Store
Subscribe
About time I wrote this.
E: I made this thread at like 11pm CST, disregard a lot of the "dead gamemode" stuff.

So for those wondering, I'm BlueJewell, but I've undergone a lot of changes in the past year. This includes an IGN change, a skin change [though in a bit I'll be reverting back to the solid blue color some of you may have seen] and a change of thought about Badlion and how it's going. Funny to think that this particular account got forum banned last season. Fishy's not coming back, but in his honor I'm going to write an "essay" about where I think Badlion has gone in the past year.

First off - Badlion Premium & BLC. I commend you on those. Premium, to say the least, doesn't have as many players as we all had hoped, but the client was an instant hit for me. Too bad there's a fatal error [on my PC at least] telling me there's a BAC update and I need to restart my computer for it, to which I then restart my computer but it's back there again. And again. And again. This error has pushed me away from Badlion, seeing as neither of my computers [at my mom's or my dad's houses] can run 1.7 Forge without it feeling like I'm playing on 30 fps. At my mom's house, that's the case. At my dad's house, I don't know what's up, but it feels like I'm running 30 when it displays 272. Also, when I made a bug report thread [on the BlueJewell account], the dev asked for logs and I told him I got error 413 [post is too long] when I tried to post them. Never even got a response on that one. But TLDR - BLC is great, the bugs and updates need some tweaking.

Arena PvP - I've faded away from the Arena scene, simply because I think it just sucks. There. I gave it to you straight. I do not have a good experience on the Arena servers. There's something about the PvP that makes me despise it - I can't rise out of the 1500s. And I think that it's something we can't control. In the past year, there has been a large influx of Spanish-speaking players, as delineated by simply going onto Badlion, or even this subforum, and seeing posts made by people with names like "Sergio_GamerARG". Hop on NA Arena right now and I guarantee you the first thing you see that isn't a toxic message [and who knows, maybe it WILL be in a toxic message] will be something in Spanish. See, I wouldn't mind the Spanish community, but when more than ninety percent of your playercount speaks a language different from the one you use on your forums, server, and discord [which I've been banned from since October 2016 and never heard back from an admin about my unban], it can get annoying. Not to mention they normally have extremely high ping. When I say this, I mean like 200+ ping. I'll normally put sa.badlion.net in chat, but sometimes I'm met with the response that they get 300ms on SA, in which case you really shouldn't even be playing competitive Minecraft. Plus, I don't really mind the Mexican community - those I hardly mind since their ping isn't too horrendous [unless they live by like Belize or something]. Today in Meetup I fought a guy who lagged around so badly he ghosted in the air for seconds at a time - I'm getting off topic. Let me get back to Arena. Anyway, when fighting laggers, you cannot, and I mean cannot, get a combo on them because their knockback is so delayed. You've gotta be some kinda wizard to calculate their knockback and make them take knockback the way you would. Not to mention, they get what feels like normal hits on you, making it very unfair, and you lose ELO very, very quickly. The reason why so many people say season 12 was the best season is because in season 12 we had knockback that the community generally liked, we had players who took normal amounts of knockback, and we had a system that we're used to seeing. The Season 13/14 MMR divided this up, and seeing as this influx of Spanish players took place over the last year they've only really been exposed to MMR - meaning we don't know if that 1500 would be a god and deserves 1900 or if it's just some new player who quite literally bounced around a bit and won like six matches off of it and really only deserves about 1200.

Minigames - I feel like UHC Meetup and SG [kind of] carry this category to my favorite spot on Badlion. UHC Meetup is genuinely enjoyable, and I like playing it. Creates some good practice for actual UHCs. SG is cool too, I suppose. But let's do a quick head count and see which other minigames I haven't mentioned yet:
UHC Run
UHC SG
Cubecore
Free-for-all
Domination
Capture the Flag
Capture the Wool
Mini UHC was memorable enough for me to put it here even though it died a long time ago

UHC Run has been pronounced dead
UHC SG is on its deathbed
Cubecore isn't necessarily dead, but it's got eighteen people on right now and it's 10:42 CST as I write this, that ain't good :parking:ro
FFA, again, not really dead but the gamemode pretty much preserves it till there are like two people online
Domination is new enough to not be dead yet
Capture the Flag has been diagnosed with dead
Capture the Wool has stage 4 cancer and has days to live
Mini UHC is six feet under and ain't no gettin that :parking:oi to come back
UHC Meetup [normal version] is dead at this hour - sucks because it's such a great gamemode

What I'm trying to say here is that there are a lot of gamemodes that are in their dying stages. I myself have not touched half of those minigames, and if we're talking about in the past six months I have literally touched UHCSG once to test it out with a friend and I died to some guy with a sharp 4 and half diamond. Instead of just pulling a Mineplex and adding new games, look to your community and see what the vast majority think is wrong with the games you already have, and fix those issues. BLC's cool too, as aforementioned, but don't put all your power towards that. As for the games I named above, just try to direct more attention to those, because right now I think UHC meetup is just fine, it just needs more advertisement and players.

