Store Up to 20% Off!
Players Online: 57.4k Support Forums Client
Subscribe
. . .
. . .
PM Link
As the drivers of amd and nvidia already include screen recording software, and several other programs already exist too, I don't see a reason for BAC to add the whole infrastructure of codecs, best performance etc. to BAC.

If its possible, some recording software might have an api where bac could add controls ingame, but I honestly don't see a reason. Just remember the keyboard shortcuts.
PM Link
. . .
PM Link

JewishXD wrote

Janmm14 wrote...

Lot of people don't have a dedicated GPU and running an additional screen recorder over minecraft will just lag everything out.

Adding a recorder to BAC won't lag less in those cases.
PM Link
This would be really difficult and probably not worth our time for the number of people that would use it.
PM Link
. . .
PM Link
. . .
PM Link

JewishXD wrote

Janmm14 wrote...

It would since you wouldn't have to open an additional program

Removing the overhead of running an additional program is no magical wand for good recording fps on low-end / old machines.
PM Link
. . .
PM Link

JewishXD wrote

Janmm14 wrote...

You clearly don't have a bad computer or you wouldn't be saying that

Do you have an example game where which does its screen recordig itself and still gives good fps?
PM Link
+1
PM Link
. . .
PM Link

JewishXD wrote

Janmm14 wrote...

I'm just saying, on a shit computer opening another program will only lag and mess up fps even more than having a built in one

And I say recording on a shit computer even with an inbuilt recorder will not give you enough fps for the recording to look ok.

I used to have an i5-2300 (or sth like that, 2nd gen 4x3ghz max) and a gtx 530 oem and I could record minecraft with fullhd (view distance 8 with optifine and maybe some intense graphic options disabled) with external programs which were not shit. And I consider that condiguration not really good. (yes ok i upgraded ram from 4gb inbuilt to 8gb but mc+windows still would leave enough ram free for recording.
PM Link

JewishXD wrote

Janmm14 wrote...

I'm just saying, on a shit computer opening another program will only lag and mess up fps even more than having a built in one

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your point is that if you were to have it inbuilt, you wouldn't have to open the application whereas a separate app would require you to have a second application open. That is without a doubt, one of the stupidest arguments I've ever heard.

No. If you are concerned about opening another application on your computer, your computer will not be able to record. The amount of strain opening another application puts on your computer is practically negligible compared to that of actually recording. If that's the case, you would need a better PC to record.
PM Link
. . .
PM Link
. . .
PM Link