Store
Moving EU host back to Frankfurt
Hello, I noticed that Badlion seemed quite laggy for me recently and later I found out that EU host was moved to France (to be exact, Roubaix) and my ping increased slightly. I used to get stable 55 ms with no drops at all, and now I get 90 ms with drops to 120 ms mid fight. I'm certain that my internet is not the issue here as I get stable ping everywhere but Badlion.

I made a research and asked my friends to check their ping to the new host, and here's what I found out:
Russia (me) - before moving 55 ms, after moving 80-85 ms with drops to 120 ms (will use a short version from now on - wd).
Turkey - before - 60 ms, after moving 90 ms wd.
Germany - before - 15 ms, after - 20-50 wd / before - 28 ms, after - 50-70 ms wd (second entry).
Finland - before - 65 ms, after - 90 ms wd.
Italy - before - 30 ms, after - 68 ms wd.
Serbia - before - 35 ms, after 80 ms wd and pretty much similar situation with other locations besides France (their ping decreased by 10 ms) and UK (decreased by 15-20 ms). None of these players have any issues with their internet connection.

As you can tell by the results, all players' pings from countries in Central Europe, Eastern Europe and Asia increased by 30-35 ms, which is a lot knowing the fact that ping matters a lot in Minecraft PvP. So, my suggestion is to move it back, as it would be better for most of the EU playerbase.

When the host used to be in Frankfurt, the game felt smooth and not laggy at all, and I can't say the same about the new host. So, my suggestion is to move it back to Frankfurt as the experience was better and most of players already got used to their previous ping and for some people it would be quite noticeable and would impact their game in a bad way.

I'm sure the change was caused by something, but still most of the playerbase is located in Central/Eastern Europe and Turkey and all of these people would notice it. The game became radically less smooth and feels terrible. It would be better for everyone to change it back to the old location as the previous host was flawless and didn't lag at all, when a new host is unstable and is just awful.

I would like to hear other people's opinions on this and if you support the suggestion, make sure to reply with "+1". If you have any counter-arguments and disagree with me, please don't just write "-1" without explaining your point. I made this suggestion because I (and basically everyone) wants to have smooth experience playing their favourite gamemodes and I want Badlion to realise that changing hosts was a mistake. Thanks for reading.
PM Link
I agree, this is a big change for everyone and just generally pvp doesn’t feel like it used to. I myself am not such fan of those kinds of changes.
Very nice thread!
+1
PM Link
+10000
PM Link
+1 and also I live in georgia, I was getting 52-54 ms but now 105-110
PM Link
Why do you act like they Just randomly moved it for no reason
PM Link

Saimo wrote

Why do you act like they Just randomly moved it for no reason

I understand that they might've had a reason to do so, but they could've found a new host in Frankfurt so the ping of Central/Eastern European/Asian players won't get affected this much, some people literally got their ping multiplied by 2, which is a lot. The location of previous host was perfect for everybody, people who live in Europe got no more than 50 ms on it. And now, as you can see, most of the playerbase has to suffer with double the ping they used to get before. Not to mention that the current host is unstable and a lot of people get random ping drops to 100+ ms. When it was hosted in Frankfurt no one had such problem.
PM Link
+1
PM Link
+1
PM Link

Hakodate wrote

Saimo wrote...

I understand that they might've had a reason to do so, but they could've found a new host in Frankfurt so the ping of Central/Eastern European/Asian players won't get affected this much, some people literally got their ping multiplied by 2, which is a lot. The location of previous host was perfect for everybody, people who live in Europe got no more than 50 ms on it. And now, as you can see, most of the playerbase has to suffer with double the ping they used to get before. Not to mention that the current host is unstable and a lot of people get random ping drops to 100+ ms. When it was hosted in Frankfurt no one had such problem.

its still in germany dispite what the iplocater says
PM Link
+1
PM Link

reb_hi wrote

Hakodate wrote...

its still in germany dispite what the iplocater says

If it really is then then host is complete trash lol and I don't understand why did they even have to switch it, as the previous host was stable and didn't lag at all.
I realised that the host was in France just because of the results of the tracert (it shows the route that your connection is going through) and I saw that it was going through some French servers and the ping was similar to the servers that are hosted by OVH in Roubaix (it's the city where most of OVH EU servers are hosted if I'm not mistaken, MCSG was hosted there as well).
PM Link
Would be an awesome idea!
PM Link
+1
PM Link
+1
PM Link
+1
PM Link
-1 I have better ping than old host
PM Link
I'm from the UK and my ping hasn't changed at all -1
PM Link

Razerzone wrote

I am from Germany and it hasn't changed for me either

PM Link
+1, i used to get like 45-60 and now its 80-120. (Turkey)
PM Link

Razerzone wrote

As I said in the thread, people's ping from Western/North-Western Europe didn't change at all or either decreased.

Purox wrote

I am from Germany and it hasn't changed for me either

Depends on provider, but 2 friends who I asked to test had their ping increased slightly.

It also seems that they optimised the new host and now I get 65-70 ms with drops to 95-100 ms without any particular reason, I wrote this thread back when the situation was absolutely terrible. It definitely is better now but still worse than it used to be before.
PM Link
Thread is locked