Store
A little rant on the current state of the server.
Today I hopped on to play on Badlion Arena PvP (I did play like 3 rounds of SG some time ago but I never touched anything else) for the first time in a few months. Two things really struck me.

First and foremost, I'd like to discuss the point of there being a limit of 10 matches per day. Now, I COULD undertand the reasoning behind implementing this for RANKED matches only (even though I still strongly disagree with it), but why are UNRANKED matches being counted in this limit? Seriously, explain it to me. I can't think of one reason why someone thought this was a good idea. Why do people play unranked?
- to practice before going on ranked
- for fun.
Yes, have you ever thought that someone might play on this server for fun? How am I supposed to enjoy it with the limit of 10 UNRANKED matches? Seriously, WHAT? You do realize that after a player finishes his daily limit of 10 matches, which takes roughly 30 minutes, he will not have ANY purpose what so ever to still be on your server? He will log off and go play something else. -1 player, just like that. And you probably wonder why you have 1500 players on weekends? I remember the days (as you all probably do) when Badlion had 10k players. I just cannot understand why there is a limit of 10 matches which includes unranked games. Could someone please enlighten me? Could anyone give me one advantage of there being a limit for unranked matches please? Honestly, I've, with some occasional breaks in between (like the past few months) been playing on Badlion for over 2 years and Minecraft for over 4 years. and this might just be the most ridicolous feature I had ever seen on any server.
What if I would like to play some Ranked? Am I supposed to go play it right away when I'm so rusty? Granted, I'm far from being even remotely good on PvP and if I lost a match I would have most likely lost it anyway, due to not being good enough at the game. But the same thing applies to all players, not just me, to those who are better at PvP and who do actually play more competitively and I'm sure they would fancy a bit of practice before the rankeds without being able to only play 5 of them. Simple, right?

A long time ago, I can't remember exactly how long ago it was, but I'd guess like a year? (doesnt matter), the well-known and liked ELO system was replaced by the ranking system. Gold, Silver, Emerald, crap like that. It was clear the majority of the community didn't like the system, I remember the meltdown after the change, but I remember this admin who was going out of his skin to tell us how AMAZING and FAIR this new system supposedly is. I log on again in big 2018 and what do I see? ELO again? Why is that? Seriously, why? That means it was actually better than the rank system all that time? And you came into realisation now? Well, sucks for tens of thousands of players who had to put up with it for months then. Turns out sometimes there is no need to over-complicate things eh?

These are just some initial thoughts, after like 15 minutes of playing. But I really feel like this needed to be said. Thoughts?

PM Link
aids to read
PM Link
You seem to have misunderstood me. I didn’t ask you for thoughts about your „Badlion Staff” thread but about the topic I mentioned.
PM Link
+1 for most -1 for ratings… ELO is fine

But don't do that
PM Link
MMR is still superior to elo no matter how you look at it.

Badlion simply gave the community what they want yet the community is still complaining and wants mmr back now.
PM Link

Asorn wrote

I never want elo back :c
PM Link
Weird considering everyone wanted it back when they introduced MMR.
PM Link
posted this on accident ahh i love lag
PM Link

Dandunt wrote

Weird considering everyone wanted it back when they introduced MMR.
everyone wanting it back doesn't mean it's a good thing to have back.
PM Link
The problem is that many people might not buy a rank if there were unlimited matches. Badlion desparately needs the money to keep the server running.
If there were more benefits of buying a rank, I'm sure many would buy one even if you had unlimited matches as a normal member.
Anyways, I haven't been on Badlion for that long so I can't really say anything about its history but I know that unlimited matches work perfectly fine on other servers and people still buy enough ranks just for the sake of it.
PM Link

Asorn wrote

Badlion simply gave the community what they want yet the community is still complaining and wants mmr back now.

Not surprised you have the same skin as an admin.
PM Link

Dandunt wrote

You seem to have misunderstood me. I didn’t ask you for thoughts about your „Badlion Staff” thread but about the topic I mentioned.

That's wasn't me lol I share my forum account with 2 other people
PM Link
Bring back mmr thats all
PM Link
Automatically Deleted
PM Link
There was no such moment when bl had 10k players, im pretty sure its peak was like 5.9k or 6k?
PM Link

Aogiri_Eto wrote

There was no such moment when bl had 10k players, im pretty sure its peak was like 5.9k or 6k?

Its peak was at 11k

PM Link

freekkiller wrote

Aogiri_Eto wrote...

Its peak was at 11k

o hey freek xd
PM Link

Awizeuh wrote

freekkiller wrote...

o hey freek xd

sup
PM Link