Store
Making Badlion Welcoming and Fun For All - New Admins
Today I am excited to share some really unique news for Badlion history with some more admins joining our team. We have done a lot of thinking in the past month or so and want to make sure that all of the team's hard work is being used most effectively to make Badlion the best Minecraft experience possible for all users. Even though we have made a lot of significant progress on Badlion and Minecraft esports overall, we think we can do even better still.

With this in mind we found some people that we thought could help us improve Badlion even more. Without further ado I present to you three new admins who are going to be helping us to bring awesome and exciting new content to Badlion, help us to do a better job at working with influencers in the community, and offering better and more enticing products for you to help support our server with!

@Mentally - Gamemode Design & Events
@SuchSpeed - Influencer Relations & Events
@Mistazel - Marketing

I believe that these three individuals along with the rest of our amazing staff team are going to accomplish a lot of exciting things in 2018. I already know that the synergy between these guys is amazing and that they are already planning on some big updates for our core gamemodes very soon. These three individuals will be making a lot of the decisions going forward with Badlion's future. Archy and myself feel that we should be letting some new people with fresh ideas help to guide Badlion's future rather than ourselves. We will just watch over to make sure nothing too crazy is changed that will upset everyone in the community for little or no gain.

Please join me in welcoming them to our team. I can't wait to see their work start being shared with the community soon.
PM Link
Glad to be apart of the team :D
PM Link
Congrats and Welcome to the new admins!
PM Link
gratz and welcome! o/
PM Link
Welcome! :D
PM Link
Who?
Done my research, so random youtubers who shit talked this Network no more than two months ago and have been in the paypacket of jhalt for the past 1 or so years, are suddenly now administrators on this network which is the antithesis of the types of servers they used to promote in the past (Buying unbans, screen sharing etc.)? What on earth is going on?

God wrote

We will just watch over to make sure nothing too crazy is changed that will upset everyone in the community for little or no gain.

I understand you two get burnt out and are probably tired with day to day bullshit, but honestly both of you are the main driving force behind this network and this has always been the case. A lot of the stuff you do goes unnoticed, especially you, Adam. The plugins for this server have always been taken for granted but it's one of the defining factors that set it apart from its competitors, whether that used to be Strawhats and Kohi or Twitt and Ultra, it's how smooth the server runs and the unique style of the chat and plugins that always appealed to players, especially myself.
I hope you do watch over the new kids on the block Adam, I really do.

And to the new admins, except mitzaelies or whatever, one of the characteristics that i was encouraged to have as a staff member was integrity. I tried my best to uphold this principle, but we're all human I'm sure you understand that. Then there's you two. Jhalt has been gone for less than half a year i believe, barely out of your coffers, and you come straggling back to this network because Daddy Halterman isn't around. You shit talked this server and left it for a bigger pay packet. I understand having bills to pay, i understand contracts that FrozenOrb made you sign to prevent you from doing certain things, but it's clear you arn't in it for the community or to help this server, you're in it for yourselves.

Have a lovely day.

ANOTHER EDIT:
You have succeeded in uniting this community, just not in the way you have hoped.

I'd like to make some comments here since there are a lot of questions/confusion. I'd also like to link Archy's tweet long for people that don't follow him as it explains some additional reasoning to the changes being made here: https://t.co/ybshHGJvBe

First off to the entire community. I am going to share something from out internal staff forums about these new "admins". They have admin rights to have access to some of the tools they need to do their jobs. They don't have the authority to moderate on our servers and they are very well aware of this.

Badlion Staff Forums MasterGberry Post wrote

If you have not read the announcement yet you can check it out here: https://www.badlion.net/forum/thread/201711

We have hired some new admins as we have stated to the public now. I just wanted to briefly address the staff that these new admins are here to help us to run Badlion and will be handling the specific areas mentioned in the announcement posts. None of these new three admins are going to handle any of the normal admin stuff such as:

- IP lookups
- Geo locations
- Appeals
- Bans
- etc

They are here to help us with influencer relationships, marketing, and game design and that is all. Most of you won't even notice they are here because they will be working more closely with the other admins or dev team in order to do their job. None of these new admins have any authority over any of you and they all simply report to me. You all have your assigned jobs/roles that help Badlion to function and none of these new admins are here to disrupt that flow.

I'll be happy to answer any questions here about anything related to these changes.

This covers a huge part of what these people are actually helping us to do here. They do not want to become normal staff members in the team, and we don't want them to either.

Now let's tackle some of the things you said in your post.

JaimeLannister wrote

Done my research, so random youtubers who shit talked this Network no more than two months ago and have been in the paypacket of jhalt for the past 1 or so years, are suddenly now administrators on this network which is the antithesis of the types of servers they used to promote in the past (Buying unbans, screen sharing etc.)? What on earth is going on?

1. These are not random youtubers. Mentally and SuchSpeed have both been part of the Badlion community for three years or so. They have both been considered some of the best players in UHC at one point or another.
2. It is entirely up to business owners whether they choose to uphold EULA or not. We choose to uphold it here at Badlion because we don't believe in making unfair gameplay in the first place.
3. There is nothing wrong with screensharing besides the invasion of privacy. This is why we don't do it here at Badlion and why we prefer things like the Badlion Client (Can't wait for v2).
4. You must have a bad definition of "shit-talking", as I have never seen such behavior from either of the individuals. Disagreeing with how things are done here at Badlion is not shit-talking. Shit-talking is attacking verbosely and vulgarly another person/business/server etc with little to no evidence to back up what you are saying. Both of these individuals have criticized Badlion, there is no denying that, but I would never say they have shit-talked it.

