Store Up to 20% Off!
Players Online: 46.6k Support Forums Client
Subscribe
The new "Archer."
Hey,

After speaking to a few top archer players I decided to make this thread. I'm going to get it out straight away, the new archer is horrible. Fighting a decent player takes far too long and the even if you both try push short range it's 90% luck due to the new damage system.

In my opinion this video demonstrates how a perfect archer fight should go. I cut it down a bit

Suggestion

So I'm not going to say the S14 archer was perfect because it wasn't but I feel like it only needs a few small tweaks. I suggest keeping it the same feel as S14 with the same speed and maps however take away punch and reduce the pearls to only 1 per fight. This would limit sweating short range however with the one pearl you can finish off a fight when you get them low after fighting long range.

I'd appreciate feedback as to what you think?

PM Link
+1
PM Link
+1
PM Link
+1
PM Link
+1
PM Link

Everyone wrote

+1
PM Link
With no punch + speed it is easier to get in short range than even UHC
PM Link

Radioactivebeans wrote

With no punch + speed it is easier to get in short range than even UHC

There is no punch 2 but speed 1. With the S14 maps pushing short range will make you so vunerable
PM Link

Msging wrote

Radioactivebeans wrote...

There is no punch 2 but speed 1. With the S14 maps pushing short range will make you so vunerable

Punch 1? If not with speed you can easily run and get closer you can knock people away with punch
PM Link

Radioactivebeans wrote

Msging wrote...

Punch 1? If not with speed you can easily run and get closer you can knock people away with punch

That's not a bad idea and then make it so you lose .5 if you try and bow boost. Good thinking
PM Link
The new Archer is perfect, I don't want to be rude at all Msging but you're the last person that has the right to complain about the Archer kit, because literally all you did was bow boost in S14. You can easily avoid short range by going to the end of the map and if that's still not far enough for you, you're simply not good. I CAN have 15 minute fights in each of the 3 maps and I'm not the best dodger, but if I don't want the match to last forever I can fix it by going closer to the ravine thingy.
The current Archer is exactly how "Archer" should be, long range, dodging based. If that's too boring for anyone you still have UHC which is a quicker version of archer. The random damage thingy is quite stupid but that can easily be fixed.
PM Link
PM Link

Kikzo wrote

The new Archer is perfect, I don't want to be rude at all Msging but you're the last person that has the right to complain about the Archer kit, because literally all you did was bow boost in S14. You can easily avoid short range by going to the end of the map and if that's still not far enough for you, you're simply not good. I CAN have 15 minute fights in each of the 3 maps and I'm not the best dodger, but if I don't want the match to last forever I can fix it by going closer to the ravine thingy.
The current Archer is exactly how "Archer" should be, long range, dodging based. If that's too boring for anyone you still have UHC which is a quicker version of archer. The random damage thingy is quite stupid but that can easily be fixed.

That's fine but I got to diamond 5/4 long ranging getting it out there. Anyway the point is it will get extremely boring and nobody will play it. I'm trying to create a way for it to be long range but making it so people can close out a fight. The archer is extremely repetitive and not fun to play. It is meant to be a long range kit I completely agree but having to play a 20 minute match to gain 5 ELO isn't at all how it should be imo. It's extremely hard to force even mid range on the new maps and there's basically only 1 map you can do that on.
PM Link

KingBooger wrote

What Kikzo did was perfect, please elaborate instead of putting a useless number
PM Link

Msging wrote

Kikzo wrote...

That's fine but I got to diamond 5/4 long ranging getting it out there. Anyway the point is it will get extremely boring and nobody will play it. I'm trying to create a way for it to be long range but making it so people can close out a fight. The archer is extremely repetitive and not fun to play. It is meant to be a long range kit I completely agree but having to play a 20 minute match to gain 5 ELO isn't at all how it should be imo. It's extremely hard to force even mid range on the new maps and there's basically only 1 map you can do that on.

Yeah didn't wanna be rude I know you're really good at long range as well and I think I told you before :p I find these "long fights" fun, because it's different, but I don't even see a huge difference between S14 and S15 Archer IN TERMS OF MATCH LENGTH, you just have less potential to die because you were unlucky
PM Link
s14 archer was perfect

I was only emerald v so I'm not exactly the best guy to say this but imo s14 archer was perfect, only problem was punch I guess, I liked punch but some people didn't, but imo punch is important so archer isn't he same as uhc
PM Link
It's definitely not 90% luck. It takes 4 hits at least 90% of the time. I think I've seen only 5 times or so where it took 3 hits, and about the same for 5 hits.

Fighting good players does not take too long. I haven't had any matches take 15 minutes. The longest was 12 minutes, only because Legendcaleb wasn't even shooting, just stalling.
PM Link

Kikzo wrote

Msging wrote...

Yeah didn't wanna be rude I know you're really good at long range as well and I think I told you before :p I find these "long fights" fun, because it's different, but I don't even see a huge difference between S14 and S15 Archer IN TERMS OF MATCH LENGTH, you just have less potential to die because you were unlucky

I feel the opposite, I feel like because of the new damage system there is much more room for players who aren't as good to beat you, especially if you try force short range
PM Link

Jamison5 wrote

It's definitely not 90% luck. It takes 4 hits at least 90% of the time. I think I've seen only 5 times or so where it took 3 hits, and about the same for 5 hits.

Fighting good players does not take too long. I haven't had any matches take 15 minutes. The longest was 12 minutes, only because Legendcaleb wasn't even shooting, just stalling.

Okay that's helpful but there's no comparison between S14 and S15 so which one do you prefer?
PM Link

Msging wrote

KingBooger wrote...

What Kikzo did was perfect, please elaborate instead of putting a useless number

i can do whatever the fuck i want

i havent played a game of ranked archer since s11 so no fucks given
PM Link