Store
Subscribe
what the fuck is going on with badlion
https://gyazo.com/f700b55e40d99c4eca307849d271bb2f
https://gyazo.com/4c3ab904d25e6b4ce76d1d201457fff7

What the fuck is going on here?
Not only that bug, but the fact that NoDebuff is laggier than ever now and had like no players.
I know all of the development is going towards premium, but shit pay attention to open and potpvp aswell
You MERGED with kohi. You didn't just buy it and turn it off.
You have the PotPvP community and UHC community both. Please respect it and stop putting all of your fucking work towards something 90+ % of players aren't going to buy.
PM Link
1. You should really specify what you're saying is a bug instead of leaving people to speculate.
2. NoDebuff isn't laggy and it's always had a small playerbase.
3. Yeah they did merge with kohi, that's why there is cubecore, vault battles, and depending on the poll badlion ran a couple weeks back more work going into kohi gamemodes.
4. Your last sentence, it really made me laugh.
PM Link
The bug is obvious. Did you not see the negative player count in the screenshot?
Also, it says there are 1200 players online, but in reality about 90 in arena, when usually like 80% of the players are in arena.
Plus, pots in nodebuff are shit. I don't care what the fuck anyone says about "Pot Velocity"
If I throw a pot and it registers 0.5 to 1 second after I throw it, there's a problem.
PM Link
Automatically Deleted
PM Link
Still doesn't account for me getting "EZ" messages after quickdropping due to my pots not registering at all.
PM Link

ImHaxing wrote

The bug is obvious. Did you not see the negative player count in the screenshot?
Also, it says there are 1200 players online, but in reality about 90 in arena, when usually like 80% of the players are in arena.
Plus, pots in nodebuff are shit. I don't care what the fuck anyone says about "Pot Velocity"
If I throw a pot and it registers 0.5 to 1 second after I throw it, there's a problem.

1. With you not specifying you're talking about the negative playercount (a known bug that I believe is fixed in s15) for all anybody else knows you couldve been talking about how in the lobby it shows one amount but in the arena lobby it shows a different amount.

2. It only shows the players in the specific arena lobby you are on, not the whole arena system.

3. l o l
PM Link
@Vaxd There isn't any point arguing with him because he won't listen. Thinking that 90%+ of people won't buy premium is funny though
PM Link

Ads_ wrote

@Vaxd There isn't any point arguing with him because he won't listen. Thinking that 90%+ of people won't buy premium is funny though

We'll see in 6 months I guess
PM Link
Automatically Deleted
PM Link
Automatically Deleted
PM Link

Ads_ wrote

considering a tiny fraction of badlion has even bought donator (which is considerably less expensive in the long run), hoping that over 90 percent of the server's players will purchase premium is exceptionally foolish
PM Link

Unshift wrote

Ads_ wrote...

considering a tiny fraction of badlion has even bought donator (which is considerably less expensive in the long run), hoping that over 90 percent of the server's players will purchase premium is exceptionally foolish

Nobody said that 90% or more of the playerbase was going to purchase premium?
PM Link

Vaxd wrote

Unshift wrote...

Nobody said that 90% or more of the playerbase was going to purchase premium?
"thinking that 90%+ of people won't buy premium is funny though"
PM Link

Unshift wrote

Vaxd wrote...

"thinking that 90%+ of people won't buy premium is funny though"

That's not saying 90% of people are going to buy premium, it's saying more than 10% of people are going to buy premium.
PM Link

Vaxd wrote

Unshift wrote...

That's not saying 90% of people are going to buy premium, it's saying more than 10% of people are going to buy premium.
original poster explicitly said 90% of people aren't going to buy premium, Ads_ referenced it in my above quote from him, therefore i am correct
PM Link
I would be quite happy with 10% of our active playerbase constantly buying premium. I would be able to hire so many more developers, host so many more tournaments, advertise and acquire sponsorships, and all sorts of other shit.

And btw, there are 5 developers dedicated to working on open right now. Two are on Arena S15, one is on UHC6, one is on bringing premium-only gamemodes to open, and one is on OCN gamemodes. This doesn't include the developers that help every so often. The dev team is currently spread like 40% on open, 40% on premium, and 20% on website/backend stuff.

I, along with the other owner and the senior developers (one of which was a kohi developer), have been deeply looking into improving potion pvp and have made great breakthroughs for S15.
PM Link

Unshift wrote

Ads_ wrote...

Your theory in general just doesn't make sense, you honestly sound like one of those people who try to sound smart but obviously aren't. Buying Premium and buying ranks on servers are totally different. For Badlion Premium you are paying 100% for the service, something solves all the problems that Minecraft PvP faces right now and the reason why people are quitting. Those problems are the following (what people look for in a server): as little cheaters as possible (Virtually impossible to cheat in any way on Badlion Premium), server that has smooth hit detection/registration and knockback even as simple as "Old Kohi" (Badlion Premium is 6.4 times smoother than Old Kohi 20tps vs 128tps), and are also looking for something unique and a drive to play the game and in most cases leaderboards are enough such as Badlion Open (Badlion Premium has paid leaderboards and will also create a lot more "rep" than normal Badlion Open or any server because they know that the player is legit unlike most of the leaderboards on normal servers). The Badlion client is almost like a whole new game in some ways and in my opinion it's like making a better version of the game, for example CS 1.6 => CS:GO.

I'd say that players would happily return and buy Premium even if it was just something like Old Kohi (Leaderboards with maybe a couple of cheaters, some people cheating, decent hit detection and knockback). However Badlion Premium takes all this and amplifies it 10x.

Comparing Badlion Premium to ranks is like comparing having skins in CS:GO or other games, which basically serves no purpose other than "donating" and having a 'cool edge' over other players but you don't NEED IT. Badlion Premium I would say is like buying a new game or buying ESEA for CS:GO, they both have $ value but have completely different value to the players.
PM Link

Unshift wrote

Vaxd wrote...

original poster explicitly said 90% of people aren't going to buy premium, Ads_ referenced it in my above quote from him, therefore i am correct

ImHaxing said "Please respect it and stop putting all of your fucking work towards something 90+ % of players aren't going to buy." That means he believes 10% or less of the playerbase is going to buy premium and 90% isn't. Ads_ said "Thinking that 90%+ of people won't buy premium is funny though." That means that he believes more than 10% is going to buy premium.
PM Link

Archybot wrote

I would be quite happy with 10% of our active playerbase constantly buying premium. I would be able to hire so many more developers, host so many more tournaments, advertise and acquire sponsorships, and all sorts of other shit.

And btw, there are 5 developers dedicated to working on open right now. Two are on Arena S15, one is on UHC6, one is on bringing premium-only gamemodes to open, and one is on OCN gamemodes. This doesn't include the developers that help every so often. The dev team is currently spread like 40% on open, 40% on premium, and 20% on website/backend stuff.

I, along with the other owner and the senior developers (one of which was a kohi developer), have been deeply looking into improving potion pvp and have made great breakthroughs for S15.

Holy shit… thanks for being such a dedicated owner to this server…I expected you to answer that potpvp is fine on badlion.

I really wish potpvp will be revived and improved since I was playing kohi every single day while it was up
PM Link
well you are kinda right with the pot registration thing, it is retarded how throwing a pot then it registering 0.5-1 second later can ruin games
PM Link