Store
Players Online: 57.8k Support Forums Client
Subscribe
Borderless Fullscreen Windowed [BLC 2]
For a long time, some of us have had a really annoying problem when switching between fullscreen and windowed mode in Minecraft 1.7 which affects every launcher I've tried so far.

Whenever I go fullscreen on 1.7, my computer crashes for 4 seconds or so causing other programs / apps (Discord, Google, etc) to lag out as well.

After some research, I found that, by modifying JVM arguments on mc launcher, you can have the borderless windowed mode:
(Tbh, I don't know much about what this does but it seems to work)

I haven't found any way of doing this on blc. Could it be implemented as an option in client settings?
PM Link
I think this just removes the border…but doesn't actually make it truly borderless?

We actually have an implementation of borderless coming soon.
PM Link
Well, truly or not, by pressing windows key + up key after that modification it would look like borderless windowed (just like fullscreen) but without that annoying lagspike.

Anyway, it's nice to know you were already working on this.
PM Link

MasterGberry wrote

I think this just removes the border…but doesn't actually make it truly borderless?

nice. small tweaks like this for me, put BLC ahead of CB.
PM Link

MasterGberry wrote

Actually it does- by making it "Undecorated" you can press the windows key and the UP arrow on your keyboard to go into a borderless fullscreen mode.

Greatly appreciate the consideration of this though, for people with multiple monitors this is a nearly necessary feature.
PM Link