Store
A Message to the AU Community
If you’re not from the AU community (AU, NZ, AS) please do not comment on this thread, there are others places throughout the forums you can leave your opinions/feedback.

Hey everyone,

For those that don’t know me, I’m Deshi and I’ve been in the AU Badlion community since day 1 and the UHC community for even longer. Recently myself ScrubV2 and YummiBoi have become your community managers.

I’ve always had a direct connection with a lot of people in this community and therefore know a lot about what the players like/don’t like and how a lot of the player base on AU feels we don’t get enough devotion from the Badlion team. So, I’m hoping to change this opinion around and allow you all a platform to give your opinion and more importantly, for it to be heard. As a community manager I will be gathering your feedback and sorting then sending it directly to Archy. So please take this thread seriously and give your genuine opinion on the the AU community and what could be improved (but please stay non-toxic).

So, in saying this, please leave your feedback on what you want to be improved on AU Badlion down below. Any thoughts, opinions or feedback regarding AU is welcome here but as I said earlier please don’t comment if your aren’t in the AU community.

If you have any other questions or want to contact me directly about an idea feel free to message me on the forums or in the game.

Deshi, ScrubV2 & YummiBoi.
PM Link
Oh how I wish I could make the following words into the real story, you have no idea how happy that'd make me:

You CANNOT be worse than Rwxr.

Have faith, AU. You have someone with a brain and common sense this time around.

(To any old CMs who know what I'm referring to, please pardon my immaturity with what I say next - I TOLD YOU SO.)
PM Link

Utsuho wrote

Oh how I wish I could make the following words into the real story, you have no idea how happy that'd make me:

You CANNOT be worse than Rwxr.

Have faith, AU. You have someone with a brain and common sense this time around.

(To any old CMs who know what I'm referring to, please pardon my immaturity with what I say next - I TOLD YOU SO.)

Damn utsuho going in
PM Link
An opinion I have is the priorities of regions of the owners of BL. I feel whenever there is an issue with NA or EU it is fixed almost instantly (which is understandable since those regions have thousands or players). But if there is an AU issue, it takes hours, days, weeks to fix (Not being rude or anything), for example S14 issues, on au you would always get stuck in spectator mode or takes ages for you to join the game after you have been queued and selected against an opponent, I went on NA to test this and I played almost 200 games and I never had the issue, where on AU I felt it was very frequent. Another example (which has been recently fixed <3) is UHC 6.0 games on AU, for about 2 weeks every 6.0 would either, not start up, crash, or just lag massively, and from what I've heard from others, this issue has happened very rarely on NA and EU whereas AU was a 1/5 chance of a 6.0 game actually starting. I feel if these problems get fixed, the AU community will greatly rise in numbers.

This post was not meant to be of any hate or disrespect to Badlion, Badlion is my favourite server and I wouldn't criticise it at all, just constructive feedback.

Regards your boy
PM Link
Automatically Deleted
PM Link

Zaptelus wrote

I used to live close to Australia. Does that count?

If you have an opinion about improvements we can make to AU from your experience in the community, then sure!
PM Link
Fix 6.0 and even 5.0. 5.0 games are still crashing and 6.0 is barely able to be hosted.
PM Link
make 6.0 work and AU will be happy
PM Link
The reason why AU games don't fill isn't because it's 5.0 It's because most games are claimed late. When a host claims a game 15 mins before they turn off white list very few players will actually know about the game but if a host claimed the game like 2 hours before white list goes off the fill gets almost doubled.
PM Link

StevenBac wrote

The reason why AU games don't fill isn't because it's 5.0 It's because most games are claimed late. When a host claims a game 15 mins before they turn off white list very few players will actually know about the game but if a host claimed the game like 2 hours before white list goes off the fill gets almost doubled.

As hosts, we try and claim games as early as possible! Unfortunately it is sometimes hard to know in advance if we will be free when the games happen, this is why late claims are so common. In UHC 6.0 Games now also auto alert, this should let online players know about games they may not have known about, this isn't a complete fix to this issue but should increase fills.
PM Link
Though it's not a serious issue, the chat on au is at least half a second delayed which I personally find a little annoying. Would be great if this was fixed.
PM Link
I mean, apart from the complete competitive neglect? The turnout for an unofficial 2v2 BTL event on AU was exactly the same as EU, and that's minus the community from PvPCove and the SG community which lingers in the shadows. Of course AU is the smallest community but it's by far one of the most competitive. S15's already done a start to revitalise the community which actively plays on Badlion, but a $ tournament would be the real kickstarter.

ITT: stop focusing on bugs, stop focusing on hosts not being able to host. None of that matters, the UHC community is still there and it isn't going to grow just by more activity from hosts. Badlion bringing in a tournament with actual prizes will, in my opinion, unite the community that's so divided. If it doesn't succeed? Well, Badlion tries and knows not to touch AU for a while until their roadmap of competitive MC has proceeded further. And besides, surely it can't be as much of a failure as 1v1 Legaue. If it does succeed? Congratulations! You've tripled, if not quadrupled your player count on AU. It's possible, prime AU MCSG had on average a larger playercount than Arena. The player count is most definitely there, people just don't care about Badlion because they don't have a reason too. Give them that reason.
PM Link

Twisz wrote

I mean, apart from the complete competitive neglect? The turnout for an unofficial 2v2 BTL event on AU was exactly the same as EU, and that's minus the community from PvPCove and the SG community which lingers in the shadows. Of course AU is the smallest community but it's by far one of the most competitive. S15's already done a start to revitalise the community which actively plays on Badlion, but a $ tournament would be the real kickstarter.

ITT: stop focusing on bugs, stop focusing on hosts not being able to host. None of that matters, the UHC community is still there and it isn't going to grow just by more activity from hosts. Badlion bringing in a tournament with actual prizes will, in my opinion, unite the community that's so divided. If it doesn't succeed? Well, Badlion tries and knows not to touch AU for a while until their roadmap of competitive MC has proceeded further. And besides, surely it can't be as much of a failure as 1v1 Legaue. If it does succeed? Congratulations! You've tripled, if not quadrupled your player count on AU. It's possible, prime AU MCSG had on average a larger playercount than Arena. The player count is most definitely there, people just don't care about Badlion because they don't have a reason too. Give them that reason.

best au has spoken
PM Link

Ryankoo1 wrote

Twisz wrote...

best au has spoken

I wouldn't even be 'best au' if my ideas were put into practice. If successfully bringing players to Badlion due to introducing a competitive environment actually occurred, I have no doubt there would be a lot of players who would be top tier global.
PM Link