Let's also not forget the rulebreakers in these games, specifically UHC Meetup. I've played Mini games and gotten a 2-team, and thanks to No-Clean I've been able to take out more than a few of those. I have a friend who has killed many of these teams, and in our team discord he will post an image of him obby-trapping people or killing teamers with the caption "JAJAJAJAJJA v[number]". Right now he's on v19, and he's posted so many of them since November 27th [day he started posting these] that our team has decided that after Destroy Dick December is over we're gonna do what we call "Jajaja January", where whenever the guy posts a picture of him obby-trapping someone or killing a team in solo Meetup with the jajaja caption we've gotta go and bust one. Needless to say, I'm not prepared.

To finish this up since I don't really feel motivated to continue this thread, I'll post a couple screenshots.

https://gyazo.com/5b846e37c27fdb0f98a50f0daa43b273 <- This guy was the teammate of the lagger that I talked about in that arena section, and he seemed like he wanted a medal because he 2v1ed someone in blockgame.
https://gyazo.com/ad7bd5b1c48532cbc8602a2f60364c00 <- Further confirmation he belongs on SA
https://gyazo.com/62ff2c20c56c001a3d162cb0897708c7 <- The grind continues
https://gyazo.com/49dadba8a698f247f4f56ec73ee5f347 <- The grind continues…

There was a guy about a year ago, named Shuhrat I think. He was really toxic and not a very likable person, but he basically predicted the future. I think I saw him say things like "The beaners are taking over" and I could not agree less. I wouldn't use that terminology, but he is, in essence, correct. I'll play three or four Mini meetups at a time without seeing another English speaker.

E 12/28/17 - coming back to the Arena issue.

I think we can all agree that hits on Arena seem to be far different than the hits on other gamemodes like Meetup - not many notice it, I feel like, but I played some Arena last night after playing meetup and I can definitely tell you the hits feel different.

TLDR: BLC was good, Meetup is good, Arena's not that fun anymore, lotta gamemodes ded, and if you kill anyone in Mini meetup nowadays you'll see "RATA :V SO BAD" in your PMs.
PM Link
eres raton y malo
PM Link
inb4 this gets buried in the types of threads I mentioned
PM Link

JewelEDM wrote

inb4 this gets buried in the types of threads I mentioned

Well if you're gonna write a fucking essay then yes lol
PM Link
First of all you can’t do anything about having players from certain counties play Badlion. Yeah it can be somewhat annoying if you’re an English speaker and you can’t communicate with the majority of the playerbase, but there’s nothing that can be done about it. The only way I could see this being handled would to ban a certain country from joining badlion on a specific proxy. That if anything is going to hurt the player base and upset a large number of people, so it’s never going to happen.

Secondly, I’m pretty sure the administration (I believe in archy’s stream) has referenced testing lots of new game modes to see what sticks nowadays - so it’s perfectly normal that some game modes die out really quickly.
PM Link

JewelEDM wrote

I disagree. If anything it's probably one of the more successful game modes on Badlion.
PM Link

JewelEDM wrote

Minigames - I feel like UHC Meetup and SG [kind of] carry this category to my favorite spot on Badlion. UHC Meetup is genuinely enjoyable, and I like playing it. Creates some good practice for actual UHCs. SG is cool too, I suppose. But let's do a quick head count and see which other minigames I haven't mentioned yet:
UHC Run
UHC SG
Cubecore
Free-for-all
Domination
Capture the Flag
Capture the Wool
Mini UHC was memorable enough for me to put it here even though it died a long time ago

Cubecore isn't necessarily dead, but it's got eighteen people on right now and it's 10:42 CST as I write this, that ain't good :parking:ro
FFA, again, not really dead but the gamemode pretty much preserves it till there are like two people online
Capture the Flag has been diagnosed with dead
UHC Meetup [normal version] is dead at this hour - sucks because it's such a great gamemode

