Store Up to 20% Off!
Players Online: 69.7k Support Forums Client
Subscribe
Hiring Badlion Client Devs
Good news everyone! We have grown so much that we are having to look into expanding our team to keep up with the growing demands of Badlion Client! We are looking to hire a few heads to come and join our team on a part time (20 hours a week) or full time basis (independent contractor). We are limiting the applications to people who are 18 or older though, for legality reasons and commitment reasons. Keep reading below to learn a bit more about the position, and make sure to share this news with your friends who might be interested in the position.

Job Description

The developer will be responsible for working on new and existing features on the Badlion Client. The work can very from creating brand new mods, creating cosmetic features for Badlion, fixing bugs on existing features, improving the performance of the client, working on infrastructure of the backend systems, and much more. Someone who is flexible and can complete any task will succeed in this position. The applicant must be flexible as well, as they will most likely be working on a bunch of different things around the Badlion Client and Badlion infrastructure during their time at the company.

If you are applying for a full time position, you will be expected to be working an average of 40 hours a week (there is some flexibility with this). If you are working part time we want you to be working on average 20 hours a week (make sure you are doing your school work!!!).

Qualifications

Applicants when applying for this position should have the following qualifications as a minimum:

• 2+ Years of Java development
  • 6+ Months of Minecraft Client modding (Forge, MCP, etc)
  • Knowledge of Git
  • 18 Years or Older
  • Flexible with time zones (we have people in NA and EU)
  • Being a team member
  • Good communication skills

• The following qualifications are an added bonus and will raise the chances of succeeding in the position:

• Understanding of the Minecraft protocol
  • Any OpenGL knowledge
  • Any Bukkit/Spigot Knowledge
  • Any SQL knowledge
  • Any NMS knowledge
  • Python 2.7 Knowledge
  • Knowledge of Maven
  • Knowledge of DynamoDB
  • Knowledge of Redis
  • Knowledge of UNIX/Linux
  • Knowledge of HTTP
  • Knowledge of building multi-threaded systems
  • Knowledge of building API systems
  • Knowledge of RPC protocols like gRPC or Thrift

• How to submit application

To submit your application please send all of the above information along with any resume or cv that you have to (jobs.teo [at] eslgaming [dot] com) with the email topic being "Full Time BLC Developer Application" or "Part Time BLC Developer Application".

We will be looking to start interviews in the coming weeks, probably leading into the start of 2020.

Good luck to all applicants :)
    PM Link
    Just sent in an application. Good luck to everyone else.
    PM Link
    Good luck. Client is growing so much. 2 applications in like 2 months GG and GL
    PM Link
    I'm looking into becoming a Developer in something as big as Baldion Client. But I'm 16. So I'd need to wait 1 year and 5 months (April 2nd)
    PM Link
    goodluck!
    PM Link
    hello i am sadly not good enough for this position i dont meet the age reqs or any other i am just a badlion user and i would like to give you advice for a mod you should add the mod's name is Hypixel Quickplay so u can access to the games much faster u just click r and you can choose the game you want to play you can also check that on Sk1er's youtube channel and i am thinking if u have any ppl that would like to teach younger ppl how to program in (java,phyton,…) i always wanted to learn that but its hard to do it on yt bcs i personaly dont know which video should i choose. thanks for reading this! hope you get enough ppl that would work for you! if u need any help for mods that would be cool having on hypixel fell free to contact me on discord: InfinityDog#3749 or pm me on the forums! thank
    PM Link
    Ooh
    PM Link
    Just found this thread while looking on the website for some memories. I'm really interested in this job and will definitely submit an application. Good luck to all other applicants!
    PM Link