Store
Players Online: 61.4k Support Forums Client
Subscribe
Aquatic Treasure or a Sea of Trouble? MC Discussion:
Good day, everyone!

With the recent snapshots pertaining to Minecraft's Aquatic Update, there has certainly been a great deal to look forward to in terms of new content! Fancy water physics, a plethora of world generation options, mysterious structures, and a shiny weapon await Minecraft players in the coming months. However, a video made by an amazing Youtuber, Tenebrous, shows that server developers will have a difficult time making their servers compatible with 1.13 (specifically, servers that allow for 1.7/1.8 compatibility) due to block ID's being changed dramatically compared to how they are currently. I think I can speak for many of us PVPers when I say that this is extremely anxiety inducing. Not only are we separated from the latest versions of Minecraft with the dreaded 1.9 combat mechanics, but it seems we are straying farther away because of Mojang's decisions to do this. I haven't the slightest idea on how to code, but I know that our Devs work extremely hard, and this update is only making it harder for them regarding cross-compatibility.

My colleagues and comrades, I've created this thread because I want to hear your opinions on the future state of Minecraft and where Mojang is taking us. This thread is NOT meant for harboring toxicity of any kind, but rather I want to understand other people's thoughts on this matter. Let ill will walk off the plank, and let's have our thoughts flow through this thread.

勇士
PM Link
It is actually quite simple: Mojang wants to kill PvP and make Minecraft a creative game only. If Mojang wouldn't try so hard to promote Minecraft as a kid's game it would have a way better reputation.
PM Link

Baelish wrote

It is actually quite simple: Mojang wants to kill PvP and make Minecraft a creative game only. If Mojang wouldn't try so hard to promote Minecraft as a kid's game it would have a way better reputation.
PM Link

Baelish wrote

PM Link

Baelish wrote

PM Link