Store
Players Online: 63.7k Support Forums Client
Subscribe
Hiring Badlion Client Devs

EDIT: Job applications are currently closed.

Hey everyone.

We are looking to hire an additional developer full time (40 hours a week) or some part time (20 hours a week) developers to join our team. Just putting out there from the start, we are ideally looking for a full time dev, but depending on the applications might be ok with several part time developers in place of a full time developer.

We are limiting the applications to people who are 18 or older though, for legality reasons and commitment reasons. Keep reading below to learn a bit more about the position, and make sure to share this news with your friends who might be interested in the position.

Job Description

The developer will be responsible for working on new and existing features on the Badlion Client. The work can very from creating brand new mods, creating cosmetic features for Badlion, fixing bugs on existing features, improving the performance of the client, working on infrastructure of the backend systems, and much more. Someone who is flexible and can complete any task will succeed in this position. The applicant must be flexible as well, as they will most likely be working on a bunch of different things around the Badlion Client and Badlion infrastructure during their time at the company.

If you are applying for a full time position, you will be expected to be working an average of 40 hours a week (there is some flexibility with this). If you are working part time we want you to be working on average 20 hours a week (make sure you are doing your school work!!!).

Qualifications

Applicants when applying for this position should have the following qualifications as a minimum:

• 2+ Years of Java development
  • 6+ Months of Minecraft Client modding (Forge, MCP, etc)
  • Knowledge of Git
  • 18 Years or Older
  • Flexible with time zones (we have people in NA and EU)
  • Being a team member
  • Good communication skills

• The following qualifications are an added bonus and will raise the chances of succeeding in the position:

• Understanding of the Minecraft protocol
  • Any OpenGL knowledge
  • Any Bukkit/Spigot Knowledge
  • Any SQL knowledge
  • Any NMS knowledge
  • Python 2.7 Knowledge
  • Knowledge of Maven
  • Knowledge of DynamoDB
  • Knowledge of Redis
  • Knowledge of UNIX/Linux
  • Knowledge of HTTP
  • Knowledge of building multi-threaded systems
  • Knowledge of building API systems
  • Knowledge of RPC protocols like gRPC or Thrift

• How to submit application

To submit your application please send all of the above information along with any resume or cv that you have to [redacted, see note above] with the email topic being "Full Time BLC Developer Application" or "Part Time BLC Developer Application".

We will be looking to start interviews in the coming weeks.

Good luck to all applicants :)
    PM Link
    Looks amazing, I'll be applying!
    PM Link
    Good luck to all applicant!
    PM Link
    Sadly, I don't have the minimum requirements :( Good luck in applying! Btw pls add more boost fps :) Appreciate it! Luv the badlion client so keep up the good work <3 :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PM Link
    Well, I don't think I have half of the understanding of Git either for java Developing or any of the Qualifications,
    I do know one person that might have an interest in that kind of felid… But anyways good luck for Who is applying for it.
    And Great Work on the Client Staff!! it has came a pretty good way From Where the client has started…
    PM Link
    Good luck to those applying ! Can't wait for new members for our dev team so we can get even better updates :).
    PM Link
    sadly i can't apply i'm only 12 but, pls add an heart indicator so u can see other peoples hearts :D
    PM Link

JesperRathsach wrote

sadly i can't apply i'm only 12 but, pls add an heart indicator so u can see other peoples hearts :D

This most likely will not be added as it will be too much of an advantage,
    PM Link
    Good luck to any applicants!
    PM Link
    I'm pretty sure I'm overqualified. :P
    PM Link
    I am 13, and obviously can't apply, but looking forward this is something I want to do with my life. What can I do to start working on my Java skills? And, yes, I know Java.
    PM Link
    What is your guy's hourly wage?
    PM Link
    cant wait for the epic updates
    PM Link

y9p wrote

I am 13, and obviously can't apply, but looking forward this is something I want to do with my life. What can I do to start working on my Java skills? And, yes, I know Java.

Pick little fun side projects to program :)

This is the easiest thing to do, Minecraft offers a lot of opportunity to try and do cool things with Java.
    PM Link
    I really want to join but i cant because im 12 but i have a understanding of some of the coding
    PM Link
    I wish i was 18…
    and had modding experience.
    PM Link
    same here.
    PM Link
    I hope there will be open positions next year so I can apply. Well, at least I can put more work into GitHub :)
    PM Link
    Mememe
    PM Link
    Can't wait :)
    PM Link
    Thread is locked