Store
Players Online: 35.2k Support Forums Client
Subscribe
Retired Manager AMA
Oh look another AMA to add to the annoyingly long list of AMA’s! I was one of the only Arena Managers left (before the rank became Network Manager) and I retired earlier this month/towards the end of last month, all on good terms with BL. I was staff when the server peaked at 10k players, I’ve hosted more UHC’s than I ever wanted for some reason, and I can truthfully say I’ve made an impact on Badlion one way or another.

Rules for this are:
-No super personal questions
-Nothing that’s targeted toward making BL look bad
-xIronMatt, known colloquially as [email protected] or -Matt, is free to ask as many questions as he so pleases

Ask away minemen
PM Link
What did you enjoy most as staff and how is it being retired?
PM Link
Why? (essay due for tomorrow)
PM Link
What do you do now a days?

Favorite drink?

Favorite game?

How was it to manage me?

Do you miss moderating?

Opinion?
PM Link
You can pm me your answer to this first question, but what are you expecting in part 2 of infinity war?

favorite ice cream?

what was it like to manage me?

opinion?
PM Link
Opinion?

fav spanish song?
PM Link
opinion
fav song
PM Link

wpc wrote

You can pm me your answer to this first question, but what are you expecting in part 2 of infinity war?

favorite ice cream?

what was it like to manage me? Probably awful lol roaated :vvvvv

opinion?
PM Link
why dont you ever respond to my requests to play playerunknownsbattlegrounds on discord

http://prntscr.com/jc3t6b

onpion
PM Link

HalfCat_ wrote

What did you enjoy most as staff and how is it being retired?

What I enjoyed most as staff was the crazy amount of great people in the staff team. The team has changed since I was first hired but I made a lot of friends that went through the staff ranks with me up until I resigned (For example I was in Luke's senior promotion group, he went on to become the head of Arena/Minigames!). I still keep in touch with a lot of those friends today believe it or not. Being retired is really nice, it's given me more time to focus on things I enjoy rather than spending time on what I started to feel was a chore.
PM Link

churupan wrote

Why? (essay due for tomorrow)

For what reason? For what cause? For what purpose?.. Why? There has never been a one worded question so broad yet so specific in the history of humanity and yet it's existed all along. After months of meditation and focusing my thoughts on the very essence of life, I myself have come to a conclusion… because.
PM Link
Opinion?
PM Link

iron768 wrote

What do you do now a days?
Grind Overwatch and work on achieving my goal of getting into a good UC or CSU school.

Favorite drink?
Water
Favorite game?
Currently, Overwatch. A couple years ago, it was Battlefront. My all time favorite game/game series is Age Of Empires
How was it to manage me?
It was nice, you weren't annoying or inactive like other people I've managed in the past.
Do you miss moderating?
Nope
Opinion?
At first I thought of you as a really shy/quiet person, but since you've opened up to me and our friend group you've been a really funny and chill guy to be around. You were able to prove me wrong for a lot of things on BL, and it's awesome that you were able to get the NA spot for CM back when apps were open!
PM Link

ElvenKing_ wrote

churupan wrote...

For what reason? For what cause? For what purpose?.. Why? There has never been a one worded question so broad yet so specific in the history of humanity and yet it's existed all along. After months of meditation and focusing my thoughts on the very essence of life, I myself have come to a conclusion… because.

no u
PM Link

wpc wrote

Yurp
favorite ice cream?
Cotton Candy
what was it like to manage me?
You were mature and smart enough to figure out quick what you should and shouldn't do, so it was nice not having to baby you 24/7. I still felt like I probably could have done better to mentor/teach you when you first got senior but the past is the past, you still eventually made it to where you are now :P
opinion?
You're a hard worker and very passionate for what you love to do. You've been a good role model/inspiration to everyone you have come in contact with.
PM Link
Why did you decide to retire?

Do you miss being a manager?

Was it stressful managing multiple people at once?

How are you doing after you retired?

What do you play on the computer now that badlion isn't a thing?
PM Link
Coffee or Tea
Donut or Bagel
UHC or Pot
UHC or Soup
Pot or Soup
Hot Dog or Hamburger
Favorite sandwich store chain?
What do you like on your pizza?
Favorite pizza establishment?
How do you like your eggs cooked?
Preferred Soda?
Debuff or No Debuff?
Favorite type of cake
Favorite type of muffin
If you went to Starbucks right now, what would you order
Marvel or DC
Favorite type of juice?
How do you like your burger/steak cooked?
Favorite type of steak?
Favorite color?
Favorite candy?
Biggest pet peeve?
Favorite season (and why)?
Dream vacation location?
Current favorite album?
Do you wake up early or sleep in?
Do you stay up late or go to bed early?
Do you follow sports, if so which sports?
Summer Olympics or Winter Olympics?
What type of phone do you have?
Favorite Steam game?
Favorite type of pie?
Gyazo or Lightshot?
Favorite type of ice cream?
Favorite Movie?
Favorite TV Show?

[email protected] or -Matt ?

Opinion?
PM Link
Best AU?

How's real life?

Opinion?
PM Link
hi elven
PM Link
Is there anything from Badlion you learned that you can apply to real life situations?

What was the most influential event from your time with the server?

Opinion? (It's emogan btw)
PM Link