Store
Players Online: 37.3k Support Forums Client
Subscribe
BAC Unban Wave - Happy Holidays

Hey everyone.

First and foremost, Happy Holidays to everyone and I hope many of you are enjoying your time off of school (and the rest of you soon to follow). I have some information to share today about some changes to our BAC ban policies which are now live. Please take a few moments to read below and share with a friend. Thanks!

BAC - Badlion Anticheat

Development of BAC started about 3-4 years ago with an internal project at ESL. We are one of the projects using this anticheat technology, specifically for Minecraft. We have learned a lot working with this client anticheat technology over the past few years, but like with any project, we have also faced many hardships with it. We have some very good systems put together to detect a variety of cheats for Minecraft, but unfortunately not all of them are 100% accurate. We want to remedy this today by changing how we detect cheats and what types of cheats we ban for.

Autoclickers

There are very few cheats that are even compatible with Badlion Client, and the few that do exist are all detected. I want to talk a little bit more about the autoclickers and macros though.

Autoclickers are a simple tool that allow someone to automatically click their mouse at a standard, or random interval. This type of software has been made in the past for people doing mindless tasks such as cookie counter, automated scripting, or other various tasks. One thing most people never thought of using autoclickers for was to try and play Minecraft (at least not at first).

There are many free tools out there that help users to autoclick. The reality is autoclickers do not have that much impact on Minecraft, you are limited as a player by the 20 tick loop system which will only send a click to the server every 50 milliseconds at the fastest time possible. They really don't help a lot, even though many players believe they do. In fact, you can only hit a player in Minecraft once every 500 milliseconds. This means in theory you can hit someone 2 times a second…so if you are clicking 20 times a second, it doesn't really matter since you can only hit someone 2 times a second anyways.

Macros

Similar to autoclickers, macros have historically been punished for use on Badlion Network and the Badlion Client as well. A macro is a simple way to pre-program a series of input keys or mouse clicks by pressing a trigger key on your mouse or keyboard. Today many hardware companies are supporting macro functionality. What has changed in the past 2-3 years more recently, is hardware providers such as Razer, Logitech, ROCCAT, Corsair, etc are starting to add macro instructions directly onto the hardware devices and no longer relying on software on the machine to execute the macro.

New Hardware

I want to explain this last point again in a bit more detail. I recently went out and purchased two new mice with onboard memory to test out the macro systems with. I installed the mouse software on my Windows 10 machine. I programmed each mouse with a simple macro that would click 5 times if I pressed a special side button on the mouse. I then unplugged the mouse from my Windows 10 machine with the special software installed and plugged them into my Mac. I tested the macro…and it worked…it worked on my Mac machine from my Windows machine with 0 mouse software installed. What does this mean? It means the mouse macro is being installed directly onto my mouse!

The Problems

With this new hardware age coming about, and keyboards and mice having macro memory directly installed on them…what are we supposed to do for detection methods? We basically came down to three options:

1) Ban all new devices from being used with the Badlion Client that have this onboard memory
2) Go and develop driver level software to read the memory for each devices being made by the hardware companies and figure out if they have macros installed on the device or not
3) Do nothing and focus on real Minecraft cheats such as kill aura, aimbot, speed hacks, fly hacks, reach hacks, etc.

#1 is not realistic because there are so many devices out there with this now, we would be preventing probably at least 25% of our population from using Badlion Client.
#2 is a very costly option and not very reliable. It would probably take at minimum 1000 man hours to do this, and anytime that a hardware provider decides to change how they are using this onboard memory, we have to go and rewrite out macro detection system to account for it

The Decision

#3 on the other hand…well what other games use autoclickers or macros on a serious cheating level? The answer is little to none. Click speed matters very little in most games…and even in Minecraft it only has so much impact. Things that are more important in Minecraft are:

A) Aim of your mouse
B) Using other items in your fights such as potions, gapples, or fishing rods
C) Coordination with your teammates (for team based games)

How fast you are clicking most of the time doesn't matter. Did you know that you can only hit an enemy once every 500 milliseconds anyways in vanilla Minecraft? In a perfect world, if you have perfect timing/aim, you can click two times a second and always hit your opponent for the maximum number of times per second.

So we could either waste a lot of time and money on developing software that might be outdated every other month due to hardware manufacturer changes, we could just blacklist devices that have this new onboard memory, or we can choose to focus on the real Minecraft cheats such as kill aura, aimbot, speed hacks, fly hacks, reach hacks, etc.

I think it is pretty obvious which option makes the most sense for us here.

