Store
Players Online: 34.7k Support Forums Client
Subscribe
Major Issues That Need to be Fixed
1. Ability to TP into ranked matches with gear from other kits https://gyazo.com/e0a03f616cc8bb7a5b6078f60059a833 (I won't tell how this happened so people don't abuse it for rn, if a staff wants to know DM me)

2. Any decent archer player has the ability to stand in the back of maps and just dodge making them unhittable (I was able to do this for 12 minutes straight without getting hit once.) I know you might say this might only benefit a very tiny portion of players, it's really not true. I can guarantee anyone who got past emerald 1 which is like 100 people are able to do this. Not even mentioning the amount of good players who didn't try last season. A fix to this would be either making the maps much smaller or use the legacy archer kit instead for s15.

3. This won't happen probably but I'll put it in here anyway. I don't understand why the max elo that you can gain is 13 from beating someone 200+ points higher then you. This makes grinding incredibly boring as fighting 1400's as a 1700 for 4 points isn't great at all. I don't see why there was a change away from gaining 31 points for a win like this, maybe it has to do with the rank system so correct me if I'm wrong.

4. The fair matchmaking doesn't work a lot of the time. I am consistently having to wait 3-5 mins and then still queuing a 1400-1500 when im 1700+ in build which doesn't make sense as people have told me they were in queue.

Beside this great job so far. Mods if you could direct this to the right people that would be helpful. Also anyone correct me if I'm wrong and add any bugs you might have encountered.
PM Link
I'm not sure if this problem is going to continue when season 15 releases, but I find it too easy to farm elo. I'm 1580 and I don't think I deserve to be here as I get dropped by anyone over 1500. I think that you gain too much for killing people lower than you, and lose too much from losing to people higher than you.
PM Link

Creqth wrote

I'm not sure if this problem is going to continue when season 15 releases, but I find it too easy to farm elo. I'm 1580 and I don't think I deserve to be here as I get dropped by anyone over 1500. I think that you gain too much for killing people lower than you, and lose too much from losing to people higher than you.

I don't agree. Maybe this is at 1400-1600 but from 1700+ it's such a boring and tedious grind even when your winning matches consistently +3's and 4's from 1400's is just not fun. Now that I am thinking about it though it will probably fix in the real release as people's Elo will obviously be much higher. I still don't understand why we can't go back to the +31 and -31 system thoufj
PM Link

xSah wrote

1. Ability to TP into ranked matches with gear from other kits https://gyazo.com/e0a03f616cc8bb7a5b6078f60059a833 (I won't tell how this happened so people don't abuse it for rn, if a staff wants to know DM me)

2. Any decent archer player has the ability to stand in the back of maps and just dodge making them unhittable (I was able to do this for 12 minutes straight without getting hit once.) I know you might say this might only benefit a very tiny portion of players, it's really not true. I can guarantee anyone who got past emerald 1 which is like 100 people are able to do this. Not even mentioning the amount of good players who didn't try last season. A fix to this would be either making the maps much smaller or use the legacy archer kit instead for s15.

3. This won't happen probably but I'll put it in here anyway. I don't understand why the max elo that you can gain is 13 from beating someone 200+ points higher then you. This makes grinding incredibly boring as fighting 1400's as a 1700 for 4 points isn't great at all. I don't see why there was a change away from gaining 31 points for a win like this, maybe it has to do with the rank system so correct me if I'm wrong.

4. The fair matchmaking doesn't work a lot of the time. I am consistently having to wait 3-5 mins and then still queuing a 1400-1500 when im 1700+ in build which doesn't make sense as people have told me they were in queue.

Beside this great job so far. Mods if you could direct this to the right people that would be helpful. Also anyone correct me if I'm wrong and add any bugs you might have encountered.

I'm pretty sure the reasoing why you can only gain 13 elo from someone is because they changed the way elo losing and gaining works for season 15. They made it harder to gain elo, but at the same time harded to lose elo, Instead of having the range 1-32: Gaining one elo to lose 32, they changed it so you can gain 4 elo and lose 13 : )
PM Link

Zaquez wrote

xSah wrote...

I'm pretty sure the reasoing why you can only gain 13 elo from someone is because they changed the way elo losing and gaining works for season 15. They made it harder to gain elo, but at the same time harded to lose elo, Instead of having the range 1-32: Gaining one elo to lose 32, they changed it so you can gain 4 elo and lose 13 : )

they could make so you gain 8 elo and lose 26
it's literally the same but it would feel more motivating
PM Link
Bump
PM Link

Creqth wrote

Idk what you are talking about I'm 1700 and fighting someone like a 1500 gives me like 6 elo. Most of the time I get queued with like 1200-1500's. So I get even less. If anything we don't get enough elo. I still enjoy this elo system more than the old one. I think sacrificing getting more elo when you win for losing less elo when you lose is worth it. So when you lose it doesn't matter as much and you won't get as mad, and the less mad you get the more enjoyable it is.
PM Link

BeFour6 wrote

Creqth wrote...

Idk what you are talking about I'm 1700 and fighting someone like a 1500 gives me like 6 elo. Most of the time I get queued with like 1200-1500's. So I get even less. If anything we don't get enough elo. I still enjoy this elo system more than the old one. I think sacrificing getting more elo when you win for losing less elo when you lose is worth it. So when you lose it doesn't matter as much and you won't get as mad, and the less mad you get the more enjoyable it is.

