Store
"How to revive Badlion?" The truth.
Hey guys, I haven't touched minecraft in a month or two and I just wanted to give my say.Being one of the original players in the community, I think my opinion holds a degree of value.

Minecraft was a really fun game for the last few years, peaking in s12 etc. We all enjoyed it. But every game will eventually decline. The only problem with the Badlion community is that the community is made up of young (usually immature) children that don't accept the truth. I see all these posts about bring back badlion,how to revive etc. The truth is, it can't be revived. You can slow down the bleeding, but it will die in the end. The majority of original players like myself who invested hours and hours into the game have moved on. It's not that the game got boring though it could be. For a lot of us, we're alot older now. I'm 18 this year and I was one of the younger lot when minecraft pvp was at its peak. We wouldn't come back even if badlion was like s12. Also, obs there's been other games that have come out which has stolen players from every games. Overwatch players declining while Fortnite rising. It's how it is. Lastly, the staff and owners of this staff were poor. As someone studying economics at university, I can clearly see their lack of knowledge on how to run a successful firm. But I can't blame them too much, the owners are coders, not economics/business students. Sure the coding etc job was good but , the parts they failed where at listening to the community which a business mind would understand straight away, is the key to growing as a server.

Solution?

Become completely community driven. It's the only way to slow the bleeding. Example? Look at old school runescape. Once the most played game in history, millions of players. Ruined by new updates the players didnt want or like. Rings a bell huh ? What did they do? They brought back old school runescape where all updates were driven by community polls. To put this into our context, bring back Season 12 as it is. Any update you think of, poll it with the community. Do a livestream once a week if possible, answering questions the community have etc.

I probably won't return to MC as I have exams and I enjoy playing other games(overwatch/fortnite, hmu if you wnna play) but I do hope this thread helps the community understand the situation and what needs to be done. ^-^
Feel free to reply with your thoughts on the thread, don't mind a nice chat.

~Jezii
PM Link
Why did you post another thread? I thought you were done with minecraft. I beg you, leave for good.
PM Link
What OSRS is doing wont work in a game where half the community has no clue what the fuck they want
PM Link
lmaooo jezii
PM Link

Jezii wrote

I'm 18 this year

Jezii wrote

As someone studying economics at university, I can clearly see their lack of knowledge on how to run a successful firm.

You gotta be joking. They built the most succesful and competitive Minecraft pvp server from the ground up. The fact that player numbers are low could have an infinite amount of reasons other than "they dunno how to run a business". I can garuantee you that your half a year at university is nothing compared to their years of expierence.

And on the topic of your suggestion. Surival Games is a prime example of a gamemode that hasn't changed in years. Even the maps are often still the same and people only want to play the old maps that they've known for years. And yet SG (across all Minecraft servers) isn't exactly booming is it? "Slowing the bleeding" by changing everything to how it was 2 years ago is going to get Badlion nowhere. If anything they should come up with new gamemodes to get people interested again.

Being completely community driven is also a bad idea because when it comes to Minecraft servers, people typically want no change at all until it's too late.
PM Link
Badlion done their work very successful, the problem isn't in Badlion, the problem is in community. Players doesn't know what they want, situation about MMR/ELO.
PM Link
I’m sorry but going back will just make it worse. Just move on and fix the problems a different way.
PM Link

HalfCreeper wrote

Jezii wrote...

Jezii wrote...

You gotta be joking. They built the most succesful and competitive Minecraft pvp server from the ground up. The fact that player numbers are low could have an infinite amount of reasons other than "they dunno how to run a business". I can garuantee you that your half a year at university is nothing compared to their years of expierence.

And on the topic of your suggestion. Surival Games is a prime example of a gamemode that hasn't changed in years. Even the maps are often still the same and people only want to play the old maps that they've known for years. And yet SG (across all Minecraft servers) isn't exactly booming is it? "Slowing the bleeding" by changing everything to how it was 2 years ago is going to get Badlion nowhere. If anything they should come up with new gamemodes to will get people interested again.

Being completely community driven is also a bad idea because when it comes to Minecraft servers, people typically want no change at all until it's too late.

That was way more convincing than Jezii's post.
PM Link

Baelish wrote

HalfCreeper wrote...

That was way more convincing than Jezii's post.

what do you expect its jezii
PM Link

churupan wrote

Baelish wrote...

what do you expect its jezii

I don't know him.
PM Link

Baelish wrote

churupan wrote...

I don't know him.

SURE
PM Link

HalfCreeper wrote

Jezii wrote...

Jezii wrote...

And on the topic of your suggestion. Surival Games is a prime example of a gamemode that hasn't changed in years. Even the maps are often still the same and people only want to play the old maps that they've known for years. And yet SG (across all Minecraft servers) isn't exactly booming is it? "Slowing the bleeding" by changing everything to how it was 2 years ago is going to get Badlion nowhere. If anything they should come up with new gamemodes to will get people interested again.

They built the most succesful competitive Minecraft pvp server, really this thread doesn't come with solutions, even though there is a huge amount of problems.
PM Link
MINECRAFT <3333333333 MUCH FUN
PM Link

GuruDetlef wrote

MINECRAFT <3333333333 MUCH FUN

craft
PM Link
it wont work, you're just blinded by nostalgia

PM Link
‘being one of the original players in the community’ kid shut up
PM Link

Haris wrote

‘being one of the original players in the community’ kid shut up
all you do is talk shit please just stop posting nobody likes you
PM Link

jarecl wrote

Haris wrote...

all you do is talk shit please just stop posting nobody likes you

boo hoo no one from the new shitty community likes me, cry
PM Link

Haris wrote

jarecl wrote...

boo hoo no one from the new shitty community likes me, cry

If it's "new shitty community" why are you in it anymore?
PM Link

HalfCreeper wrote

Jezii wrote...

Jezii wrote...

And on the topic of your suggestion. Surival Games is a prime example of a gamemode that hasn't changed in years. Even the maps are often still the same and people only want to play the old maps that they've known for years. And yet SG (across all Minecraft servers) isn't exactly booming is it? "Slowing the bleeding" by changing everything to how it was 2 years ago is going to get Badlion nowhere. If anything they should come up with new gamemodes to get people interested again.

Couldn't of said it better.
PM Link