Store
Subscribe
Banning mid-match
Hello!

Recently the Arena Seniors have been noticing a lot of people banning mid-match, the reasons ranging from Kill Aura, to Anti-Knockback. According to the Handbook, mods are required to wait until the end of a ranked match to ban.

Now, that being said, there is an exception to this rule. You are allowed to ban mid-match for blatant hacks only. This means you can ban mid match for extremely obvious KA/FF, Anti-KB, Speed, Fly, etc (also camping).

We define "blatant" as "Evidence that a senior could look at and immediately see that the player in question is cheating." In other words, any senior should be able to look at the evidence and instantly say "he's cheating" without any deliberation. If this is not the case, wait until the end of the match to ban.

Since we have loosened up on these rules, there will be harsher consequences for false banning mid-match. If you false ban mid-match, there is a serious chance you may be demoted.

To recap:
  • All blue tags and up can ban Donors and Non-Donors mid-match for blatant hacks (See definition of blatant above)
  • If you false ban mid-match you are at serious risk for demotion

• Thank you for reading.

PM Link
    This is good and all, but let's not forget that not having discord in night mode is a sin
    PM Link

xIronMatt wrote

If you ban someone during a ranked match, and it is a false ban, you will be stripped of your rank after a consecutive amount of time which is up to the manager's discretion.

Was this not already a thing?
    PM Link

xIronMatt wrote

Hello!

Recently the Arena Seniors have been noticing a lot of people banning mid-match, the reasons ranging from Camping, to Speed, to Kill Aura. According to the Handbook, mods are required to wait until the end of a ranked match to ban.

I'm assuming we can still kick for Camping mid-match. Right?
    PM Link

FunkyFactions wrote

xIronMatt wrote...

Was this not already a thing?

It was not being enforced extremely well, but with these changes it will be.
    PM Link

JackyFTW wrote

xIronMatt wrote...

I'm assuming we can still kick for Camping mid-match. Right?

Correct. You can still kick for camping mid-match, but for any bans, you must wait until it's over.
    PM Link
    So you want us to record until we issue the ban as well instead of ending the recording at the end of the match and then banning?
    PM Link

PoisonShadows wrote

So you want us to record until we issue the ban as well instead of ending the recording at the end of the match and then banning?

Correct
    PM Link

xIronMatt wrote

PoisonShadows wrote...

Correct

Noted. ;)
    PM Link

xIronMatt wrote

According to the Handbook, mods are required to wait until the end of a ranked match to ban.

Unless I'm mistaken or this was just worded poorly, I'm fairly certain the staff handbook only requires that mods wait until after a match ends to ban the player if they are a donator.

PM Link

FunkyFactions wrote

xIronMatt wrote...

Unless I'm mistaken or this was just worded poorly, I'm fairly certain the staff handbook only requires that mods wait until after a match ends to ban the player if they are a donator.

It used to be like this, but I spoke with Nerd and it's now for all players.
    PM Link

xIronMatt wrote

FunkyFactions wrote...

It used to be like this, but I spoke with Nerd and it's now for all players.

Okay, thanks for clarifying.
    PM Link
    Can I ask why? If someone is blatantly flying why can't a blue tag ban them? We can't save their rating this way. It's just going to make the staff team more unpopular with players.
    PM Link

RealSportsFan wrote

Can I ask why? If someone is blatantly flying why can't a blue tag ban them? We can't save their rating this way. It's just going to make the staff team more unpopular with players.

This is rule is to protect moderators. Recently, there has been a glitch which makes players look like they are flying on Arena. Unfortunately, this has lead to several false bans, so this rule will prevent the player from losing MMR due to being false banned.

Regardless of whether or not the players like it, it is a rule, and it stands.

If you have any further questions you can ask on here or PM me on discord.
    PM Link

xIronMatt wrote

RealSportsFan wrote...

This is rule is to protect moderators. Recently, there has been a glitch which makes players look like they are flying on Arena. Unfortunately, this has lead to several false bans, so this rule will prevent the player from losing MMR due to being false banned.

Regardless of whether or not the players like it, it is a rule, and it stands.

If you have any further questions you can ask on here or PM me on discord.

Can I see a video of this glitch? Im just curious :P
    PM Link
    Personally, I think this rule will only piss the community off more. I agree with @RealSportsFan about this, as it will just piss the community off more. I understand there's obviously a glitch, but why not rather inform the staff team on this glitch then prevent us from banning for blatant shit mid match? If anything, that will make the staff team more informed, while also not pissing the community off. As staff, we already have a reputation from the community that we're lazy and inactive, which this decision will surely fuel people to support this argument.

However, I'm not going to just disagree, but provide what I believe should be done as an alternative. As I said above, I think the staff team shouldn't be left in the dark, but should rather be informed about this glitch either on the forums or in discord with video evidence and an in depth explanation. I also think this should be the case for the majority of major glitches, as that would generally improve in game knowledge, which can help more players. I also think the same rule should stand that if someone gets a false ban in a ranked match, they get demoted. This is a big enough incentive for most people to just not ban for something they are unsure of mid match.

And also as a side note, I think this pissing people off isn't really good considering the whole Ultra, MineHQ, CheatBreaker drama that Badlion is in the crossfire of. From a player's point of view, it only loses them minecraft points to cheaters, which is ultimately what we try to prevent as staff members.
    PM Link
    I believe this rule shouldn't apply to blatant hacks like flying or speed. All it's going to do is cause a massive delay, causing players to make reports and getting pissed off, and of course, what about the people in the match? what about their MMR? If they're beaten by a blatant hacker then why should they have to suffer? I believe the rule should apply to more complicated hacks like ka/ff or aimbot, etc.
    PM Link
    @Slypering @UVpickles @RealSportsFan

I spoke with Archy, and he clarified for me. If we false ban a donator mid-match, they could sue Badlion and claim fraud, which would cause Badlion to lose money.

It does not matter what players think of this rule, it is to protect the staff members, and Badlion.
    PM Link
    Bump
    PM Link
    Bump
    PM Link
    Thread is locked