JaimieLannister wrote

I understand you two get burnt out and are probably tired with day to day bullshit, but honestly both of you are the main driving force behind this network and this has always been the case. A lot of the stuff you do goes unnoticed, especially you, Adam. The plugins for this server have always been taken for granted but it's one of the defining factors that set it apart from its competitors, whether that used to be Strawhats and Kohi or Twitt and Ultra, it's how smooth the server runs and the unique style of the chat and plugins that always appealed to players, especially myself.
I hope you do watch over the new kids on the block Adam, I really do.

I am not going away. I am here to stay. The reality as Archy explained in his tweet, we are no longer top tier players (I was never that great to begin with). We don't play the game actively anymore, and we are out of ideas of what to do. We have a few plans that are already in motion that will be coming out in the first quarter of 2018 and then our list of plans has been exhausted. This is why we have brought in new people who are going to help us to come up with improvements for Badlion, new game modes, updates to game modes, etc.

I don't plan on making it a secret, but @SuchSpeed, @Mentally, and @Mistazel all report to me in terms of our staffing organization. Any and all ideas they want to pass through to Badlion need to go through Archy and myself before they are going onto the network. As once again mentioned in Archy's Tweet, unless it's a huge red flag such as "unban all the cheaters" or something legal wise we will not interfere. The only thing that would ruin the network is letting Archy and myself keep coming up with the ideas when we are too out of touch with the game. The player council has done an amazing job at helping to guide us, and I hope that they continue to lend their advice to the new people who are going to be listening to them.

JamieLannister wrote

And to the new admins, except mitzaelies or whatever, one of the characteristics that i was encouraged to have as a staff member was integrity. I tried my best to uphold this principle, but we're all human I'm sure you understand that. Then there's you two. Jhalt has been gone for less than half a year i believe, barely out of your coffers, and you come straggling back to this network because Daddy Halterman isn't around. You shit talked this server and left it for a bigger pay packet. I understand having bills to pay, i understand contracts that FrozenOrb made you sign to prevent you from doing certain things, but it's clear you arn't in it for the community or to help this server, you're in it for yourselves.

A staff tag is a tag. It grants certain powers and you are expected to do certain things with said powers. Would it surprise you to know that there are individuals who do admin level work on Badlion that no one in this community knows at all because they don't need the actual "admin" powers to do their job? As i stated above, these "staff members" are acting more on an advisory basis then staff basis. I have nothing in the utmost confidence that our staff team is going to continue to do an amazing job at helping to keep the server clean of toxic players, cheaters, and rule breakers regardless of these new "admins."

JamieLannister wrote

Have a lovely day.

You too buddy :)

Feel free to ask any questions. I'll be going through the rest of this post now. So far in the 1-2 weeks we have been chatting and just in the past 48 hours since we all agreed to everything I have seen nothing but amazing and hard work. I already have on my desk new game mode ideas, improvements to existing game modes, improvements to the websites, and re-opening connections to influencers to make them feel welcome on Badlion. I look forward to their continued work/advice.

Edit: Also to clarify since someone asked later in the thread, they did approach us about wanting to help and reshape Badlion for the community to enjoy more again. After a couple of weeks of talking Archy and I both agreed it would definitely be the best thing for the community to have some fresh ideas brought in. The rest is explained above.
PM Link
Using that feature you implemented for the Owner AMA’s I see.
Thanks for replying Adam, you cleared a few things up for me and I’d love to type a longer response but I’m currently really late for school at the minute so I will when I’m home, o7.
PM Link
I always use the awesome features I program. The best Badlion features are the ones I programmed. Boost my ego more please <3
PM Link
I have returned; and what a nice way to spend my 4000th post.

MasterGberry wrote

They don't have the authority to moderate on our servers and they are very well aware of this.

That's good to hear as my initial thought was that the opposite was the case, it looks a bit more positive now.

MasterGberry wrote

I have nothing in the utmost confidence that our staff team is going to continue to do an amazing job at helping to keep the server clean of toxic players, cheaters, and rule breakers regardless of these new "admins."

Of course, I feel exactly the same.

MasterGberry wrote

Also to clarify since someone asked later in the thread, they did approach us

This would've have been easier to understand if they were approached by you I'm going to be honest, this just makes them appear arrogant.

Could you please confirm nothing is going to happen in terms of the relation between this network and their other server 'Grizzly'. We have a habit on this network of semi-partnering with faction servers, such as Mineage four years ago and The Archon. Damm, i even remember the mineage ladder you guys added, that shit was dope I have to admit.

As always mate, I'm loving the transparency and I'm sure the rest of the community does too. Cheers.
PM Link
While they did approach us, we were already searching for a month or so now for some people to help fill in some holes in the Badlion team. We just hadn't looked outside our own organization yet, so them coming to us was just lucky.

At the moment we are not doing any direct relationships with Grizzly. Might change later with some opportunities coming up with the Badlion Client, but beyond that Grizzly is Grizzly, Badlion is Badlion.
PM Link
PM Link
congrats!
PM Link
Welcome
PM Link
Congrats and welcome to the team!
PM Link
Congrats and welcome!
PM Link
Congrats!
PM Link