Come back z.z
Link PM
its so hard to apply all of the Qualifications.
Link PM
@MasterGberry I would reccoment GregZ_ (he was a developer for Verenity and is amazing) as much as you hated Verenity (I think) he is really good.
Link PM