Unban Wave - Happy Holidays

Starting today, we will no longer punish users for using autoclickers or macros…because we simply cannot accurately detect them with this new era of hardware with onboard memory coming into play. There are many users who have been using these types of macros for months now that have not been banned because we simply don't have a way to detect it. I am a firm believer in giving everyone an equal chance at success when it comes to a fair playing field, such as competitive Minecraft pvp.

It's not fair that someone can go out and buy a fancier mouse that can give him a very slight advantage on BAC servers and not get detected vs another user who can't afford the fancier mouse. As a result of this logic, we are unbanning all users today that have been banned in the past for autoclicker or macro usage (which as I stated before, is the majority of our bans because most cheats don't work with Badlion Client anyways). Lastly users who were banned from over 4 months ago from are also being given a second chance as well in spirit of the holidays. Consider this a holiday gift to our player base due to the policy changes.

Changes to BAC Servers

Since we are no longer banning for autoclickers or macros as of today, we will be implementing an option into the Badlion Client in BLC 2.4 where servers can limit how many clicks per second you can do on the Badlion Client. By default this option is DISABLED on all servers unless a server specifically turns on the feature. This means by default you are not limited on how many clicks you can do per second.

If you are a server owner and are interested in limiting the number of clicks per second on your server for Badlion Client users, check out this example plugin here: https://github.com/BadlionNetwork/BadlionClientCPSAPI

Conclusion

I hope you learned a few things today about Minecraft, Badlion Client, and how we make decisions around here. This policy change has been something we have been discussing internally for weeks now. We put a lot of thought, effort, and research into our work before we make a decision like this.

Keep an eye out for Badlion Client 2.4, which is right around the corner for the holiday season. Have a wonderful holiday season with your friends and family and I look forward to sharing more awesome Badlion Client updates soon and through 2019!

tl;dr If you were BAC banned for an autoclicker or macro you are now unbanned. We no longer ban for these tools since hardware companies are making it too hard for us to detect them with onboard memory.
PM Link
first
PM Link
glad i stopped playing this trash
PM Link
Eu estava a espera de um novo mod adicionado, mas tudo bem.
PM Link
great choice not to ban autoclickers but I am a bit sceptical about giving a second chance to the players who were banned previously.
the appeal system was nice on Badlion network but I feel like it can be tweaked in some ways that it can translate to Badlion client, here are my suggestions:

-requiring a number of characters and words per appeal
-make the time between the acceptation of the appeal and the actual unban longer than it was on the network

Switching to an "unban wave" system is bad cause players who didn't gave a shit about being unbanned will just cheat again until the next ban wave.

here are my thoughts
PM Link
Ok, this is stupid…

People use auto clickers less for PvP and more for speed bridging. You can god bridge if you use one.
PM Link
Nice!
PM Link
I'm still banned, why?
PM Link
Cool
PM Link
PM Link

No_Skills_ wrote

Ok, this is stupid…

People use auto clickers less for PvP and more for speed bridging. You can god bridge if you use one.

With limited cps it might not be possible.
PM Link
Is Autoclicker banneable for the system?
Pls not..
PM Link
Hey BadlionTeam im Banned from Servers with the BAC but i did not do anything! Ist terrible! I just Played with my Friend POWW! Now im Banned from NeruxVace.net and GommeHD.net?????
PM Link
Hey,

I'm still banned what can I do?
PM Link
The click speed that any autoclicker provides might not be that impactful on it's own, but it most certainly puts a player at a massive advantage while autoclicking primarily because of the fact that it allows you to focus on other things–PvP is only made up of clicking, aiming, and movement. When you remove even one of those things from your focus (clicking) it makes it that much easier to focus on the two for both in combat and inventory management. It's extremely easy to notice the difference between a player's performance before and after auto clicking. Trust me, after fighting Hapis autoclicking on MineHQ tens of times, you get a pretty good feel for it. It becomes so much easier to be more aggressive. Doubt many people will read this, but I thought I'd throw in my view.
PM Link
Question, though: So TECHNICALLY, autoclicking on BAC is now allowed? Are you banning anyone for definitive proof of autoclicking?
PM Link
I am not unbanned whyyyy ?? i was inactiv for a month pls check my ban
PM Link

TakedownQueen wrote

I am not unbanned whyyyy ?? i was inactiv for a month pls check my ban

you will be banned only if you were banned for Marcos or autoclicker
PM Link
Im not unbanned, whyy??
PM Link
yeah i have use macros one time
PM Link