Server IP:
PREMIUM
Archer 2v2 - July 15th - Review
Congratulations to AdamChen and samthecat43 of Team PureBow for taking home first place in today's 2v2 archer tournament!

Input:

Today's archer tournament kicked off our summer tournament season! I hope all who participated had as much fun as I did. It's been a while (almost 3 years!) since we've had an archer tournament, and it was an exciting one.

The tournament for the most part ran smoothly. The whole thing ran about two and half hours, which was even quicker than expected. Most issues were handled quickly and the event as a whole was a success. I'd like to give a huge thanks to our tournament staff for dedicating their time to help run tournaments for the community, these events couldn't happen without them.

There were a few issues, some preventable and some not. The no-shows in the first couple of rounds are always a concern as good attendance is crucial to hosting good tournaments. As always, we will continue to discuss how to reduce this issue. The crash that happens when players play 2v2 in 1.8 was a problem, however it was handled quite well - all users got a 5 minute grace period mid tournament to switch versions. Our developers are looking into this. There was also the unfortunate matchmaking bug where you were required to wait 15 minutes to join a new match. We ended up using alt accounts to work around this, but it is a known issue that the developers will be looking into further. As Archy mentioned in his post-tournament stream today, Badlion plans on appointing a team of developers who will be assigned to "Quality of Life" fixes on the server, like the matchmaking bug. The finals situation was unfortunate, but not something we could have prevented. Despite the tournament running fast, Team FrootLoops had to leave during the finals. While this was an unfortunate situation, we handled it the fairest way that we could by treating it as a forfeit and giving PureBow the win.

Without further ado, here is the full list of top 8 finishers and their respective prizes.

Prizes:

[PureBow - 1st - Archer Tag & Badlion Premium]
samthecat43
AdamChen

[FrootLoops - 2nd - Archer Tag & Badlion Premium]
iMJR
ripspky

[Overrated - 3rd - Archer Tag & Badlion Premium]
lozowojo
Ripenpaix

[Old Men - 4th - Badlion Premium]
dragonpasa
Ny_

[Mafia - Top 8 - Badlion Premium]
Kqliber
BasketballMVP123

[PitchoutPlayers - Top 8 - Badlion Premium]
ImGoku_
El3ctrOz

[Pureblow - Top 8 - Badlion Premium]
Mattato
SinnesWolf

[TalkShow HD 1080p - Top 8 - Badlion Premium]
Aimbotte
KANACHU

The above teams will receive their prizes soon.
You can find the full results here: http://badlion.challonge.com/Archer_2v2_150717

We hope to see you all again at the $1000 5v5 Arena tournament on July 29th. Keep in mind that this tourney will require the Badlion Client!
Link PM
1st* haha samthecat

could I have the premium rank I won given to Wenaa? I have the retired rank so I have no need for it. Thanks!
Link PM
was a ton of fun! gg to all
Link PM
It was fun to play ! gg
Link PM
Interesting result and it certainly demonstrates that two lower rated players with good teamwork can beat teams in which both players are on the leaderboards.
Link PM
Grats to all winners and people who participated!
Link PM
"Interesting result and it certainly demonstrates that two lower rated players with good teamwork can beat teams in which both players are on the leaderboards."
It also shows that having every single tournament on NA is fair
Link PM
Congrats AdamChen and Sam!
Link PM

Guep wrote

"Interesting result and it certainly demonstrates that two lower rated players with good teamwork can beat teams in which both players are on the leaderboards."

pretty true
Link PM
Gg :)
Link PM

Msging wrote

Interesting result and it certainly demonstrates that two lower rated players with good teamwork can beat teams in which both players are on the leaderboards.

na lol
Link PM
It went very well for the most part and I'm glad to have participated! I am excited for the arena tournament coming up.
Link PM

Guep wrote

Not going to argue against that as it's very good point. S15 will bring more tournaments which a larger majority will hopefully be hosted on EU
Link PM

Msging wrote

Sam was probably one of the best Archer plays in the early seasons, he's not a low rated player
Link PM

Msging wrote

not like any of the leaderboards players played tho ;)
Link PM

xSah wrote

Msging wrote...

not like any of the leaderboards players played tho ;)

Lozo and Anthony played :P
Link PM

Msging wrote

xSah wrote...

Lozo and Anthony played :P

yeah they have like 200 ms tho so its unfair
Link PM

xSah wrote

Msging wrote...

yeah they have like 200 ms tho so its unfair

I like grinding for 10000 hours to get on leaderboards v:
Link PM

Ponca wrote

xSah wrote...

I like grinding for 10000 hours to get on leaderboards v:

the problem isn't getting leaderboards its just that players that normally would have lost to leaderboards players.
Link PM

xSah wrote

Ponca wrote...

the problem isn't getting leaderboards its just that players that normally would have lost to leaderboards players.

IMO getting on the leaderboards doesnt always mean you have a lot of skill
Link PM