Store
Players Online: 53.0k Support Forums Client
Subscribe
My Thoughts on SG 2.0
I'm gonna get this off at the start and say that I really like SG 2. It's brought really good changes that help make SG better conceptually. It's got me actually enjoying SG, having been bored from it for a long time. However, theres still a few tweaks I would like to see added sometime in the near future:

- More airdrop locations. If you play on the same map a couple of times you can remember exactly where the airdrops are going to be, which influences the game more than it should. Competitively this also makes games more predictable since you're gonna huddle around the same area for a while. I think you should have a minimum of 3 airdrop locations, with 4-5 being ideal for each map. This would just make things more fair and balanced imo. EDIT: I'm stupid, this is already a thing
- Team of 2 either needs to be changed or removed entirely. It's too difficult to join compared to other servers; most players dont want to create a party with friends in order to join. Teams should be picked randomly so as to have less barrier of entry for players
- Dead corpses need to be changed or completely removed. It can be really confusing when you think you see a player, but its actually just a dead person. It adds an unnecessary challenge and just makes things annoying imo, not to mention it looks off when a body is lying flat and floating 2 blocks in the air.
- Rejoin queue would be nice to see readded, that was one of my favorite parts of Sg 1. When you die, having to go to the lobby again is kinda annoying, it would be nice to spec a game while you wait for the queue to fill up
- Spectators chat should be visible when the game ends, so spectators and players can chat back and forth for a few seconds before getting warped to a lobby
The rest is great!
PM Link
corpses? teams? airdrops? is badlion sg turning into mingle sg?
PM Link

Reddy23 wrote

corpses? teams? airdrops? is badlion sg turning into mingle sg?
Haven't played mingle SG so I can't say. The current sg is still more competitive than before though imo
PM Link
To be honest I haven't played much SG 2.0 but from what I have played:
The ranking matchmaking system should me much quicker, one advantage I personally have to Badlion compared to MCSG is that I can esily hop in and out of games within second. However now I feel even with hundreds of people in the server it takes a long time to be put in a match

Most of the deathmatch arenas seem very small to me and don't give much room to run and heal after a kill. However the idea of having a built in border for each map is clever however I think should have a larger radius on most maps. eg. Par 72
PM Link

JusserBuilds wrote

Reddy23 wrote...

Haven't played mingle SG so I can't say. The current sg is still more competitive than before though imo
i meant Mineplex xD
PM Link

Reddy23 wrote

JusserBuilds wrote...

i meant Mineplex xD

Ah, I see. To that I say,

Archybot wrote

Several servers do supply drops, and the supply drop ideas came from other games. The only reason supply drops are in are
1. To stop the stalemates that happen in clan wars
2. To encourage PvP when the PvP usually starts to slow down. By giving a new objective, it forces the focus of the match to draw players in (just like refill focuses people back into common chest routes/middle)
We are also the first server, afaik, to force you to break open the supply drop, which means you can just loot/run.
PM Link
To be honest the current SG 2 is a COMPLETE RIP-OFF FROM MINEPLEX.
Airdrops - OP AF not including the selection chest that is also OP AF. (I was iron helm iron boots chain leggings and chest, and then I opened the godly airdrop, Full Iron with dia sword)
Dead bodies - Easily people can think it is a player and when they are undergeared they need to change routes, because they don't want to fight. (but guess what they don't know chest routes cause of the new maps)
And cobweb - I rather a second FNS, than a cobweb. (this is pvp server not minegame server)
(All the stuff above has only seen in Mineplex (except the cobweb))

The new SG 2 feel more like minigame server SG, than a PVP server SG.
And there is a lot of stuffs that make the new SG 2 bad, I rather and I think a lot of people will agree with me that the old SG was much better.
PM Link

Krotex wrote

To be honest the current SG 2 is a COMPLETE RIP-OFF FROM MINEPLEX.
Airdrops - OP AF not including the selection chest that is also OP AF. (I was iron helm iron boots chain leggings and chest, and then I opened the godly airdrop, Full Iron with dia sword)
Dead bodies - Easily people can think it is a player and when they are undergeared they need to change routes, because they don't want to fight. (but guess what they don't know chest routes cause of the new maps)
And cobweb - I rather a second FNS, than a cobweb. (this is pvp server not minegame server)
(All the stuff above has only seen in Mineplex (except the cobweb))

The new SG 2 feel more like minigame server SG, than a PVP server SG.
And there is a lot of stuffs that make the new SG 2 bad, I rather and I think a lot of people will agree with me that the old SG was much better.

I agree on the airdrop gear somewhat, but cobwebs should stay in my opinion
PM Link
I agree with you in all points. A random To2 queue would be awsome. All the other stuff you wrote are exactly my minds.

But the thing with dead bidys got fixed. You cant see their nametags anymore.
PM Link
Airdrops still might be too OP, haven't decided yet. The only item that doesn't exist in T2 that exists in airdrop is a diamond sword, and that's easy enough to get with 2 diamonds. A lot of fixes went out today, including nametags on dead bodies disappearing
PM Link

Archybot wrote

Airdrops still might be too OP, haven't decided yet. The only item that doesn't exist in T2 that exists in airdrop is a diamond sword, and that's easy enough to get with 2 diamonds. A lot of fixes went out today, including nametags on dead bodies disappearing

Perhaps you could put less weapons in the air drops and put healing in them as a result, or short splash pots, etc?
PM Link