What I'm trying to say here is that there are a lot of gamemodes that are in their dying stages. I myself have not touched half of those minigames, and if we're talking about in the past six months I have literally touched UHCSG once to test it out with a friend and I died to some guy with a sharp 4 and half diamond. Instead of just pulling a Mineplex and adding new games, look to your community and see what the vast majority think is wrong with the games you already have, and fix those issues. BLC's cool too, as aforementioned, but don't put all your power towards that. As for the games I named above, just try to direct more attention to those, because right now I think UHC meetup is just fine, it just needs more advertisement and players.

Uhc run gets 50 players at times same with uhc sg also its funny that ur saying these gamemodes are dead but cubecore is not dead cause it has 18 players.

FFA is alive, i still see people with huge kill streaks (nodebuff is kinda ded but that's cause of cubecore)

Domination is ded at times and alive at times, not dead, same with CTF

What u said about CTW blinded me and made me make this post, CTW is alive and i sometimes see players even at 12pm or 1pm ist( the time whenarena has 40 players in EU) also rn a CTW record was made,longest time, and it was for 2 fucking hours, the fact that it happened says that ctw is alive ffs.

Also when u say bl should listen to the community , why cant the community fucking community communicate lol, i havent seen a single person suggest a gamemode without bl asking them to suggest.
PM Link

JewelEDM wrote

Too bad there's a fatal error [on my PC at least] telling me there's a BAC update and I need to restart my computer for it, to which I then restart my computer but it's back there again. And again. And again. This error has pushed me away from Badlion, seeing as neither of my computers [at my mom's or my dad's houses] can run 1.7 Forge without it feeling like I'm playing on 30 fps. At my mom's house, that's the case. At my dad's house, I don't know what's up, but it feels like I'm running 30 when it displays 272. Also, when I made a bug report thread [on the BlueJewell account], the dev asked for logs and I told him I got error 413 [post is too long] when I tried to post them. Never even got a response on that one. But TLDR - BLC is great, the bugs and updates need some tweaking.

Had the same issue, a clean install fixed it for me.

JewelEDM wrote

I can't really argue with this one because ever since Ultra I feel the UHC community took a big hit.

JewelEDM wrote

I think if the game mode were to be tweaked a bit it could be revived, but I could be wrong.

JewelEDM wrote

Public Domination at least on EU is dead. This one really surprised me because when it launched it was probably the most successful OCN game mode on Badlion.

JewelEDM wrote

This game mode is in no way dead. I've even seen people playing this game mode at off-peak hours.

JewelEDM wrote

What I'm trying to say here is that there are a lot of gamemodes that are in their dying stages. I myself have not touched half of those minigames, and if we're talking about in the past six months I have literally touched UHCSG once to test it out with a friend and I died to some guy with a sharp 4 and half diamond. Instead of just pulling a Mineplex and adding new games, look to your community and see what the vast majority think is wrong with the games you already have, and fix those issues.

People definitely play a variety of game modes: https://www.badlion.net/ladder/rewards/overall/all. However, the reason Badlion keeps on adding a lot of these game modes as Tene mentioned is to see what sticks and what doesn't.

JewelEDM wrote

BLC's cool too, as aforementioned, but don't put all your power towards that.

From what I've seen on the forums and in-game people seem to care more about hackers than game modes so I disagree.

JewelEDM wrote

As for the games I named above, just try to direct more attention to those, because right now I think UHC meetup is just fine, it just needs more advertisement and players.

How do you suggest Badlion go about advertising game modes?

JewelEDM wrote

Let's also not forget the rulebreakers in these games, specifically UHC Meetup. I've played Mini games and gotten a 2-team, and thanks to No-Clean I've been able to take out more than a few of those. I have a friend who has killed many of these teams, and in our team discord he will post an image of him obby-trapping people or killing teamers with the caption "JAJAJAJAJJA v[number]".

The only solution to this problem from what I understand is having more mods.
PM Link
Lol tb to when arena was competitive

vs
PM Link
oh yeah also this gem

PM Link
Posting here to remind myself to make a full reply tomorrow.
PM Link
I know this was a small part of your post but cubecorr has never really experienced more than a hundred players anyway, it’s always been small.
PM Link
Client: The client is currently in the works of being updated and made to a finished product. The developers are aware of the bugs with it and are working to fix them. We may find it annoying now, but it's all temporary for when they update it and make it far better. The bugs are temporary and will be fixed at a later date for a better product. It's annoying but this type of thing can not be rushed.

