Store
Players Online: 50.2k Support Forums Client
Subscribe
[UHC] Coomunity UHCs - Caves System and Mob Rates
Hi!

I tried to host a private UHC with a few friends of mine yesterday, and everything worked out quite well. The only sort of "issues" we had are the caves system generation and mobs rates. Now, I do understand that Badlion UHCers enjoy endless caves and lots of ores everywhere, and I also understand it is a great way to fight x-rayers, since everyone is basically able to mine full-diamond quite quickly. As a small group of people from a vanilla SMP, though, those caves and those ore rates seemed a bit too high and honestly they just made caving really boring. We all managed to mine full-diamond and we all had 10+ gapples quite early in the game.
Again, I know badlion UHC players enjoy this kind of gameplay more in public games, but I think you should be able to tweak the terrain generation, or something like that, in case you don't want to play a smaller version of an usual public game. It just isn't fun, especially because there can't be as many people as in public UHCs, which means there would be less variety.

So here's my idea: I don't know if this is doable or not, but adding "UHC 6.0 Terrain/Caves generation" and "Vanilla Terrain/Caves generation" buttons in the game configuration panel would be awesome, or at least give Lion+ hosts power to tweak it a little bit. This would make games less predictable and a bit more fun to play. Remember, these UHCs are way smaller than usual ones and some people will host them simply to have their own UHC experience with some friends.

Another minor issue, which made caving a lot more boring, was the mobs spawning rates. As a long time UHC player, I really miss the challenge of going through caves. Sure, Badlion UHCers don't like mobs as they just slow the whole "getting full-dia in 20 mins" process, but I think you should let people decide whether mobs rates should be like this or not. Adding a "Vanilla Mobs Spawning Rates" button wouldn't hurt!

I know most of the people here won't agree with these changes, as they're too used to this new kind of UHC gameplay. But, I'm sure I am not the only one who would love to play a proper Ultra Hardcore with some friends. Again, all this would be toggleable in the configurations panel, and it would simply make these UHCs a bit different from the official ones.

Thanks for reading, and let me know what your ideas and opinions are about the matter!
PM Link
I completely agree with what you said here, I would love to see this become an actual thing in the future. I myself enjoy less diamond and vanilla caves more and this would be something to really get me playing. +1
PM Link
While I personally prefer lots of ores I don't feel like it's fair to only satisy some peoples desires. If this was possible I'd like to see this implemented. +1
PM Link
+1
PM Link
I believe we are planning on adding some more config options such as the world ore generation and what not soon.
PM Link