+1 but I disagree with the when you lose it doesn't matter. That's the whole point, when you lose there has to be a downside not just losing 10 fucking points that you can grind back from beating silvers. This system benefits the people who play the most rather then the people who are the best.
PM Link

xSah wrote

BeFour6 wrote...

+1 but I disagree with the when you lose it doesn't matter. That's the whole point, when you lose there has to be a downside not just losing 10 fucking points that you can grind back from beating silvers. This system benefits the people who play the most rather then the people who are the best.

I understand what you mean, but I think the old system is more competitive but not as fun. Like I remember everyone hating getting drained a crap ton of elo. Youtuber's complaining about getting sniped by other good players but using low elo accounts. For example danteh when he did his drain series, So the old systems makes people more mad which in return makes the system less enjoyable overall. So from a purely competitive stand point the old system is better, but as someone who is competitive but also wants to have a very enjoyable experience at the same time (me), or as someone who plays more casually and for fun the current system is better.
PM Link

BeFour6 wrote

xSah wrote...

I understand what you mean, but I think the old system is more competitive but not as fun. Like I remember everyone hating getting drained a crap ton of elo. Youtuber's complaining about getting sniped by other good players but using low elo accounts. For example danteh when he did his drain series, So the old systems makes people more mad which in return makes the system less enjoyable overall. So from a purely competitive stand point the old system is better, but as someone who is competitive but also wants to have a very enjoyable experience at the same time (me), or as someone who plays more casually and for fun the current system is better.

Idk for me something competitive is fun I hate when people get points by just playing more then others.
PM Link

xSah wrote

BeFour6 wrote...

Idk for me something competitive is fun I hate when people get points by just playing more then others.

The other system is also based a lot on how much you play too. It's like this for everything. It's a common concept. The more you play the more elo you will gain if you are good and lose if you are bad. It's like this for the old elo system too, but neither elo systems are based entirely on how much you play, you can't just be bad or even average but play a lot and get top 10 on anything. Also it's early beta meaning not everyone is playing as much or playing at all, so it's much easier to get high elo and not lose. When the real season come's out and everyone is sweating, there will be much more losses. I'm sure there will be tons of example's where people have played a crap ton more matches than the top players but have way less elo.

Edit- I found a good example. Oldtylarzz has played 232 matches in ranked build uhc. I have played 62, we are both 1701 elo. Playing more matches most of the time does not make you have higher elo unless you are good, in which case you deserve higher elo. So it all works out.
PM Link

BeFour6 wrote

xSah wrote...

The other system is also based a lot on how much you play too. It's like this for everything. It's a common concept. The more you play the more elo you will gain if you are good and lose if you are bad. It's like this for the old elo system too, but neither elo systems are based entirely on how much you play, you can't just be bad or even average but play a lot and get top 10 on anything. Also it's early beta meaning not everyone is playing as much or playing at all, so it's much easier to get high elo and not lose. When the real season come's out and everyone is sweating, there will be much more losses. I'm sure there will be tons of example's where people have played a crap ton more matches than the top players but have way less elo.

Edit- I found a good example. Oldtylarzz has played 232 matches in ranked build uhc. I have played 62, we are both 1701 elo. Playing more matches most of the time does not make you have higher elo unless you are good, in which case you deserve higher elo. So it all works out.

that's not what I'm saying, good people obviously still can get high elo but it also benefits the players who don't deserve it and get such high elo. They are able to just grind 1400's and when they do lose BARELY lose anything they just have to play even more to make up for it. The other system however destroys these people from grinding late at night to get high points as a -31 will completely set them back.
PM Link

xSah wrote

BeFour6 wrote...

that's not what I'm saying, good people obviously still can get high elo but it also benefits the players who don't deserve it and get such high elo. They are able to just grind 1400's and when they do lose BARELY lose anything they just have to play even more to make up for it. The other system however destroys these people from grinding late at night to get high points as a -31 will completely set them back.

This is true, but again the old system is more competitive but it sacrifices fun. I think most people would agree on that I know I certainly do. I just don't see how you can pick competitiveness over fun. There is no denying that the -31 system caused much more anger. Also remember being scared to queue cause you might get drained a bunch of elo. With this system that is no longer a problem.
PM Link

BeFour6 wrote

xSah wrote...

This is true, but again the old system is more competitive but it sacrifices fun. I think most people would agree on that I know I certainly do. I just don't see how you can pick competitiveness over fun. There is no denying that the -31 system caused much more anger. Also remember being scared to queue cause you might get drained a bunch of elo. With this system that is no longer a problem.

idk for me that is the fun maybe its different for other people but this is just boring without something very competitive.
PM Link

xSah wrote

BeFour6 wrote...

idk for me that is the fun maybe its different for other people but this is just boring without something very competitive.

I guess we just have completely different preferences when it comes to elo systems. :P
PM Link
Join the que then view one of the kits hold onto the item and boom
PM Link

Zaquez wrote

xSah wrote...

no 31 used to be the highest amount elo you could gain/lose now the highest you can gain/lose is 16
PM Link