Store
Players Online: 53.8k Support Forums Client
Subscribe
1v1 League - Reorganizing the Prize Pool
Hey everyone. We had a vision for the Badlion Premium features on the Badlion Client and so far have not been able to realize that vision. We feel it is best to remove the prize pools for July and August and use them towards other tournaments/leagues instead. There has been a huge decrease in activity from the past two months on the 1v1 league which is the reasoning behind this decision. We don't want this league to just be a mad scramble at the end of the month for people to get on just to win some money. We want to promote a competitive cheat free environment with this and other Badlion Premium features. We are in the process of contacting the winners of June to finalize the payments.

We are turning to the community to get recommendations as to what you would like to see this prize money used for instead. Give us some ideas and we will try to make them a reality.
PM Link
I'd say just increase the prize pool for the future tournaments evenly with all the extra money.

Since top 5 in each kit can't get the huge prize pool could we get a cosmetic case instead for our efforts?
PM Link
Give them the unique badlion cosmetic that people can only get by meeting the owners IRL?
PM Link
Reward high players in open for each ladder (small prizes)

Individual 1v1 tournaments on open

free weekend event on premium with a prize event on there (like PUG weekend where the top player gets some money or something)
PM Link
Whatever kind of competitions you choose to use the prize pool on, it should be easy for a lot of people to get involved and it should be well advertised.
PM Link

Ny_ wrote

Whatever kind of competitions you choose to use the prize pool on, it should be easy for a lot of people to get involved and it should be well advertised.
yes, whatever you end up doing, it needs plenty of advertisement
PM Link
Just donate most of the winner's money to charity. Just an idea. Whatever you do, charity should be included.
PM Link
More team tournaments with smaller cash prize

Limit to a certain amount of teams, require having a clan or at least being a part of a clan to participate
PM Link
pay the build team

kappa
PM Link
An official AU tournament? NA and EU get all the tournaments -_-
PM Link

MCUnbreakable wrote

More team tournaments with smaller cash prize

Limit to a certain amount of teams, require having a clan or at least being a part of a clan to participate

I like this idea. Make them more frequent so you can get through all the kits satisfying all players. The winner of each would get a small prize of €50 let's say.
PM Link
Give the #1 place owner rank on badlion :V
PM Link
Tbh I just knew about the 1v1 summer league the first month, I knew the kits were Build, sg and nodebuff so I decided not to participate, I was still kinda hyped about the next month due to new kits, so maybe there would be a kit where I was able to try getting some money.
But the first season ended and I just never heard again about this league, so I guess the advertisement was bad, I rlly wanted to play this.
PM Link

Legendcaleb wrote

great idea i agree :)
PM Link
Automatically Deleted
PM Link

EhhThing wrote

Hire somebody to do marketing.

I agree with this on so many levels
PM Link

Legendcaleb wrote

Individual 1v1 tournaments on open

free weekend event on premium with a prize event on there (like PUG weekend where the top player gets some money or something)

+1 on everything mostly the first one :)
PM Link

Limeintine wrote

I'd say just increase the prize pool for the future tournaments evenly with all the extra money.

Since top 5 in each kit can't get the huge prize pool could we get a cosmetic case instead for our efforts?
PM Link
CTW!!!!
PM Link
1. I'd say the biggest fault with the premium league is the queuing experience. Having to load a new minecraft up every time you find a game just makes the experience really slow paced; people with low end PCs never end up playing. A lot of games have just been me killing people who failed to reconnect in time for the game to start.

I think getting around this issue where you no longer has to open up a new game in order for you to fight someone would encourage more people to play the league

2. The lack of advertisement for the league meant that few people even knew about it in the 1st place. I didn't see any of the badlion partners, or other big youtubers publish any content of the 1v1 league. The way I see it, regardless if you like or dislike the premium experience a 4.5k prize pool should be a good incentive to play regardless. I'd buy a game that I disliked if there was such a generous prize on the table.

Overall The League has a lot of potential. Changing how queuing system works and getting youtubers/partners to advertise it would make a big difference.
PM Link