Store
Players Online: 56.4k Support Forums Client
Subscribe
Hiring Java Developers

Hey everyone.

Thanks to all of the recent growth of Badlion Client (we have grown over double in the last 3 months thanks to all of you!) we are now looking to expand our Development team further again! We are looking for some additional talent to join our team at either a full time rate (~40 hours a week) or a part time rate (~20 hours a week). We have two different job positions open below, so check them both out!

We are limiting the applications to people who are 16 or older though, for legality reasons and commitment reasons. Keep reading below to learn a bit more about the position, and make sure to share this news with your friends who might be interested in the position.

Backend Microservices Developer

Job Description

The developer will be responsible for working on new and existing microservices in our backend ecosystem. Examples of some of our existing microservices include: a registration system, authentication system, versioning system, cosmetics system, etc. All of these microservices are written in Java, and most of them interact with other microservices, proxies, caches, and databases. For someone to succeed in this position, they must have experience already working with microservices, must be able to write well documented and tested code, and be able to build applications to scale. Many of our microservices have multiple copies running in the cloud (hosted by AWS) which need to be able to synchronize data between them quite often. This developer will also work with our cloud infrastructure in a devops role as well (AWS again), so they should already have experience working in the cloud with systems such as EC2, ELB, RDS, DynamoDB, SES, SNS, SQS, etc.

If you are applying for a full time position, you will be expected to be working an average of 40 hours a week (there is some flexibility with this). If you are working part time we want you to be working on average 20 hours a week (make sure you are doing your school work!!!).

Qualifications

Applicants when applying for this position should have the following qualifications as a minimum:

• 2+ Years of Java development
  • 1+ Years of Microservice development
  • 1+ Years of Database experience (Postgres preferred)
  • 6+ Months of AWS experience (or similar cloud solutions)
  • Knowledge of Git
  • 16 Years or Older
  • Flexible with time zones (we have people in NA and EU)
  • Being a team member
  • Good communication skills

• The following qualifications are an added bonus and will raise the chances of succeeding in the position:

• Any NMS knowledge
  • Python Knowledge
  • Knowledge of Maven
  • Knowledge of AWS
  • Knowledge of Caching systems (such as Redis, Elasticache, etc)
  • Knowledge of UNIX/Linux
  • Knowledge of building multi-threaded systems
  • Knowledge of building API systems
  • Knowledge of RPC protocols like gRPC or Thrift

• How to submit application

EDIT: This job position is now closed.

To submit your application please send all of the above information along with any resume or cv that you have to -redacted- with the email topic being "Full Time Backend Microservices Developer Application" or "Part Time Backend Microservices Developer Application".

We will be looking to start interviews in the coming weeks.

Good luck to all applicants :)

Minecraft Client Developer

Job Description

The developer will be responsible for working on new and existing features on the Badlion Client. The work can very from creating brand new mods, creating cosmetic features for Badlion, fixing bugs on existing features, improving the performance of the client, working on infrastructure of the backend systems, and much more. Someone who is flexible and can complete any task will succeed in this position. The applicant must be flexible as well, as they will most likely be working on a bunch of different things around the Badlion Client and Badlion infrastructure during their time at the company.

If you are applying for a full time position, you will be expected to be working an average of 40 hours a week (there is some flexibility with this). If you are working part time we want you to be working on average 20 hours a week (make sure you are doing your school work!!!).

Qualifications

Applicants when applying for this position should have the following qualifications as a minimum:

• 2+ Years of Java development
  • 6+ Months of Minecraft Client modding (Forge, MCP, etc)
  • Knowledge of Git
  • 16 Years or Older
  • Flexible with time zones (we have people in NA and EU)
  • Being a team member
  • Good communication skills

• The following qualifications are an added bonus and will raise the chances of succeeding in the position:

• Understanding of the Minecraft protocol
  • Any OpenGL knowledge
  • Any Bukkit/Spigot Knowledge
  • Any SQL knowledge
  • Any NMS knowledge
  • Python 2.7 Knowledge
  • Knowledge of Maven
  • Knowledge of DynamoDB
  • Knowledge of Redis
  • Knowledge of UNIX/Linux
  • Knowledge of HTTP
  • Knowledge of building multi-threaded systems
  • Knowledge of building API systems
  • Knowledge of RPC protocols like gRPC or Thrift

• How to submit application

To submit your application please send all of the above information along with any resume or cv that you have to jobs [dot] teo [at] eslgaming [dot] com with the email topic being "Full Time BLC Developer Application" or "Part Time BLC Developer Application".

We will be looking to start interviews in the coming weeks.

Good luck to all applicants :)
    PM Link
    Poggers! Always glad to see more development!
    PM Link
    Nice
    PM Link
    Goodluck everyone!
    PM Link
    Good luck to everyone applying. I like this continuous circle of good devs = new features = more players = more devs :D
    PM Link
    To which email can I send my CV?
    I am very interested in applying to the job of "Full Time Backend Microservices Developer Application"
    PM Link

Rigby_CR wrote

To which email can I send my CV?
    I am very interested in applying to the job of "Full Time Backend Microservices Developer Application"

[email protected]
    PM Link
    pog
    PM Link
    happy to see that badlion community is getting bigger and bigger, good luck to everyone applying
    PM Link
    Hi, is there an estimated date on when we will receive answers about our applications?
    PM Link
    Just learned java, was excited, realized it required experience, was less excited.
    PM Link
    i am really happy that badlion is the best client ever
    PM Link
    add oof mod on 1.8.9 plss
    PM Link
    Good luck!
    PM Link
    Hi! I wanna know if there's some sort of email confirmation. I've sent my application some weeks ago and I didn't receive any answer or confirmation, or even if I was rejected. Thanks in advance!
    PM Link
    Good luck all.
    PM Link
    Good luck to those who apply
    PM Link