Store Up to 20% Off!
Players Online: 70.0k Support Forums Client
Subscribe
Casting of the upcoming Badlion CTW Tourney on Twitch
I have had an idea for this thread ever since Badlion announced their CTW tourney back in March which was postponed due to Badlion Premiums full releases I believe. Now that Badlion has officially announced when the tourney will be happening ( May 27th 2017 - More information: https://www.badlion.net/forum/thread/169130 ) I believe it is about time I finally post this and see the overall opinion of the community.

My idea:
My idea is that The Badlion Network creates an official twitch channel, for their future castings. If it already exists even better. On that channel they will cast the battles between some of the better-known teams and the teams that are projected to win, which would bring the viewer level up a lot. The idea is that they take a caster, which should in my opinion be Huahwi (not a fanboy, I believe he can talk very proffessionally, has a soothing voice and a large enough fanbase so people come onto the stream and watch), the owners or the tournament admin Varicks can decide who the caster or casters would be. This would bring the competitive scene on Badlion to a new level. I think that you should also have donations enabled during the stream and all the money that is made should be given to the winners of the tournament. It would bring the popularity of Badlion PvP even higher than it is and could influence a lot of people into playing Badlion again. Also the future prize pools could be biger, if Badlion gets partnered with twitch, people subscribe to badlion, you earn more money that you can put to good use in the prize pools.

Why do i think this will work?
Recently I have been getting into competitive scenes in other games, my favourite being Rocket League. There, they have casters that cast every game of League Play, which is basically 8 teams going against each other over the course of 7 weeks. I think this causes huge rises in the communities player count as well as it just makes it more fun. I honesly get bored while watching a big and good pvper stream their games , its just a bunch of people screaming and you can't see everything properly. I am not saying they shouldn't be allowed to stream but they should encourage viewers to go to the official stream. The prize pool in more competitive games rises with every tournament because of this. They have more people watching which gives them more money, being able to make the experience better which causes even more viewers and so on. It's a snowball.

Other things:
Try to get ESL to get you some type of public promotion, like twitter or on their website. Also try to get Twitch to put you on their front page or to list you as a competitive game on their home page. getting sponsors would be benefitial too.

You might ask yourself why I am even creating this post? Just a translator that isn't well known in the community. Well I care for this game and for Badlion. I have been playing Minecraft since 2011 and Badlion since the end of 2014. I would love to see this game grow into something beautiful, a real Esport. I believe it can and if Badlion can make the right moves I think it will. Badlion Premium was a great start but it's time to think beyond that.

That is basically all I had to say, if you think I made a mistake somewhere or have any ideas comment down below. I am open to constructive criticism.

Thank you for reading my thread :)

PM Link
Great idea!!!
PM Link
Something a lot of people have been talking about, I'm sure that Badlion will do something like this when they get a chance. If they manage to organize everything in time or are already working on it the CTW tournament would be a great start. It's nice that you brought attention back to it, gave some new ideas and your view on it. :)
PM Link
+1
PM Link
nice
PM Link
Automatically Deleted
PM Link
Nice idea.

+1
PM Link
+1,also someone maybe move it to ideas/suggestions?
PM Link
Moved

+1
PM Link
+1 Great idea. I can not see anything wrong with this idea.
PM Link
+1
PM Link
Nice idea! +1
PM Link
https://www.badlion.net/forum/thread/103244
PM Link
+1!
PM Link
This is such a good idea, ocn did kinda but with non known ppl of the sv, If badlion manages to get some ''famous'' ppl on twitch streaming the tournament, such as Olliegamerz(it's the only one I know) that would make the CTW gamemode getting a lot more of fame, and it needs it, it's the most underrated gamemode here.

+1!
PM Link
@Saimo , I was unaware of that post, thank you for sharing it, but also that was almost a year ago… I didn't see anything similar done to what i described in my post
PM Link

_Laurence_ wrote

@Saimo , I was unaware of that post, thank you for sharing it, but also that was almost a year ago… I didn't see anything similar done to what i described in my post

In all honesty I think it's because they didn't find someone good enough for the job
PM Link
I can see that being the problem. I don't think a lot of famous ranks are capable to do live proffesional commentary.
PM Link
Huahwi is the only English Famous Rank that can provide a good and professional commentary lol. Also +1 for the idea. Always wanted this.
PM Link
+1

However tbh Huahwi wouldn't have a clue what was going on in CTW xD
PM Link