Store
Players Online: 49.0k Help Forums Client
Subscribe
End of Ominous Competitive Clan?
Is this the end?!
No, not really…
Sorry for the clickbait, just thought that I'd make a thread talking about a big change we are making to Ominous and also talk about the current Clan Community
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TL:DR
Clans arent competitive anymore, Badlion was too slow to make changes
Badlion should focus their efforts on a Teams System
Ominous is now a 100% Community Clan (No Stat Requirements)
Because this turned out pretty long, I thought Id do the TLDR here instead :)
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Clans Scene:
As everybody aready knows, there have been 0 updates to Clans in over 2 years!
That in itself is bad enough, but another annoyance is that throughout the 2 years we have always been told "we are working on it" / "we will get to it eventually" by Badlion
Due to this lack of change to clans, any lasting competition between clans has faded, with no clans regularly doing scrims / clanwars anymore

There is a planned update to happen in the next few months and although I do believe they will finally give us an update,
I think Badlion has left it too late and the update wont bring the excitement of Clans back to what it once was
The new update will be adding some new competitive elements to the Clans (eg. Official Clan War system) however I don't think it will be very successful
There are very limited amounts of active clans these days and because of the nature of clans having unlimited roster sizes, it will just result in a few very large clans and have little competition to choose from

At this point because there is no competition in clans, and I believe the only reason any clan is able to keep members at this point is 100% down to their community holding them together
Therefore I believe instead of adding competitive systems to clans, the updates should be completely community based systems eg. Custom Roles, Advanced Clan Chat settings, Custom Minigame Lobbies

As for the Competitive Systems that are planned for Clans, I believe a completely new / separate Team System should be made on the website / ingame and the systems used should be for that system
Teams would have limited rosters to create more competition and the system could also be used for easier Tournament Signups
I think emphasising Clans as Community based and Teams as Competitive would be far better that attempting to bring competitive elements to clans, and the Teams system could be something new and fresh

As for Ominous:
For the past 2 months myself and the officers have put no effort into the clan
Its crazy to me that we still have 30+ loyal members however that in itself shows how clans have changed
Because there is no rivalry between clans + Scrims / Clan Wars are very rare, this means there is no reason to leave the clan and join another as for the most part we all offer the same things

Considering the fact clans are no longer competitive and the community is keeping Ominous alive at this point..
Ominous is now becoming a 100% Community Clan
This means we are removing stat requirements and we no longer are looking just for arena sweats xD

So ye, if you are in need of a clan feel more than free to join Ominous!
Join our Discord –> https://discord.gg/ZK7yqKV
Apply Here –> https://www.badlion.net/forum/thread/100899

PM Link
Leaders also rarely play Minecraft anymore, certainly a lot more than we use too. So please don't expect the only topic of conversation to be only Minecraft related.

Hope to see some of you soon.
PM Link
My idea
PM Link

Conorz wrote

My idea

We considered this idea before you even knew that Ominous Competitive was stopping.
PM Link
There hasnt been a single clan update for around 2 years. As you said badlions "we will get to it eventually" attitude is stupid when teams are the only reason there even is a miniscule comppetitive scene and instead prioritizing that they focus on a lot less important things
PM Link

Radioactivebeans wrote

There hasnt been a single clan update for around 2 years. As you said badlions "we will get to it eventually" attitude is stupid when teams are the only reason there even is a miniscule comppetitive scene and instead prioritizing that they focus on a lot less important things

Ye, I understand Badlion do have a lot of things they are focusing on like changings UHCs, BLC however they have had 2 years to show our Community the slightest bit of effort but didn't. Its great they seem to finally be giving us an update but as I said in reality its too late :(
PM Link
Damn my man Ads_ really fucked this clan up by leaving. shit FeelsBadMan biblethump
PM Link
Honestly Badlion clans have never really been competitive if you compare them to clans on other servers (eg mcsg or ocn)
PM Link

Kikzo wrote

Honestly Badlion clans have never really been competitive if you compare them to clans on other servers (eg mcsg or ocn)

ye, Badlion Clans have never been the pinnacle of competiiton so I don't think Badlion should try and make it that way
PM Link
Yeah, something definetely has to change.
PM Link
Clans 2.0 is coming SOON TRIGGERED
PM Link