Store
Players Online: 45.4k Help Forums Client
Subscribe
About Burning Items When you are about to die
So a while ago i made a thread suggesting two things, one of which is banning or punishing players for intentionally burning their items so other players can get them when they kill them in thread :https://www.badlion.net/forum/thread/190648/post/1061897#1061897

I don't know if people did not understand what I meant or they are actually opposed to what I suggested, but what I was talking about when a player is being chased and is gonna die and decides to burn all of his stuff in lava or just die in lava so their stuff burns. I don't know about you, but I think that is just scummy. Literally just throwing away the armor you are wearing, the weapons you have, your healing, etc, that is just a scummy move. It's not like chugging where you are making it so that the other player wont be able to get all of your gaps but you are able to also stay alive longer, when you just burning your stuff you are literally admitting that the other person is going to kill you, so you won't let the person get anything useful off of you. Its basically like sacrificing, which is bannable, except it benefits no one. If everyone did this, then literally there would be no reason to fight if the other person is going to drain you and then burn their stuff.

I did not mean burning extra armor and weapons or something like that. I also don't mean when someone sets you on fire or knocks you into lava and you die, causing your stuff to burn, or if you fall in lava and die by accident.
PM Link
People burn their items, get over it, it's not affecting your life in a major way.

Or to save time and stress from more threads like these, why don't the devs make items non-burnable?
PM Link
Again it's part of the game if you can't take it go play hypixel uhc your valuable stuff won't get burned there.
PM Link
It's a part of the game as other people want to stop their opponents from getting their items. Immature or not it remains a part of the game and we can only work to counter it.
PM Link
it’s annoying but I guess you just have to deal with it
PM Link
jeez some of you act so toxic about this, i applaud those who didn't go toxic mode
its like how you can tackle people in every sport, but most sports that's against the rules

you can punch everyone in any sport, but its against the rules

You can pull a zaza puchilia and injure a player but only get a foul call instead of a suspension, but that's scummy

a rule change will simply make the game more enjoyable since there is already cleaning and fights that drain all your healing, and this isn't even like cleaning and chugging/draining since it actually makes you die faster than survive for longer.

there's plenty of things in the game like strip mining, camping, skybasing, sacrificing, leaving a server so a player only gets the kill but not your stuff (which plenty of us have done before in sg), but all of that is either bannable or has been prevented in the case of leaving a server

in fact, burning your stuff or suiciding into lava just so that the person about to kill you can't get your stuff is the equivalent of leaving the server so the player can't get your stuff, but badlion decided that that would not happen anymore and had a mob hold all of your stuff
PM Link
and yeah making items non burnable would also be nice
PM Link
It’s minecraft
PM Link

Emendings wrote

It’s minecraft
PM Link

Bobbles wrote

Emendings wrote...

that's the point it makes it less sweaty if people are less scummy lol
PM Link
The problem with burning items I see is that you can't counter it very well and it's not fun. I think a good solution to this would be to add a few seconds of fire resistance on dropped items. That way, when someone does it, you have a chance to save the items if you act quickly. The time of the fire resist could even be randomized for every item so that the items burn up gradually instead of all instantly and the quicker you act the more items you have a chance to save.
PM Link
You know you could just place water
PM Link

Pika12X wrote

You know you could just place water

lol not when they just drop their armor and healing right into lava or burns themselves at like half a heart
PM Link
You could just place water.
PM Link
UHC in my opinion is already too edited from vanilla, this would make it feel so different to UHC badlion hosted 1-2 years ago and that’s what people liked. It is also apart of the game
PM Link

YoYoBoBo wrote

Pika12X wrote...

lol not when they just drop their armor and healing right into lava or burns themselves at like half a heart

Be fast
PM Link