Store
Subscribe
F3 and A Abusing
Recently I have found lots of ban reports for 'F3 and A Abuse'.

I think there is some sort of confusion between what is abuse and what isn't…
There is a clear distinction.

https://www.badlion.net/forum/thread/83182

People are reporting famous players to try and have their own five minutes of fame and are supposedly 'helping out the community' and the report I have linked is more funny than anything else. The fact that only streamers and highlight-makers can be caught is also a bit of a flaw and of course they shouldn't be encouraging it but I think the amount of reports I have seen for little to no evidence is ridiculous.

I don't even make highlights or stream so I am in no way biased but I find this to be more negative than positive for the community…

The only solution I have is a sort of minimal punishment for people going out of their way to try and incriminate someone for almost no reason but that seems very flawed

And I'd like to hear what other people think and if they even think this is a problem

Many thanks (Hopefully this wasn't too much of a rant)
FAH
PM Link
It is against the rules, and although we can't necessarily catch everybody, if there's evidence of somebody doing it, why wouldn't we punish?
PM Link

Hivlik wrote

It is against the rules, and although we can't necessarily catch everybody, if there's evidence of somebody doing it, why wouldn't we punish?

It's the same reason why they started to allow ban evading. The well known players got punished, the lesser known players didn't. Obviously ideally no-one would break the rule but it isn't fair that only a select group of people can be punished for it.
PM Link

Entranced wrote

Hivlik wrote...

It's the same reason why they started to allow ban evading. The well known players got punished, the lesser known players didn't. Obviously ideally no-one would break the rule but it isn't fair that only a select group of people can be punished for it.

Obviously well known players will get more attention when they break the rules. That is logical and entirely unavoidable. If a 1400 elo manipulates 10 matches against his alt vs. a top of the ladder player, who is more likely to get caught?

Either way, if a player's dumb enough to include himself cheating in his content, he deserves to be punished.
PM Link
Are you not allowed to F3a just once like Chanse did in that vid?
PM Link