Policy changes for staff, special ranks, and more
Posted on 28 October 2017 - 11:47 AM
Hello players! This thread is announcing changes to several policies on Badlion. We are loosening some requirements, changing some, adding back in an old requirement from that was taken away with the kohi merge, briefly announcing a new feature coming in the future, and some changes to our current policies. We are also going to be announcing some new projects for special ranks and updating their permissions with new stuff.
Updates to staff applications requirements
We are changing the ban requirement for staff applications. It used to be 3 months from expired normal cheating ban and 6 months since the cheating ban was issued, and 6 months expired from IP ban before you could be considered. It is now just 3 months of being totally unbanned from the network instead. We will see how this works out as we have to deny several good reformed candidates due to old IP bans. This policy change is immediate, so reapply if you believe this was the reason you were denied recently.
New staff rank
We will soon be adding GCheat moderators which is an NDA'd level rank which requires senior or higher to apply. It will basically be able to see most GCheat logs, be able to handle all GCheat bans/appeals. They will also be able to handle current admin-only level issues with bans, IP ban reports and appeals, and geolation requests. More news on this soon.
Updates to special rank requirements and rules
There are some changes to what is required to apply for a special rank now. We felt that some of the ranks were a bit too hard to get or maybe that the requirements didn't really make sense to keep a healthy Badlion friendly channel. The requirements that have changed are underlined.
Youtube rank now requires the following:
- 3k subscribers
- 3 videos on Badlion within the past 3 months
- At least 300 views per Badlion video
Twitch rank now requires the following:
- 3k followers
- 50 people on average watching you on Badlion
Famous rank now requires the following:
- 15k subscribers on YT or 15k followers on twitch
- 3 videos on Badlion within the past 3 months for YT famous ranks
- 150 people on average watching you on Badlion for twitch famous ranks
Famous+ rank now requires the following:
- 75k subscribers on YT or 50k followers on twitch
- 1 video within the last 30 days for YT famous rank
- 500 people on average watching you on Badlion for twitch famous ranks
- You can now apply for special ranks after 1 month of being unbanned from a hacking offense (previous rule was 6 months from ban date and 3 months since unban). Non-hacking offenses can apply immediately after their ban expires.
We believe these changes will help new youtubers to Badlion be able to apply faster for videos, as the old restriction was higher videos in longer time, and we have now reduced it to less videos in less time. These changes also help twitch streamers as the overall viewer count has reduced for Minecraft twitch streamers since the last time we adjusted these values. Please note that botted followers/subscribers will be cause for denial if we don't think you have legit counts for the requirements after removing botted users.
These changes to the requirements are immediate. These will not be enforced retroactively as if you met the previous requirements, you most likely meet the new ones as most of them were reduced or adjusted on the same scale.
Changes to Special Rank Rules
No special ranks will be allowed to be held by content creators who are directly associated with a competing server or service. Examples of being directly associated is ranks such as partner, owner, advertiser (paid or unpaid), etc. Ranks similar to our special ranks do not count as being directly associated (for example, a YT rank on hypixel or mineplex). Competing servers are defined by the following rules:
- Has 150 or more player hosted UHCs (reddit /r/ultrahardcore servers are exempt)
- Has a Arena/Practice server
- Has competitive PvP based minigames (such as ranked/stat focused vanilla-like gamemodes - SG, meetup, ocn, etc)
- Partners/develops a competing custom minecraft client
- Promotes or endorses cheating, including the development of cheats aimed towards Badlion or it's community, including other servers (this will also get you banned if you are doing said things on BL)
- Note that all BAC partnered servers are exempt from this
This rule used exist as a spoken rule before Kohi merged into Badlion, and we are bringing it back due to several instances in this year. The reason for special ranks is mutual growth of our server and the content creator. We also support free-flow of players from server to server as this is actual competition. We do not support sniping of content creators with the intention of stealing our player base (example: during the existence of the Badlion Partner program all of our partners were already heavy Badlion players before the partnership - we did not go recruiting content creators from other servers). This is not actual competition, and is both harmful to content creators and the community. Most other servers have rules like this unspoken, but due to our wish to return to transparency we will be publicly publishing it.
These rule changes go into effect on November 1st at 00:00 UTC (midnight UTC). This will be also executed retroactively, which means all current content creators with ranks will be evaluated. Please note that if a content creator who has had a special rank chooses to support a competing server, you may be subject to a wait period after your support ends for said competing server to re-receive a special rank, ranging from instant to an indefinite wait period depending on the factors involved. Please also note that if a content creator is consistent with their attempts to target Badlion players with the intention of pulling them away from our community you might be subject to permanent removal from our services.
Additions and Changes to Perks of Special Ranks
We are changing the perks given to special ranks to be more streamlined, and will also be announcing some new perks now.
- All plus permissions
- All plus permissions
- All Lion+ permissions
- All Lion+ permissions
- All Lion+ addons (200 player UHCs, 7 days a week, etc)
- Disguise feature
- Players will be able to click your rank and be sent to your youtube/twitch pages.
- Access for videos and streams related to Badlion to be put on and advertised on our future stream/youtube section of the website.
- Access to free monthly lootboxes/cases when the new cosmetic system is done, which we encourage you to open on stream.
- Access to request ranks/other store items to giveaway on your stream/video directly from Archybot (higher ranks can request more or more frequently).
- Access to priority support from admins and our discord help channels.
New Stream and Youtube Video Pages for Content Creators
Currently in work there is a whole section of the website being created to be dedicated to streams and videos recorded on Badlion. It will have a full listing of all active Badlion streams and will also have approved videos that contain all Badlion footage. The current stream page will also receive a much needed upgrade, and tools in game will be added to advertise these videos and streams for the player base which enjoys watching them. Our website has over 6 million views a month and 500,000 unique players access our servers a month, so this is great advertisement for content creators who wish to grow when it is complete. There is no ETA on this feature but it is currently being worked on.
New Restrictions on Lion+ Stream/YT Feature
The perk "Show up on our streaming page with your livestream" that Lion+'s have is not valid for those who fall under the previously mentioned "direct association with a competing server" and said players will not show up on the stream page or the upcoming youtube pages regardless of rank. This will be noted on the store page in a footnote soon.
Overall, we think these changes will greatly help the community grow. Feel free to ask questions and we will try to address any concerns you have either in private or on forums. We will also be launching a new gamemode on Tuesday night with updates to several of our minigames at the same time, and we hope to see you there.
Posted on 28 October 2017 - 01:13 PMSounds amazing, can't wait! Really, really good work!