Store
Players Online: 56.8k Support Forums Client
Subscribe
Any tips for applying for UHC host?
Hi!

So I'm interested in becoming a UHC host on the Badlion servers. I have applied already a few days ago but I think my chances are slim, considering I have no experience of hosting at all. However, it was on my mind to gain experience through hosting some Reddit UHC's, and maybe some day I could apply again. So, does anyone have any tips for the application to increase my chances? It'd be nice if a host replied but anyone can help out! You can say whatever but here are some questions that have come to my mind:

How important is it to have experience? (Guessing it's very important.)
How detailed should the application be? Quality > quantity?
Is it important to be able to record as they ask "Can you record" in the format?
Do I have to follow the format strictly or can I tell something about myself as well?

I'll edit this if something else comes to my mind. Thanks for reading and commenting!

Ylijumala
PM Link

Ylijumala wrote

Hi!

So I'm interested in becoming a UHC host on the Badlion servers. I have applied already a few days ago but I think my chances are slim, considering I have no experience of hosting at all. However, it was on my mind to gain experience through hosting some Reddit UHC's, and maybe some day I could apply again. So, does anyone have any tips for the application to increase my chances? It'd be nice if a host replied but anyone can help out! You can say whatever but here are some questions that have come to my mind:

How important is it to have experience? (Guessing it's very important.)
How detailed should the application be? Quality > quantity?
Is it important to be able to record as they ask "Can you record" in the format?
Do I have to follow the format strictly or can I tell something about myself as well?

I'll edit this if something else comes to my mind. Thanks for reading and commenting!

Ylijumala

1. You pretty much need to be able to record

2. I recommend you host some on Reddit / Twitter and get some experience, it will help out a lot :)

3. Make your application quality, and quantity.

4. You have to follow the format, and you can also add extra stuff at the end.

Good luck!
PM Link
Thanks for replying! Why is it important to be able to record though? And does it have to be in good quality? Do I have to record live? So many questions. :D
PM Link

Ylijumala wrote

Thanks for replying! Why is it important to be able to record though? And does it have to be in good quality? Do I have to record live? So many questions. :D

It's important to record cause if you gonna host, and there is some fly hacker, and you gonna ban him, and then you recording him, and then he say that he never flew, you got no proof.
PM Link
It doesnt have to be that good quality, but you need to be able to see whats happening. And no, you doesnt have to record live. :)
PM Link
Oh okay, thanks! I can record, no problem. ^_^
PM Link
also honesty is a good thing
PM Link

Ylijumala wrote

You need to be able to record hackers. If they're a donator, you need evidence that they were hacking to get them banned.
PM Link
Honestly LOOK AT YOUR OLD APP look at every little thing you messed up in your old one and read it top to bottom. Anything that hinders your chances try to fix yourself. Suppose you said you can't record
Download a recording software. Most important as @Thnk said be honest. Dats it
PM Link

PersonKool wrote

Honestly LOOK AT YOUR OLD APP look at every little thing you messed up in your old one and read it top to bottom. Anything that hinders your chances try to fix yourself. Suppose you said you can't record
Download a recording software. Most important as @Thnk said be honest. Dats it
yeah… I looked at my app and I already saw 900 things wrong
PM Link
personkool what do you use to record?
PM Link
@Cheatoh
PM Link

13thedude wrote

Ylijumala wrote...

You need to be able to record hackers. If they're a donator, you need evidence that they were hacking to get them banned.

Wait are you saying staff only need evidence to ban donors or are you using the word donator as example
@13thedude
PM Link

Tredawg2002 wrote

13thedude wrote...

Wait are you saying staff only need evidence to ban donors or are you using the word donator as example
@13thedude
You need evidence for everyone, but I'd not worry about punishments until if you get accepted
PM Link

DatcashmoneyYT wrote

personkool what do you use to record?

Action. Easiest for computer noobs like me
PM Link

PersonKool wrote

Tredawg2002 wrote...

You need evidence for everyone, but I'd not worry about punishments until if you get accepted

You don't need evidence for everyone
PM Link

Tredawg2002 wrote

13thedude wrote...

@13thedude

You only need evidence for donors, yes
PM Link
All UHC Hosts need evidence for EVERY person they mute or ban. That evidence can be produced in multiple of different ways.

But as previously said, I wouldn't matter on that factor until you do get hired. Personally I agree with the comments stated above.
PM Link
Thanks for the replies! Too bad I have to wait 2 months to apply again but I guess I'll just gain some experience in the meanwhile.
PM Link