Store Up to 20% Off!
Players Online: 0.0k Support Forums Client
Subscribe
My Resignation
Hello all. It's Metarus, the good old CM-wait a minute I just resigned.

Yeah, I resigned. I'm real sad about it because I had a lot of good memories but I had to resign. I honestly had little to no passion for Badlion and legitimately haven't played in I think over a month. I enjoyed my time here to no end, but as someone who really never played, it wasn't something I could keep doing.

Personally, I lost interest in the game. And that makes me really sad to think about because I know how many people I'd seen over the years stop playing because they'd lost interest and thought "I don't want to do that to the community". However, all good things come to an end (that is assuming you see my dedication as a good thing), and my time here is one of them. I do hope that some day I find interest in the game once again and return, but for the time being, I haven't felt motivated to play Badlion.

There are many thank yous I have to make, so I'll start off with them. First of all, thank you to the CM team. You guys made my time here worthwhile and fun, and having other people to make decisions or discuss with was truly something that I really enjoyed.

Second of all, and to more personalized lengths, thank you @tbhitslizzy. The new Head of CMs, and in fact just someone who'd first become staff at the same time as I had. If I'm honest, the first time you became staff I thought you'd just be staff because you were Archy's girlfriend and not that you actually deserved it. I was entirely wrong and apologize for that initial judgement. You were honestly one of if not the most active CM who was always taking somewhat of a leadership role on every event, being proactive in the staff team, and this naturally led to your promotion to the Head of CMs. I truly enjoyed working with you, thought you were a very kind and well spoken person, and thank you greatly for the retired rank.

Third of all, and on a similar wavelength, thank you @Archybot for accepting me to begin with. I remember waking up at 5 am that day because I had tennis, having received a long, descriptive message from my man Archy saying "here?". That was the beginning of my journey. After briefly discussing the requirements and whatnot and being told I had been accepted, I then went on to explain that I had been banned from playing Minecraft (because I didn't do some goddamn French homework) for another month or so. That was memetic so to say the least, however it in no way affected my roles as a CM.

Fourth of all, @Suitability. I'm basically quitting Minecraft (at least for the time being) as I haven't really played lately… at all… and as you are one of my closest friends, I am almost obliged to thank you. You were one of my earlier friends on Badlion, dating back to BlueJewell's old Discord server, and have always had nice conversations, enjoyed playing each other or with each other, and talking about coding, and I've gotta say, you were my closest online friend. I really appreciated you as a person and thank you for making my time here more enjoyable.

There are other people I would thank, but I'll more likely just send private messages to them because I doubt many will check the forums as many of them have quit. However, I would like to thank the community. Although so many time the community has been a piece of shit and toxic, at the end of the day, you guys are what keeps this server running. You guys have kept me as a person committed to this as long as I have.

Now, I'd like to address my views on Badlion's recent moves. As a CM, I found it unprofessional to say that I was unhappy with a decision that Badlion made, but now that I'm no longer one, I will be entirely honest (if this is disallowed please let me know or edit it out). I don't like many of the moves Badlion has made recently. I think it's going through a rough patch, and losing a lot of players (myself included). However, I don't fully blame this on Badlion. I think that at lot of it is people growing out of Minecraft. I think that Minecraft is a really fun, malleable game that can really be used for anything, but the drawback is it has that stigma of being a kid's game. As a result, many older players will quit because it's uncool. The other one is just getting bored. I don't have the same interest in the game that I did 2 years ago, and sadly I have no reasons as to why. I just don't. I think Badlion has been pushed into a corner recently which explains the moves like hiring Mentally and Mistazel as admins rather than going through the normal staff tree, and has made them make some decisions against their usual thought process, but I think that the moves they're making are actually quite alright. I have faith in Daniel to make good decisions, and although I don't know Mistazel, I've heard he has quite a reptuation. I don't think Badlion will die. I think it's taking some major hits and will not be the same as it was, but it will stay alive and hopefully return to the flourishing state it once was in. I've also heard the S16 has had a fairly smooth launch which is good, it's a step in the right direction. I'm proud of Badlion and how far it's come.

In the end, I would like to restate the same thing I said at the start; I hope that I someday return to Badlion. This community has a place in my heart. I've been here for a full 2 and a half years. I was 13 when I started playing, and I'm nearly 16 now. It's the first community I can truly say I was a part of, I had my year as a staff member, and will be something I look back on proudly. Thank you all for making my time here worthwhile.
Metarus or Rana
PM Link
Thank you for being such a wonderful person and CM, it's been a pleasure to work with you. I hope to see you around someday!
PM Link
o7 man. I remember being in INFRA w/ you. You are quite an OG. gl in the future :)
PM Link
Didnt really knew you much but I wish you the best luck in the future
PM Link
You are the best CM I've known. Im gonna miss you
PM Link
Even though I saw this a long time coming, it's sad to see you leave. You were also one the closet friends I've made on the interwebs :) I wish you the best in life with whatever you plan to do. o7
PM Link
You will be missed and I Goodluck in your life <3
PM Link
I'm not crying you're crying.
But in all seriousness, you were an amazing person in the community and I look forward to you finding the best path in the future
PM Link
Thanks all for your wishes.
PM Link
Bye :( Good luck in life
PM Link
Best of luck in life! o7
PM Link
I never see you but good luck in the future
PM Link
Noooo:( we love you. Good lucky in life man!
PM Link
Good luck on your endeavors brother!!
PM Link
Wish you luck in the future!
PM Link
Automatically Deleted
PM Link