Store
Players Online: 62.2k Support Forums Client
Subscribe
UHC FFA Improvements (ArenaPVP - not Practice)
What's good?

Today I bring to you all a proposal to improve the longevity of players on the UHC FFA. The problem lies in the problem that the gamemode gets pretty stale after a certain amount of time for everyone. The same kits, the same loot benefits, etc. To address this, the first thing I'd like to propose is kill streak perks.

What happens when you progress through a UHC game? You get more gear. You get more powerful bows, more miscellaneous items (enderpearls), better armor, etc.

This is exactly what I propose for UHC FFA. As you get a higher kill streak, you get better gear. Some things I thought of as a baseline:

3 kill streak - Power II applied to the bow
6 kill streak - Receive one enderpearl
9 kill streak - Receive a diamond helmet
12 kill streak - Receive diamond sword (Sharpness I)
15 kill streak - Receive diamond chestplate
18 kill streak - Receive diamond boots
21 kill streak - Receive diamond leggings
24 kill streak - Receive sharpness II to the diamond sword

As people get a higher kill streak, they become more and more of a target. Thus they would have to get more gear to have a chance at killing the swarms of people that would kill them.

The only potential problem with this is the possibility of people farming to get better gear - I'm fairly positive that the non-stop action of the arena would keep that from happening. Obviously these people would be reported and punished as well.

The second idea I have to make UHC FFA more fun is… to add a nether portal. The nether can be a huge part of an UHC game as people go into it to get XP and hide. Add a closed off 200x200 arena or so in the nether that looks similar to the vanilla nether.

Would love to hear any feedback :^}
PM Link
PM Link
I like the concept, but these boosts are too OP.

PM Link

Unwise wrote

I like the concept, but these boosts are too OP.

BlueGuyARed wrote

Some things I thought of as a baseline:

Baseline = not what would actually be implemented
PM Link

BlueGuyARed wrote

Unwise wrote...

BlueGuyARed wrote...

Baseline = not what would actually be implemented

Then what would be actually implemented?
PM Link

Unwise wrote

Then what would be actually implemented?

Not sure. The point of this thread was to discuss it - get feedback. See what everyone wanted and didn't want.
PM Link
I like the idea and thought about it already aswell.

I just think your list of what people get should be changed.
PM Link
+1
PM Link

DerRevilos wrote

I like the idea and thought about it already aswell.

I just think your list of what people get should be changed.

To what?
PM Link
PM Link

MeMyselfAndCube wrote

May I ask why? Is there something you think would improve this system (changing the loot), or are you against the idea itself?

P.S. It is not at all helpful to just say -1 or +1 without giving any reasoning. If that's all your going to do, don't reply. This isn't a poll. This is a suggestion thread where I propose something to the community/development team. Thanks.
PM Link

BlueGuyARed wrote

MeMyselfAndCube wrote...

May I ask why? Is there something you think would improve this system (changing the loot), or are you against the idea itself?

P.S. It is not at all helpful to just say -1 or +1 without giving any reasoning. If that's all your going to do, don't reply. This isn't a poll. This is a suggestion thread where I propose something to the community/development team. Thanks.
too OP
PM Link
Here's a question: how can you give bonuses for killstreaks without unbalancing the game and making it unfair for other players?

If you can find a way to do so, I'll be in favor of it.
PM Link

Unwise wrote

Here's a question: how can you give bonuses for killstreaks without unbalancing the game and making it unfair for other players?

Two reasons, firstly the fact that as more people get more gear, they will be targeted more. Just a simple point of reality.

Secondly, this isn't supposed to make everything a completely fair fight. An FFA server should make sure people START with similiar gear (which this system does; since you lose all your stuff when your kill streak is ended).
PM Link

Unwise wrote

As you get more kills, it's logical that you should get better gear to reward you.
PM Link
+1
PM Link