Store
Players Online: 51.3k Help Forums Client
Subscribe
CTW Kit! [Skywars Revamp]
CTW Kit:
So from looking at the Season 16 Community Thread and LukeWilliam's Thread, many people missed Skywars as a ranked kit on Arena
Im suggesting that rather than "Skywars" a similar "CTW" Kit is made to replace
Skywars as a minigame is pretty dead on Badlion whereas CTW is a gamemode that is actually popular

MAPS:
Layout:
An issue with skywars maps is that some are too small and the faster bridger always wins, and others are too large and allow for hiding all game
The perfect maps for this type of kit must reward the fastest bridger but also allow enough space to actually PvP
Therefore, think there should be a layout some like these
https://gyazo.com/be34a9da0eab4ab2712fda0b67776566 https://gyazo.com/74a200e4064d674cfcb9afb8eb9f4fe9
Although basic, the point is that even slow bridgers can get to the 2nd island in time, and gives them more time and space to plan their push to the middle island before their island is destroyed
However the player who gets to middle first has the advantage of being able to bow the other player, as they are only on a thin island

Tunneling / Hiding:
This just slows down the match too much and people just hide forever
Instead the maps should be layed out like CTW maps, with bedrock around 3 - 4 blocks to make it difficult but still viable
https://gyazo.com/897afdcd8802ad0a5e3419ec143af9fe

Aesthetics:
Maps can also be based off existing competitive CTW maps on the server such as Bastion or GD5
This might actually advertise the gamemode a bit also as currently many Arena players dont play competitive CTW

Armour:
In CTW, players have to mine Gold / Iron blocks to craft their armour and then move out of spawn. A possible idea is that the starting island has a pile of these blocks that the player must use to craft armour before bridging
This would also add another layer of speed needed as there are faster ways to mine armour
It could allow different stretegies as well as a player could rush mid without armour to try and hold off the other, but will have a large disadvantage if the other is able to pvp them
example of a possible spawn (Excuse the fact that the island looks really stupid)
https://gyazo.com/301ac622defe1c17684b382762176c4e

KIT:
I have came up with a few different kit ideas which all simulate CTW
By having the kit be like the gamemode it will actually help people get better at using blocks and fighting like an actual CTW game

https://gyazo.com/f199d7399b9a8ef7bf39ad802105ee86
Sword- Stone is the main sword for all CTW maps so it seems like the best for any
No Rod- CTW doesn't have rods and I don't think a arena kit with void should have one as its too easy to pressure the opponent to the edge
Bow- Unenchanted bow with 64 arrows is the current CTW setup and allows bow to be used for combos and pressuring rather than a rod
Tools- Iron Pick and Axe as you need to be able to break different blocks especially when chasing people who are tunnelling (possibly a shovel too)
Food- Usually you only have 1 gapple in CTW however I think having 2 chances to heal and works well in the current skywars kit
Main Block- 64 x Cobble or Sandstone. Only different is that sandstone mines quicker so idk if it matters
2nd Blocks- 32 x Wood to use for slower mining when running and to make a crafting table
Snowballs- Some CTW maps use snowballs and they are better than Rods as they only have 16 usages. It could make the kit more exciting
Armour- The armour again could be based on the map by having clusters of iron / gold blocks to mine first

TL:DR:
Add CTW kit instead of Skywars as it is a popular gamemode
Maps have bedrock to reduce tunneling and aethetics can be based of current CTW maps
Have more small islands between spawn and mid to give the slower builder a chance to get to mid before island breaks
Iron / Gold Blocks at spawn so armour must be crafted before bridging to middle
Remove rod as there is no rod in CTW, however possibly add snowballs though
Overall is a good way to represent a ctw kit and allow practice for it
PM Link
I honestly have no problem with this idea it seems like you explained everything with great detail and would be awesome to have on Badlion.

I wouldn't be surprised if Badlion added this +1
PM Link
+1 lol
PM Link
+1
PM Link
+1

I would play this for sure! I like how you would need to craft armor and stuff before going to mid and the items for the kit. And the idea to basically use the CTW maps for this kit would be nice since they have bedrock. Would keep players from tunneling for sure. Feel like this could be a popular kit if done correctly.
PM Link
Automatically Deleted
PM Link
I made a ctw custom kit a month ago, but didn't try it. Its almost similar tho

+1
PM Link
+1, great idea and well explained. Good job!
PM Link
+1
PM Link
+1 would play this alot.
PM Link
Good idea +1
PM Link
+1

I would play this for sure!
PM Link
+1

Great idea and you explained it very well. I think the concept of advertising it through an arena kit is a great idea and I love that you would craft your armor!
PM Link
+1

I would play this a lot more!
PM Link
although this post was made three years ago, all the reasoning still holds up and every reply has been glowing. I don't see why this was ignored and I think it would be great to have this in ArenaPvP!

(@ginie1, @frogmike, @Archybot)
PM Link
Bump needs more attention
PM Link
+1

I would have so muuuuuchhhhh fun!
PM Link

fleuor wrote

although this post was made three years ago

lol
PM Link
Idm for unranked +1