Store
Players Online: 35.6k Support Forums Client
Subscribe
Ginie's 5v5 Tournaments Thread - Info/Hall of Fame
Upcoming Event: Number 2 (Flag it)

Date: July 8th Saturday - 12PM EST
Team Size: 5 players on the field and 2 sub.
Gamemode: CTF, Maps: Outpost, Vallecy and Impact
Bracket: 16 Teams will be accepted (Might make it 32 teams if a lot of teams apply).

How Teams will be selected: Teams that played the last unofficial event will have a higher seed.

Signs up here: https://www.badlion.net/forum/thread/175976

Info: We will pick 3 maps out of the current 5. If you have any preference, please let me know below!

First round will be bo1, then we will have a bo3 for the rest of the tournament.

My goal: Allow teams to compete more frequently against other top teams and show that they are the best. Have teams be more active in the community and practice to be the best. We will have CTW/CTF/Skywars/Arena kits, ect in the future.

Hall of Fame:

Tourney 1 (CTW 5v5 GD5)
Challonge: http://badlion.challonge.com/Ginie5v5_1

1st: Pureblocks
2nd: Street Sharks
3rd: Ominous Pink

Tourney 2 (CTF 5v5 Flag it!)
Challonge: http://challonge.com/aay062d2

1st: Pureblocks
2nd: Froggy Dabbers
3rd: Branca
PM Link
Only gd5?
PM Link

zic_e wrote

Only gd5?

Yeah for the first one. Since GD5 seems to be the best map atm for 5v5. Unless most ppl want another map, Im willing to change it.
PM Link
Gl! Really appreciate you for doing this and hopefully this becomes more of a common thing and more players within the community will join.
PM Link
I feel that bastion would be better than gd5
PM Link

1nLoc wrote

I feel that bastion would be better than gd5

Possible. Will confirm the map tomorow. Since theres barely any 5v5 maps, using 1 map might be the better approach since it will be possible to have multiple CTW tourneys in the future without it being repetitive.
PM Link
hype btw
PM Link
Hype, nice that teams have another tournament and that CTW wont just burn out after last week's tournament

How often are you thinking about hosting these tournaments?

Is there a chance that future tournaments will be different gamemodes such as CTF?
PM Link
Is it possible to move to a Saturday?
PM Link
Move to a saturday??? Do bastion aswell.

Those tourneys should be hosted like once every two/three weeks or so to keep the game alive
PM Link
xd
PM Link
I would love this, although I am not a big fan of the map. Consider making a vote for people in the tournament? I would like to see a map such as Bastion. Anyway thanks for keeping the CTW Community alive with these tournaments, hope to see future events such as this one.
PM Link
Thanks for doing this
PM Link
But i look at the sign up sheet and my team has 34 members in it. And it says 5 players and 1 sub doesn't make sense on the sign ups.
PM Link
Where's le DTC?!?!?

Seriously though, I'm glad you're going to be doing these tournaments. It'll definitely keep the OCN community alive.
PM Link
I think Bastion is probably the best map.
PM Link
Keep GD5
PM Link
yeah keep gd5
PM Link
what do u think will be the next tournament that you'll be hosting? and what are your opinions on CTF @ginie1
PM Link
Whats this
PM Link