Arena: We have zero right to control where people choose to play on the server. Spanish people can be very annoying in your eyes but they have a right to be there like anyone else. You can always get the Lion+ feature and set a ping cap if the lag really bothers you. We will not be stopping anyone from logging onto any region because of the fact that it would be unfair to them. In terms of MMR, that was for the better of the community scene. At the end of the day ELO will always be inferior to MMR. It's simply a worse system for the game we are playing. The staff worked with the players to choose an ELO system they liked for the current season and this is what was picked. We can continue to work on it but at the end of the day, the players chose this system. Same goes for the knockback.

Minigames: Not all of the minigames are dead like you say. Yes there are some that almost never get players anymore, but there are others that do. CTW/CTF/DOm all peak when tournaments happen or when people want to scrim. These games typically have at least one game running at a time and people enjoy them. While other gamemodes may have no fill, there are others reasons that can be argued for those. The minigames server have high and low points all the time so they will stay for now, we have to wait and see what the future for those are.

Rule breakers: If you see a rule breaker, report them and alert the staff. You could also record and post evidence here on the forums if you like. Simply complaining here does not help the situation at all. We are aware of these people but at the same time staff can only do so much as people. You could always apply for staff and help solve the problem if that annoys you so much. The server has Spanish players and there is no issue with that, they are allowed to be here like anyone else.
PM Link

ThatOneCombo wrote

Lol tb to when arena was competitive

vs

The point in this?
PM Link

Radioactivebeans wrote

ThatOneCombo wrote...

The point in this?

Number of matches played, people who were at top were actually known etc.
PM Link

ThatOneCombo wrote

Radioactivebeans wrote...

Number of matches played, people who were at top were actually known etc.

People on top being known is because they do yt but I dont see the relevance. S12 lasted a lot longer than s15 so ofc you will see more matches
PM Link

Radioactivebeans wrote

ThatOneCombo wrote...

People on top being known is because they do yt but I dont see the relevance. S12 lasted a lot longer than s15 so ofc you will see more matches

i think we can all agree that the general enthusiasm for arena and the leaderboards has died down
PM Link

Radioactivebeans wrote

ThatOneCombo wrote...

arena is dead regardless of who plays or how much because everybody cheats now so nobody bothers grinding because the reward isn't worth the risk.
PM Link
First off, I died of laughter reading this post especially when you were talking about the gamemodes being dead. Anyways let's start.

Arena: In season 12 I loved arena, it was fun, competitive and a great time. I mean the Spanish people are one of the main problems atleast for NA, every uhc, arena match and meetup I fight someone with a laggy connection. Also, many of these Spanish players are very toxic, every game I get spammed "LLLLLLLLLLLL" or "RATA". Overall arena lost its competitive aspect because of cheaters and laggy players.

UHC: I love UHC. But every NA game I see many Spanish players being so toxic. It is not fun to mine for 1 hour then die to some laggy guy with 300 ping. There are many xrayers and cheaters in UHC. The biggest thing for me is I record many uhc's and post evidence to get them banned but the host always says it is insufficient evidence.

Mini games: Personally I only play mini uhc meetup and normal meet up. First problem, TEAMERS! There are so many of them in everygame, but i understand you have a limited amount of staffing for the gamemodes and so many games at once. Other game modes are pretty dead on NA there are a few people playing it but the games are not hurting anyone.

There is a lot more I could say but this is long enough.
PM Link

Pika12X wrote

JewelEDM wrote...

Uhc run gets 50 players at times same with uhc sg also its funny that ur saying these gamemodes are dead but cubecore is not dead cause it has 18 players.

FFA is alive, i still see people with huge kill streaks (nodebuff is kinda ded but that's cause of cubecore)

Domination is ded at times and alive at times, not dead, same with CTF

What u said about CTW blinded me and made me make this post, CTW is alive and i sometimes see players even at 12pm or 1pm ist( the time whenarena has 40 players in EU) also rn a CTW record was made,longest time, and it was for 2 fucking hours, the fact that it happened says that ctw is alive ffs.

Also when u say bl should listen to the community , why cant the community fucking community communicate lol, i havent seen a single person suggest a gamemode without bl asking them to suggest.

Ayyy that’s me
PM Link