Server IP:
PREMIUM
UHC Meetup 2.0 & SG 2.1 & Rating/stat changes + more
Hello Badlion players. Tonight we are in the process of committing a huge update to Badlion Open minigame servers. Lets just get right into the change logs.

UHC Meetup 2.0
  • A new season has started in UHC Meetup which means stats have been reset!
  • Wool server selectors have returned in place of the queue.
  • Players now start with a randomized kit. From basic math, there are an estimated 71 million types of kit loadouts, so you should hardly ever see the exact same combination.
  • Ratings have now been introduced into UHC meetup.
  • When a game turns to countdown mode, a message is sent to all arena lobbies and bungee lobbies that can be clicked on to join by other players.
  • Stats/ratings can now be hidden in pregame and postgame(spectator) menus for UHC Meetup.
  • Gamemodes have been added to UHC Meetup. During countdown you will automatically be asked to vote for a gamemode, or you can use /vote to open the menu also. If a gamemode receives enough votes, it will become live. Max amount of gamemodes allowed to be active is two.
  • Rerolls have been added. D/D+ receive 1 free daily, while Lions and higher receive 2 free daily. What this does is allows a full re-randomization of what you spawned with. Can only be used during countdown. WARNING: you might receive something you feel is worse by doing this. You can also win rerolls by winning a game, but they must be used before the daily reset.
  • Force start has been added for smaller regions and low peak times. This allows games to be started with 6-11 players instead of the recommended 12+. You can vote to force start by right clicking the force start paper in your hotbar. This requires most of the server to vote for it to go active.
  • Borders now shrink at 8 players left or 10 minutes for 50x50, and 4 players left or 15 minutes for 25x25.
  • At 25 minutes, players will start receiving random damage if the game is still live.
  • 1.8 borders now show for people using 1.8 or a newer version.
  • Teaming is not allowed in UHCMeetup. If players request it enough, we might add teamgames later.

• Survival Games 2.1
  • A new season has started in Survival Games which means both ratings and stats have been reset!
  • Wool server selectors have returned in place of the queue.
  • Voting has returned. Donator ranks receive more votes depending on there level. The way voting works now is everyone's votes get counted then it does it based on percentage voting, which means the more votes a map gets, the better chance it gets of being selected. This also means that lesser played maps might sometimes get randomized in.
  • FFA and To2 have been re-merged together into a single game type, which is FFA. FFA now allows teaming up to a team limit of 2 - if you are caught teaming with more then another person at a time you will ALL receive punishments.
  • A new rating algorithm which will reward doing more actions in game over people who do nothing has gone live. Place hardly matters now, it's what you did and did not do in the game that matters. Also slows the progression of people who team while rewarding soloing and the occasional truce.
  • Scoreboard has been slightly redone to show more data you care about and less you don't.

• CTF
  • When a game turns to countdown mode, a message is sent to all arena lobbies and bungee lobbies that can be clicked on to join by other players.
  • Games now only require 1 person per team to start.

• Arena Lobbies
  • Events item (gold sword) has been replaced with Minigames (diamond) which now opens a menu for SG, UHCM, and CTF gamemodes.
  • CTF and UHCM game starts are announced in the lobbies (including bungee lobbies).

• Rating and stat changes
  • Stats and ratings in UHCM, SG, and CTF are now based on the region they were played on. This means you have a separate rating and stats for each region (which means you can have four different ratings for SG). This will be moving onto all Arena S15 and UHC6, and all future gamemodes. No longer do you have to be afraid on playing on other regions for fear of messing up your main server stats/ratings. NOTE: this does mean you might be on the leaderboards more then once if you have multiple regions with high ratings/stats.

• Infrastructure
  • Website changes for the above will be going live tomorrow.
  • There have been several server spawner changes which should make new server spawn faster and easier.
  • There have been updates to the database which should make servers not lose connection to the database anymore unless the database goes down, and now the database will auto reconnect and re-execute failed queries when it turns back on (this is BIG for AU stability).

• With all infrastructure changes, there might be some instability for the next day or so. This is required because once these bugs are fixed, the new systems will make Badlion a lot more stable and less downtime issues. Also we will be throwing a lot of work into Arena Season 15 and UHC 6.0 (and MiniUHC) once these are completely bug free and ready to go. And of course, premium is coming faster then you know it.

We recommend you try all the gamemode changes, and of course thanks for playing Badlion!
    Link PM
    Ohhhhh this is hype. I'm gonna be sweating this a lot lol
    Link PM
    Glad to see some cool ideas being implemented.
    Link PM
    HYPE!
    Link PM
    Great changes!
    Link PM
    pogchamp
    Link PM
    Hypeeee
    Link PM
    Very excited to play uhc meetup 2.0 :)
    Link PM
    thats cool, it is so weird that my stats in sg said it is hidden even though i played a lot of matches
    Link PM

GiveMeMasters wrote

thats cool, it is so weird that my stats in sg said it is hidden even though i played a lot of matches

Thats probably because you turned them off.
    Link PM
    Nice changes
    Link PM
    HYPE!
    Link PM
    Will arena have separate ratings for each region or does this only apply for sg, UHC Meetup and CTF
    Link PM

_Happykitten_ wrote

Will arena have separate ratings for each region or does this only apply for sg, UHC Meetup and CTF

Season 15 will have seperate ratings, one for each region. That means you'll have an AU, EU, SA, and NA global, build, archer, etc
    Link PM

Archybot wrote

• Voting has returned. Donator ranks receive more votes depending on there level.

• What are the votes per donor rank?
    Link PM
    @Archybot pls reply my appeal in my second account Gonza_vV14 plssss
    Link PM
    All aboard on the hypetrain!
    Link PM
    Nice! Meetup 2.0 was awesome! I was very surprised to see it out and running on AU first before NA or EU as they are the main servers.
    Only issue now in meetup is my fps lol
    Link PM

iPepsi wrote

All aboard on the hypetrain!
    Link PM
    Can't wait!
    Link PM