Store
Subscribe
The flaws with voting for KB
There are a few flaws with how KB is being decided this season.

1. One match on each kit is too little to provide sufficient experience to vote

How you feel about KB is obviously determined by both you and your opponent. The different kits feel completely different depending on if you're facing someone with low ping or someone that has high ping, so if, for example, I queued into the same Argentinian player two or three times, I would have quite a skewed perception of what the KB is actually like because I would have mostly experienced it against a laggy player.

Pretty simple solution, I think it should make players play each test kit three to five times before allowing them to vote.

2. Implicit bias for Badlion's old KB will split votes

Simply because the pool of players testing are all badlion players, there will be many players who cast their vote to whatever they've gotten used to playing Badlion in past seasons because it seems the most normal to them. Badlion KB in the past hasn't been very good, I think that's almost a unanimous opinion, so removing that option from voting if it is there would be a good idea, or at least making it clear (which I write more about below) what is what would be nice too.

3. What's the ranked beta KB values?

I'm sure not telling us KB values (whether #6 is old arena KB, for example) is intentional so you can release a chart telling us no one knows what the best KB is and the community is 50/50 split between #6 and #8 kits, but it would be nice to know what knockback value the ranked ladders have right now so we can use it for reference when voting.

td;lr

More required matches before voting

Badlion players will be biased towards old Badlion kb even though it's not actually good

I forgot something maybe I'll edit this later
PM Link

Momlas wrote

1. One match on each kit is too little to provide sufficient experience to vote

Totally agree with you, I'm having a hard time figuring out the KB as I'm from Oceania and the servers aren't up for testing but the KB is very different depending on who I am fighting.

Momlas wrote

2. Implicit bias for Badlion's old KB will split votes
Simply because the pool of players testing are all badlion players…

I was under the impression that the KB was being voted on, mainly due to the potion community. The general consensus after Badlion "merged" with Kohi was that the KB sucked, it turned out that it was the same KB, just the servers were so laggy it felt like shit, and because both anti-skid and staff were removed at the same time, prac2.0 was 90% cheaters. Now they are trying to do this vote in an attempt to crawl back into favour of the old Kohi players by actually listening to them. They have no fixed the KB issues, and I think they will end up adding the Kohi KB to potion regardless of the vote, as the statistics may not show from the vote, but they did show from the player count back in 2015.

Momlas wrote

3. What's the ranked beta KB values?

The ranked KB is not any of the voteable KB values. It's the broken prac2.0 KB from the Kohi merge where Badlion thinks they can handle it but actually can't. Its just what happens when you have KB getting dropped due to dropped ticks.
PM Link
+1
PM Link
+1
PM Link